Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LINK

Let me first start off my saying that I'm not connected to the trailblazers organization in any capacity. I do not work for them and have never worked for them before. I work at a public relations firm where we are hired by various individuals. Some of these individuals are politicians, business men, entertainers, and athletes. For example the firm i work for represents some players on the portland timbers and the thorns. These are the "second biggest thing in town" next to the blazers. My firm also has worked with the agents of many athletes who played for the trailblazers as well as retired blazers who call portland home

I tell you this information because i want my words to have some credibility and not be blown off as trolling. Currently the trailblazers are facing a summer where most of the starting lineup and team in general are free agents. The biggest being Lamarcus Aldridge who is the best player on the team. There has been a lot of rumors lately about what team he will go to and who will chase him. Im here to tell you what there is only one team above all else and that is the........... SAN ANTONIO SPURS

The Spurs is the eyes of many people in the "know" are his first choice. Many believe they have surpassed the Blazers in Lamarcus's mind. He thinks that San Antonio is the perfect place for him.

Why is San Antonio the front runner

1. The proxcimity to his family. He is a devote family man and is from the state of Texas. His son lives in San Antonio and his mother is in Dallas. Agents think that this will be the biggest factor in his decision. One person told me that he is not happy that he is missing a lot of his son's early life. It is no fluke that whenever there is a long layoff between games he flies back to Texas to be with him mom and son.

2. He admires Tim Duncan more than any other player in the league. He has constantly talked about how he looked up to him growing up. He has called Tim Duncan his "Idol" and admires everything about him. He would love to play for Tim Duncan even if that means only for one year. He believes Tim can teach him how to play championship basketball.

3. Popovich is the best coach in the NBA today. Everyone knows this including players and opposing coaches. Lamarcus is also aware of this and would love to play for him. The one thing that he likes about popovich is the way he helps the longevity of his player's careers. He thinks at the age of 29 if he joined the spurs, there should be no reason why he can't play 6-7 more years at a high level.

4. History of developing and finding players. He thinks that RC is the best executive in the league and his track record proves just that. Parker, Ginobli, Kawhi were by no means the talk of the draft. But each player is or already on a HOF track. Also he noticed that whenever the starters are not playing the spurs always compete.

5. Lastly and this is the biggest thing when talking about salary implications. Lamarcus might not sign a max contract extension. There are many articles about how the spurs will not have the room. Maybe they don't need the room. Lamarcus is aware of the no state income tax also he wants the best chance at winning a championship. Many agents believe he might sign a two years deal with the spurs at below max dollars. He will take a pay cut in the first year and ask for a player option. If he signs he will exercise the player option and then get the max contract extension once the new television dollars kick in. This way he does the organization and solid and gets rewarded afterwards. Also an agent from Los Angeles dropped some interesting information recently. He said that if in some bizarre instance Danny Green does not return to the spurs. Don't be surprised if wesley matthews follows aldridge to san antonio. Wesley knows that if aldridge leaves portland the team will not be a contender. He also is all about winning and could get the money the team would have given to danny green.

Im posting this here because many of the Portland Trailblazers reddit users cannot handle the truth. I have posted information there before and have been reported. Im posting here because people at my firm are hearing that LAMARCUS TO SAN ANTONIO IS MORE IN PLAY THAN ANYONE THINKS, INCLUDING THE NATIONAL MEDIA WRITERS. Sorry about the length of this post, i have been taking notes on rumblings since before the playoffs started. Do with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never been impressed with guy. Can shoot, but won't do much else, like RB, defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has read Spurstalk I swear

In his next post he'll explain how Tim Duncan will sign for the vet min.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 05-14-2015 at 06:47 AM.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd think someone who works for a public relations firm would know how to proofread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSpence, or it won't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds legit guys

It'd be pretty sweet if it happened though.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd think someone who works for a public relations firm would know how to proofread.
    proxcimity

Reminds me of the person I saw that thought nauseous was spelled "nautious." Took me several minutes to figure out which word he had misspelled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus taking a pay cut to sign with the Spurs is about as likely as SA getting an NFL football team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have Aldridge on the Spurs wearing #23 in my NBA 2K15 Association mode fwiw, tbh. /blue

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About time...

When was the last time Spurs had signed a big time free agent?

Fin dog in 2005-2006?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About time...

When was the last time Spurs had signed a big time free agent?

Fin dog in 2005-2006?
    Maybe BoBo at the 2012 Waive Deadline?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stopped reading at Reddit

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe BoBo at the 2012 Waive Deadline?
    They operate above the cap, they can't sign a big name FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stopped reading at Reddit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSpence, or it won't happen.
    , that would mean it will not happen for sure if that dude claims it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This saga reminds me Jason Kidd back in the day. Dude will tease other teams, but go back to his old lady.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid troll job imo. 9.6 out of 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake as , it's even the dude's first post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid troll job imo. 9.6 out of 10.
    That dude ain't even trolling IMO..just an overactive imagination, loves fan fiction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless that guy's name is Lamar Cusald Ridge, I'm not even sure it's worth the time spent reading that.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus taking a pay cut to sign with the Spurs is about as likely as SA getting an NFL football team.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The smart financial move seems to be taking a shorter contract and then re-upping when the cap goes up. If he's going to do that, does Portland have any financial advantage over San Antonio.

Thread Information