Veteran
    Post Count
    to be a boca fan right now. just shameful.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I was watching... was a good first half...

What I don't get is why it took 70 mins to suspend the match? That's almost as banana republic as throwing pepper gas to the players...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I have Boca fans acquaintances defending the act and calling River players chickens for not wanting to play.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    In a serious country they'll be already arrested and charged with a terrerist attack..

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Too much HGH tbh

Veteran
    Post Count
    I was watching... was a good first half...

What I don't get is why it took 70 mins to suspend the match? That's almost as banana republic as throwing pepper gas to the players...
    the whole situation was absurd- no medical attention, the river players not removing their contaminated clothing for over an hour, boca coach/players intending to carry on when it was clear that couldnt happen.

I have Boca fans acquaintances defending the act and calling River players chickens for not wanting to play.
    as i said to Nono it was stupid for the boca players/ coaches to try and play on, i understand they were upset because they were cheated of their right to play by stupid fans but it was just as stupid to try and continue.

that said, the river players were pretty y about everything. its not their responsibility, but for ex. Ponzio couldn't see anything, but as soon as the ghost drone came out he saw it and reacted to it just fine, just like he could barely talk and then when the match was finally suspended he was talking just fine. Im not saying the river players should have played, its not their responsibility, but they definitely milked the situation. Anyone who has been in a protest has been pepper sprayed / tear gassed before and while its certainly not pleasant, has no place in football etc etc, its not as bad as some of the river players acted yesterday.

In a serious country they'll be already arrested and charged with a terrerist attack..
    agreed in a serious country there is no way the guys who did that get away from 1200 cops, hundreds of cameras and tens of thousands of fans, which they did. but terrorist attack? you've been living in the US too long Nono. It was a cowardly, incredibly stupid assault that hurt Boca infinitely more than it did the river players (not only forfeiting the series against our archrivals but likely handing very big sanctions that will come with equally big economic reprecussions), not attempted murder or terrorism.

you guys have every right to be indignant about what happened last night, but before you start throwing stones remember the death threats you gave pezzotta during halftime in 2011- that was ultimately the same cir stance as last night, the extremist in the barras trying to use violence to alter the outcome of the game, though I readily concede your barras were much smarter about it than ours were.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    agreed in a serious country there is no way the guys who did that get away from 1200 cops, hundreds of cameras and tens of thousands of fans, which they did. but terrorist attack? you've been living in the US too long Nono. It was a cowardly, incredibly stupid assault that hurt Boca infinitely more than it did the river players (not only forfeiting the series against our archrivals but likely handing very big sanctions that will come with equally big economic reprecussions), not attempted murder or terrorism.

you guys have every right to be indignant about what happened last night, but before you start throwing stones remember the death threats you gave pezzotta during halftime in 2011- that was ultimately the same cir stance as last night, the extremist in the barras trying to use violence to alter the outcome of the game, though I readily concede your barras were much smarter about it than ours were.
    The terrerist thing was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but seriously, if you want to actually change this disaster you gotta go tough and you have to have zero tolerance. What was unbelievable to me was the at ude of Orion and el Vasco, it wasn't their fault and you can understand their frustration, but that's a bunch of their co-workers that were attacked, it was time to show some solidarity not be a bag and on top of that, end up applauding the criminals. But that's why that country is upside down. Now you're going to see people pointing fingers at everybody else and nobody is going to want to assume responsibility for it.

tbh, it's crazy that something like that happened and they can just get away with it. I mean, it would be just as shocking if it was Boca players that were sprayed. Whoever did that is not a Boca fan and not a fan of the club.

BTW, Ponzio had his back burned, and if you look up what happens with pepper gas, you can read that the effect can take even years to wear out, since it affects the entire nervous system. What's even worse is that at that time, you don't even know what the they threw at them. I don't even understand how they didn't ship them to a hospital right away.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    that said, the river players were pretty y about everything. its not their responsibility, but for ex. Ponzio couldn't see anything, but as soon as the ghost drone came out he saw it and reacted to it just fine, just like he could barely talk and then when the match was finally suspended he was talking just fine. Im not saying the river players should have played, its not their responsibility, but they definitely milked the situation. Anyone who has been in a protest has been pepper sprayed / tear gassed before and while its certainly not pleasant, has no place in football etc etc, its not as bad as some of the river players acted yesterday.

Veteran
    Post Count
    yeah im not going to argue it because either way what happened was wrong and the match had to stop, but being closely familiar with pepper spray (which certainly looks like what they got hit by) it looks to me like they exaggerated, I dont think those photos you posted are objectively anywhere near as terrible as you think they are, to each his own.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Lol boca sucks

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    yeah im not going to argue it because either way what happened was wrong and the match had to stop, but being closely familiar with pepper spray (which certainly looks like what they got hit by) it looks to me like they exaggerated, I dont think those photos you posted are objectively anywhere near as terrible as you think they are, to each his own.
    You are a re thats why pepper spray doesnt make any effect on you or maybe you have some little itching and thats it.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Let's say they exagerated it. The match shouldn't have continued anyway so I don't get your point.

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    Looks like a Mel Gibson movie, tbh

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

More shame.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    There were always talk about Amarilla being the 12th man for Boca in many Libertadores but nobody could prove 'till now.

Veteran
    Post Count
    weak accusation. Gnecco clearly says on the call that they didnt want Amarilla in argentina, that is as close to referencing boca as they come and its to say they DID NOT want him. it is a shame for grondona, AFA, conmebol and FIFA, but it has little to do with boca (unless there is evidence boca paid for the favor), and its not like boca won the cup that year anyway. you didnt mention any of the other teams implicated in these recordings so far, just like you played down when river's security gave barras access to the refs locker room so they could threaten him at gunpoint- seems its only shameful for you when boca is involved.

the years boca DID win, as you river fans like to remind us so much, we went to penalties quite a bit- how do you fix a penalty shootout?

oh nevermind, it CAN be done. better start examining every argentina team's domestic and international les in the past 40+ years.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Are you going to ignore all the rumours over the years about Amarilla and Boca? After years of hearing those rumours now something like this hits the light and of course it's going to make noise.

Thread Information