Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was the original figure, but the last amount I saw was $1.2M.
    I am curious as to what the max amount Bobi could earn after next year, if we want to try to retain him.

I suspect we will pursue Hibbert strongly, but I am curious as to what Bobi's hold and what his max actual salary can be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though he's slow he seems to get into his shooting/dunking motion pretty quickly and is decisive about what he's doing. Should be able to score pretty easy in NBA.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players with 6 years or less are maxed at 25% of the salary cap.
    The conservative estimate for 2016-17 is a $78M cap.
    If so, then the max for a player with less than 6 years will be $19.5/yr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players with 6 years or less are maxed at 25% of the salary cap.
    The conservative estimate for 2016-17 is a $78M cap.
    If so, then the max for a player with less than 6 years will be $19.5/yr.
    I was thinking that a player w 1 yr experience, it would be much lower. Is he considered a RFA after next year or UFA?

Thx for the info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking that a player w 1 yr experience, it would be much lower. Is he considered a RFA after next year or UFA?

Thx for the info.
    Yeah, he's an Arenas RFA if he makes it through the season. No one can sign him to a contract starting at more than the full MLE (about $5.4 Million I think), though they can give him a Asik-like deal where it's MLE for the first two years and the max for the third and potentially fourth years. If the Spurs were to cut him or renounce him, then he'd be eligible for the max, though he'd obviously not get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he's an Arenas RFA if he makes it through the season. No one can sign him to a contract starting at more than the full MLE (about $5.4 Million I think), though they can give him a Asik-like deal where it's MLE for the first two years and the max for the third and potentially fourth years. If the Spurs were to cut him or renounce him, then he'd be eligible for the max, though he'd obviously not get it.
    Thx

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the one hand, I feel largely vindicated. , when he was given big minutes he almost always performed. Sometimes better than I could have dreamed. He banged out numbers at historic levels, and was such a force that he dominated stretches. He instantly changed games when he was in. He even became a fan favorite and super charged the typically lukewarm home crowds, giving the team va real home advantage when he would come in. Teams HAD to account for him. He shut down drives by his size. He drew fouls by the fistful and would help the spurs get in the penalty. He was a very good passer.

On the other hand, I feel disgusted that Pop ruined Duncan's last season by burying Boban. , spurs would have had a better regular season just by playing Boban more, such as the games like Chicago when West and Diaw were being slaughtered in a pathetic preview of things to come.

It might have been better had they just re-signed Ayres to the minimum. Because at least then the losing could be easily lived with. Ayres would have no chance to be any better than West anyway so there would be no stress over the losing.

Good luck to Boban in his future in the NBA or overseas. I don't see the Spurs matching any offer, and I hope they don't. He deserves better than being coached by Pop another year and wasted.

Pop hated Boban getting accolades from the fans, and held it against Boban. He had to teach Boban that good play meant nothing compared to years of service. And if Boban heard cheers, then he clearly needed to get over himself. Cheers on good plays have to make a player arrogant.

Pop never, ever, ever had anything to say about officiating to the media. But he sure found the time to humiliate Boban for the media and attack the fans for recognizing game changing play. That he went out of his way to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Objective was drunk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Objective was drunk.
    I think he's just sour that we are going down with terrible bigs in Dias and Bobsn when he believes Pop should have given more of a chance to Boban. Maybe that + one too many.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only drunk on truth.

Vindicated

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was rooting for more Boban too. Then I saw him play against Kanter and Adams and it wasn't too pretty.

Boban is realistically going to be a 3/4th big. He's going to absolutely crush some teams but be completely useless against others.

Maybe things change if he gets some respect from the refs. But even then idk.

I'm losing my faith in Bobanity

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He only got the foul trouble because he was pressing to get the Spurs out of their choke hole and had the over the back fouls.

By the time Boban got in, the team had quit when West, Anderson and Mills shat the lead away into a deficit. Boban went overboard trying to save the series. Had he been given minutes earlier in the series, just five minutes a half even, with leads like West had, the Spurs win the c series.

Period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He only got the foul trouble because he was pressing to get the Spurs out of their choke hole and had the over the back fouls.

By the time Boban got in, the team had quit when West, Anderson and Mills shat the lead away into a deficit. Boban went overboard trying to save the series. Had he been given minutes earlier in the series, just five minutes a half even, with leads like West had, the Spurs win the c series.

Period.
    Hard to say but I could see a scenario where you are right simply bc the bench couldn't score at all and Diaw and D west were absolute trash providing no inside presence which was the beginning of the bench problems offensively. At least Boban can score that I know for sure but the bench had so many problems, that it was probably a wash. They were relying on switching to mask the total lack of rim protection and Boban was going to be PNR to death and he struggled defensively. It could have just as well been worse with Boban. It could have been worth a try earlier in the series but it's far from a sure thing.

Thread Information