Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    So, where are all the people saying the St Louis Cardinals need to forfeit their last le?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    baseball

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    So, where are all the people saying the St Louis Cardinals need to forfeit their last le?
    Funny how everyone is waiting patiently for that entire process to conclude before passing judgement.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Funny how everyone is waiting patiently for that entire process to conclude before passing judgement.
    i dont follow baseball but they've been getting crucified on the radio

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    appeal hearing today. Blake nervously pacing back and forth

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Most likely outcome today imo: Goodell reduces suspension to 2 games, Brady says " that, see you in court"

Another possibility: Goodell exonerates Brady for any involvement in deflating footballs but keeps 1 game suspension for not fully cooperating in the investigation, Brady accepts and it's over.

Dream Pats Fan scenario: Goodell throws out the suspension, s all over Ted Wells. 0% chance of this happening.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    you're talking out of your ass

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    you're talking out of your ass
    saw that coming a mile away. Did you all over your keyboard as you hit send? Should I just mass post while you're in your refractory period?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    appeal hearing today. Blake nervously pacing back and forth
    Because i have a hugely vested interest in Brady playing.

Or you're talking out your ass

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Most likely outcome today imo: Goodell reduces suspension to 2 games, Brady says " that, see you in court"

Another possibility: Goodell exonerates Brady for any involvement in deflating footballs but keeps 1 game suspension for not fully cooperating in the investigation, Brady accepts and it's over.

Dream Pats Fan scenario: Goodell throws out the suspension, s all over Ted Wells. 0% chance of this happening.
    I have a hunch he won't go with the predictable 2 game reduction. It looks weak from both sides of the argument and it gives Brady ammo in court because the commissioner already admitted that the punishment was initially capricious.

I'd be surprised if Goodell does something other than all or nothing. He's gonna talk to every lawyer who will listen about how much of a shot Brady has at winning in court and make his decision based off of that. If he thinks Brady has no shot in court, he has no incentive to change the suspension because at that point he might as well look as strong as possible. If he thinks Brady has a good shot in court, imo he'll waive the suspension just to ensure he avoids the worst case scenario of Brady embarrassing the NFL in court after how bad the last year has been with handling suspensions.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The only negative for Brady going to court is that judges rarely overturn arbiter decisions.

Lawyers would probably have to show that it's unfair practice for Goodell to be the arbiter.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If Goodell keeps the suspension the way it is, he's setting a precedent he doesn't want to. Remember when the Vikings heated up game balls on the sidelines? Guess what, they need to lose a draft pick too now. Find out that the balls in a GB game are overinflated? Dock them a draft pick too. All or nothing.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If Goodell keeps the suspension the way it is, he's setting a precedent he doesn't want to. Remember when the Vikings heated up game balls on the sidelines? Guess what, they need to lose a draft pick too now. Find out that the balls in a GB game are overinflated? Dock them a draft pick too. All or nothing.
    Nobody cares if the Vikings or Packers cheat. They only care if the Patriots cheat. Goodell has the majority of public opinion on his side if he unfairly crucifies the Patriots here, so he'll do it because he's a desperate spineless hole. He's not interested in what really happened, he's interested in what will get his approval rating up. ting on the Patriots is a surefire way to get the fans back on his side. So while I don't think he wanted Deflategate to blow up like it did, he certainly took advantage of it. He got Ted Wells to deliver a guilty verdict with zero actual proof and scientific data so ty and stupid it makes Furious 7 look like a physics textbook in comparison. He kept himself as arbitrator to ensure his ability to hammer the Patriots stayed intact. And soon he'll be hoping a court will ignore the idiotic nature of everything surrounding this case, and rule in his favor on the technicality of the CBA.
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 06-25-2015 at 03:48 AM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yes, it's all a vast conspiracy because Goodell wants to hammer his best friend Kraft who has him on a leash, the biggest bandwagon in the sport, and the glory-boy face of the league Brady. Patriots fans are delusional.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Yes, it's all a vast conspiracy because Goodell wants to hammer his best friend Kraft who has him on a leash, the biggest bandwagon in the sport, and the glory-boy face of the league Brady. Patriots fans are delusional.
    If Goodell really wanted to bury this under the rug, he would've fined the Patriots citing it as a technicality, and that would be it.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Thanks for making my point for me. If Goodell really was Bob Kraft's lap dog this story would have been buried in January. All Goodell had to do was release the PSI numbers that completely debunked Mortensen's initial report of "11 of 12 balls were deflated by over 2 PSI" which started this whole mess. Instead he let that completely false report play out on the national scene for months. If anything, Goodell getting Kraft to back off his threats to sue the league shows their relationship is the other way around, Roger carries the leash and Bob wears the collar.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    NFLPA to fight Tom Brady ruling in court if any of QB's ban remains

The NFL Players Association is expected to contest the results of Tom Brady's appeal in federal court if any of the New England Patriots quarterback's four-game suspension remains, union sources told ABC News' Ryan Smith.

If Brady's suspension is lifted when commissioner Roger Goodell announces his ruling and he is fined instead, the quarterback will decide whether to challenge the decision in court.
    If the NFLPA does challenge the appeal verdict in court, it will argue:

• The ball-deflation policy was incorrectly applied to Brady, as the rules were meant for club personnel and not players.
    • Against the "general awareness" standard used by Ted Wells' investigators to determine Brady's involvement.
    • If it is determined the ball-deflation policy did apply to Brady, the league failed to give him notice of the penalty, in essence making up the punishment with precedent.
    • The NFL doesn't have proper techniques and standards for measuring deflation of footballs.
    • Goodell should have recused himself as the arbitrator for Brady's appeal hearing.
    The commissioner said last week that he expected to have a ruling soon, possibly sometime this week.
    In addition to Brady's four-game suspension, the Patriots were fined $1 million and stripped of a 2016 first-round draft choice and 2017 fourth-round selection as a result of the Wells report. Patriots owner Robert Kraft said at the owners meetings in May that he "reluctantly" accepted the team's portion of the penalty.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...ling-ban-stays

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Of course they will. The commissioner has nothing.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Goodell is taking forever... is anyone surprised? This guy is a buffoon.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    IMO it was a tactical error of the union to leak a story the same week Goodell was expected to rule about how they're going to take it to court if he doesn't overturn the suspension. Once that happened, Goodell almost has to double down and uphold the suspension in order to avoid looking weak. People are re ed and think Goodell works for the general public (he should be fired for Ray Rice) but the people he actually works for (the owners) don't want to see a commissioner who buckles to pressure from the players' union.

whose cah we gonna take? Boston Pancake's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    IMO it was a tactical error of the union to leak a story the same week Goodell was expected to rule about how they're going to take it to court if he doesn't overturn the suspension. Once that happened, Goodell almost has to double down and uphold the suspension in order to avoid looking weak. People are re ed and think Goodell works for the general public (he should be fired for Ray Rice) but the people he actually works for (the owners) don't want to see a commissioner who buckles to pressure from the players' union.
    Are you guys still fahkin pumped about winning the 'ship? I still fahkin am. It's still wicked awesome, mattah of fact I'm gonna go down to Fitzy's and throw back a few Boston Lagers to celebrate. Lookit, fahk that stick Goodell and his ty attempt to assassinate the pristine character of the GOAT, Tommy O'Brady. It won't fahkin work. The Mighty New England Patriots are the motherfahkin world champs of the fahkin world and thats all dere is too it. Now if only the fahkin Sox could pull their heads out their asses, it's be the most kick ass summer ever! Bring back fahkin Nomah to show these sticks how to play with some fahkin heart!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Of course they will. The commissioner has nothing.
    If Brady goes to court he is gonna get smeared. You wait till all the messages are exposed. The attorneys will make him look very bad. It might be worth It to get him games but he WILL take a punch to the gut. No way Brady comes out unscathed if this goes to court, no way.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    If Brady goes to court he is gonna get smeared. You wait till all the messages are exposed. The attorneys will make him look very bad. It might be worth It to get him games but he WILL take a punch to the gut. No way Brady comes out unscathed if this goes to court, no way.
    Why should he have to expose his text messages?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Why should he have to expose his text messages?
    Because the lawyers will ask for them and I betcha a Judge grants it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If this goes to court, Brady will have to reveal more than he would have had to reveal to Wells. If that's his plan, it's amazingly stupid.

Thread Information