Post Count

Height: 6-2
    Weight: 178 lbs
    Date of Birth: 06/27/1992
    University: Oregon

DX Profile

Slotted as Spurs pick at #55 by Draft Express

Chad Ford discussing Devin Booker:
    "I think he's gotten caught up in Calipari's reality-distortion field," one GM said. "No one saw him in high school or in the early scrimmages for Kentucky and said 'lottery pick.' No one. He's a smart kid and I like him, but he has one NBA skill and so do several other guys ranked a lot lower. He's hit a bunch of shots this year and there's always value there. But what makes him that much better than Tyler Harvey or Joseph Young? You think if those guys were at Kentucky they'd hit shots too?"
    Andrew Murawa: Pac-12 One-on-One: Chasson Randle vs. Joseph Young

#9 Draft Express Senior

PAC 12 Player of the Year
    Last edited by Drom John; 05-19-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid reminds me a lot of Damien Lillard. Very similar college careers. Size is very similar. Athleticism is similar. I would say Young is a better shooter coming out though. I'd like to find a way to get an early second rounder and draft him. Maybe trade philly for one of their 3 early ones for cash considerations?

Damien Lillard
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Lillard-6152/

Joseph Young
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joseph-Young-41330/

highlights
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vczml8XjQ7k

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford had this to say in his latest Mock Draft about Young...

And the fact that he hasn't worked out since the combine is su ious. Multiple sources believe that a team in the late first round made him a promise in exchange for not working out for other teams.
    He has Young going to the Lakers at #27 but says he doesn't know if LA is the team. Based on who the Spurs have worked out, a score-first combo guard seems to be one of the two areas of focus for them in this draft. Could Joe Young be their guy at #26? I could see it.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No undersized guards please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing that doesn't scream "Spurs" about this is his wingspan. It's only 6'5". They seem to favor the freakish spans. Hill was of comparable height, and had a 6'9" span. Kawhi was 6'7" with a 7'3" span.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing that doesn't scream "Spurs" about this is his wingspan. It's only 6'5". They seem to favor the freakish spans. Hill was of comparable height, and had a 6'9" span. Kawhi was 6'7" with a 7'3" span.
    The wingspan usually is a makeup for lack of explosive drive on the offense and defense unless you get a good combination like Giannis and Leonard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The wingspan usually is a makeup for lack of explosive drive on the offense and defense unless you get a good combination like Giannis and Leonard
    The wingspan is what the Spurs usually look for, whatever reason you attach to it. Young isn't a T-Rex, by any means, but his 4" difference wouldn't move SA's needle.

Thread Information