My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count

This news is a few days old....but it appears that the Big 12 will still continue to be the only "Power 5" conference to not host a championship game. Bob Bowlsby, the Big 12 commissioner, said that the conference will continue to not have a championship game after saying they would probably add one the week before. I know it's not all on Bob Bowlsby....he's probably just relaying the messages he is getting from the schools Athletic Directors.

We all saw TCU (IMO the best team in the country last year) demolish Ole Miss in their bowl game, and I feel they had a real shot at winning the National Championship. A lot of people feel that not having a championship game basically screwed TCU/Baylor/Big 12 from competing in the inaugural College Football Playoff.

And I know Splits....there are NCAA rules that prevent an 8 team league from hosting a championship game. BUT, this is one phone call away from being done away with if the Big 12 really wants to play a championship game.

A lot of Big 12 fans on this forum....I'm curious to see what you all think. Do you feel that not having a championship game screwed TCU and Baylor last year? Also, do you want a championship game or are you okay with not having one?

Full links:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...missioner-says
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-talk-hold-now

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If the conference championships were to tie into the playoffs like they should, I'm all for em.

If not, they're pointless except to give an undefeated team one last chance to lose and miss the playoffs.

It's ridiculously stupid they don't have 5 playoff spots for the five champs plus 3 at large. That way you bring in Notre Dame/BYU, another top ten power five school and then one mid major.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    If the conference championships were to tie into the playoffs like they should, I'm all for em.

If not, they're pointless except to give an undefeated team one last chance to lose and miss the playoffs.

It's ridiculously stupid they don't have 5 playoff spots for the five champs plus 3 at large. That way you bring in Notre Dame/BYU, another top ten power five school and then one mid major.
    You're right...an 8 team playoff would cetainly solve a lot of these problems. But as far as I know that's at least 2 years away...

Thread Information