Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this possible?
    It's definitely possible if you make some assumptions. If you assume Tim comes back & Manu retires & Tim takes a smaller salary. Then Spurs trade Boris & Mills that would open up the cap space to sign LMA. Then you re-sign Green.

Obviously it all starts with Tim & Manus decisions & how realistic you think it is they take less money. Also how easy will it be to trade Boris/Mills? Just all speculation at the moment but you can see several scenarios where the possibilities are there.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Spurs will feel out Memphis center Marc Gasol, too, but the prevailing belief now is that Aldridge is more likely to change teams."

1. Whose prevailing belief?
    2. No indication of interest fromSpursven from an unknown source.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I'd enjoy this off season:

Trade Mills for Chicago #22 - Take Justin Anderson
    Draft Delon Wright with #26 (or another big man)
    Give Splitter away
    Sign Joseph for $3m
    Bring back Timmy for $6m
    Sign Aldridge for the max ($18m)
    Sign Kawhi for the max
    Sign Green for $10m
    Sign Manu for the Room Exception ($2.5m)

Parker/Joseph/Wright
    Green/J.Anderson/Manu
    Kawhi/K.Anderson
    Aldridge/Diaw
    Duncan

Find a backup center for the minimum, Baynes back perhaps? Alternatively if Manu retires we can keep Mills, give Joseph the Room Exception and draft a big at #26. Bet none of that happens.
    I like this. Except I say let Anderson start. Don't resign green, instead bring Shved in at a lower cost to come off the bench. Let Manu retire. Bring in one of the overseas guys like hanga or the 6'8" kid to be the third SG and spend some time in Austin. I'd also like to see Dorrell wright signed to back up Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I'd enjoy this off season:

Trade Mills for Chicago #22 - Take Justin Anderson
    Draft Delon Wright with #26 (or another big man)
    Give Splitter away
    Sign Joseph for $3m
    Bring back Timmy for $6m
    Sign Aldridge for the max ($18m)
    Sign Kawhi for the max
    Sign Green for $10m
    Sign Manu for the Room Exception ($2.5m)

Parker/Joseph/Wright
    Green/J.Anderson/Manu
    Kawhi/K.Anderson
    Aldridge/Diaw
    Duncan

Find a backup center for the minimum, Baynes back perhaps? Alternatively if Manu retires we can keep Mills, give Joseph the Room Exception and draft a big at #26. Bet none of that happens.
    My 2 cents real quick:

1. I'd prefer Mills over Cojo at 3 mil per year, assuming Manu doesn't retire. Obviously they bring different things to the table, and given the Bulls recent history with backup PGs I understand the trade proposal. I just think Mills intangibles off the court give him more value than some fans realize, and I think the Mills/Manu pairing works better than Manu/Cojo.

2. I really can't see Tim taking more of a discount than the 10 mil he is getting paid now. I also don't think the FO asks him to do so. He is arguably still a Top 5 player at his position, and is still consistently the 1-2 best player on the team. From Duncan's perspective, he is already taking a discount per his production relative to other players in the league, missing time with his kids, ect. That's not to say that Duncan wouldn't consider taking a discount if it allowed the Spurs to bring in or retain a player/person he really liked, but I have a hard to seeing him giving up money when half the team is being replaced and there is some uncertainty to how everything will come together.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. It's insulting to ask Duncan to take a paycut when that French pig is making 14 million and playing like a bottom 5 PG in the NBA. Not to mention the audacity Tony has to be playing for France this summer when he's been ing about his injuries all year. If he really was hurting in the post-season, shouldn't he be resting this summer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. It's insulting to ask Duncan to take a paycut when that French pig is making 14 million and playing like a bottom 5 PG in the NBA. Not to mention the audacity Tony has to be playing for France this summer when he's been ing about his injuries all year. If he really was hurting in the post-season, shouldn't he be resting this summer?
    should you not be working

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he actually playing for France this Summer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills would be traded fairly easily IMHO. Boris, OTOH, won't be. He had a lot of motivation issues before we signed him mid 2012. He was still a few pounds overweight this season, not bad by any means, and maybe that's where the coaches do want him so I don't know. The real problem is Splitter constantly hurting his vagina and possibly losing Green for nothing if we don't sign LMA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he actually playing for France this Summer?
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...robasket-2015/

Tony Parker joins Boris Diaw and former Spur Nando De Colo among 24 players named to France’s preliminary roster for EuroBasket 2015. France is the defending champion, with Parker having earned MVP honors in leading Les Bleus to their first major le at the 2013 compe ion. He, Diaw and fellow NBA standouts Nicolas Batum and Rudy Gobert have all pledged their intent to participate with France among four host nations.

De able behavior from Tony. Spurs gift him an undeserved $45 mil contract and he repays them back by playing off-season basketball for France. Most selfish player in Spur history. Mentally weak Tony needs to raise his confidence playing against Euro scrubs after another piss poor playoffs. This is becoming a tiresome trend with Porker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you should be happy he will be in shape and so will diaw
    you complain he is getting fat
    he can not win with you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While he didn’t directly address Parker’s participation with team France, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said on Monday that he expects him to bounce back.

“Tony didn’t have the year he wanted to have,” Popovich said. “He’s had a lot of good ones. I can tell you he’s already thinking about what he wants to do with his body for next season. So I’m thrilled about his outlook already after a tough loss.”

Parker has said he intends to retire from international compe ion following the 2016 Olympics. France’s captain since 2003, he has earned 63 official caps with Les Bleus dating back to 2001.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has said he intends to retire from international compe ion following the 2016 Olympics. France’s captain since 2003, he has earned 63 official caps with Les Bleus dating back to 2001.
    The got plans to play next summer too? Holy . Dude has no shame. Stealing $14 mil a year while prioritizing international basketball with France. By far, the most selfish player in Spur history. this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The got plans to play next summer too? Holy . Dude has no shame. Stealing $14 mil a year while prioritizing international basketball with France. By far, the most selfish player in Spur history. this guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you should be happy he will be in shape and so will diaw
    you complain he is getting fat
    he can not win with you
    Apparently, the only way Tony can stay in shape is if he's FORCED to play basketball. Thank you for confirming that his work ethic is just as bad as Shaq. He'll probably choose to heal up on company time too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My 2 cents real quick:

1. I'd prefer Mills over Cojo at 3 mil per year, assuming Manu doesn't retire. Obviously they bring different things to the table, and given the Bulls recent history with backup PGs I understand the trade proposal. I just think Mills intangibles off the court give him more value than some fans realize, and I think the Mills/Manu pairing works better than Manu/Cojo.
    I agree with what you're saying here, but I'm thinking a bit bigger picture. Even if Manu comes back, he'll only be back for one more year and then we'll need someone who can run the show off the bench. I prefer CoJo to Mills in that regard.

Also, it's not a straight choice. Would I prefer Mills or CoJo + a mid-late first rounder? Phrased that way, I think it's an easier choice. I love Mills for what he does both on and off the court but he has value on a cheap contract and could net us something in return on draft day, whereas if we lose Joseph is will certainly be for nothing. If we can't get a first rounder for Mills then it's a different story.

2. I really can't see Tim taking more of a discount than the 10 mil he is getting paid now. I also don't think the FO asks him to do so. He is arguably still a Top 5 player at his position, and is still consistently the 1-2 best player on the team. From Duncan's perspective, he is already taking a discount per his production relative to other players in the league, missing time with his kids, ect. That's not to say that Duncan wouldn't consider taking a discount if it allowed the Spurs to bring in or retain a player/person he really liked, but I have a hard to seeing him giving up money when half the team is being replaced and there is some uncertainty to how everything will come together.
    I honestly have to question how much he cares about money anymore if it means a shot at another ring. Dude has made over $230m in salary alone, plus more in endorsements, is he really going to care about a couple of million here or there if it's the difference between bringing in a premier free agent?

I think Pop and RC should sit down and tell him to write to numbers on a piece of paper. The first is what he wants if we can get an all star, and the second if we strike out. Lets say that means if we can get Aldridge he would settle for $5-6m, if not we'll bring back the whole group and give him $15m.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny has saved the Spurs in the playoffs before. Tried to in GM7 of LAC to with one of the best playoff performances from a role player for SA.
    He played like dog overall. Possibly the reason spurs were in a game 7. Mills and Duncan both outplayed green. He's a , and has no toughness. Had he a bruce bowen mentality he would easily be a great player. Too limited offensively with no edge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yowsa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideal off-season:

1) Agree to trade Diaw, Williams and Mills to Atlanta for 15.

2) Draft Portis at 15 and Wright or Harrison at 26 (and use 55 on the best player who's willing to play in Europe for a year)

3) Complete the Atlanta trade after the moratorium, but offer the Blazers a first and perhaps a little more to make it a three-way trade for Aldridge (who takes a deal starting at $17 Million but with not-likely-to-be-earned incentives that take it to the max).

4) Re-sign Duncan, Green, Leonard and one of Manu/Beli to however much they want (provided Beli can retained with the MLE)

5) Use the MLE to bring if the best four you can (Bass)

6) Re-sign Joseph and maybe Baynes if you can't get anything for him in a sign-and-trade

7) Bring over LJC and perhaps DeShaun Thomas

Roster:

PG - Parker, Joseph, Wright/Harrison
    SG - Green, Ginobili/Beli, Anderson
    SF - Leonard, LJC, Thomas
    PF - Aldridge, Bass, Portis
    C - Duncan, Splitter, Baynes

Estimated Tax: 81.6

Problem is, that roster puts the Spurs over the apron, which they can't do if they want to S&T for Aldridge. I guess that Duncan, Green and or Leonard might be persuaded to take a bit less to make room for all those additions, or the Spurs could let go of Cory and not use their MLE to stay under the apron and tax. That's risky, though, unless some bandwagon min guys want to join up. Would be a of a lineup, though.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3) Complete the Atlanta trade after the moratorium, but offer the Blazers a first and perhaps a little more to make it a three-way trade for Aldridge (who takes a deal starting at $17 Million but with not-likely-to-be-earned incentives that take it to the max).
    Two things about this step:
    a) What's the purpose of cheaping out on Aldridge? I mean why not offer the full max without incentives? Some players would be insulted by being offered less than the max. In fact, if Aldridge goes the S&T route, he might insist on the 5-year $107M deal. Both start at $18.6M.
    b) What would Portland get back in this deal? I doubt the Hawks will give up more than #15 for Diaw and Mills. Maybe that pick and perhaps the Spurs' #26 would get routed to Portland?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are you using the MLE when it appears you are S&T Aldridge w cap space (Boris/Mills = 10M)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...robasket-2015/

Tony Parker joins Boris Diaw and former Spur Nando De Colo among 24 players named to France’s preliminary roster for EuroBasket 2015. France is the defending champion, with Parker having earned MVP honors in leading Les Bleus to their first major le at the 2013 compe ion. He, Diaw and fellow NBA standouts Nicolas Batum and Rudy Gobert have all pledged their intent to participate with France among four host nations.

De able behavior from Tony. Spurs gift him an undeserved $45 mil contract and he repays them back by playing off-season basketball for France. Most selfish player in Spur history. Mentally weak Tony needs to raise his confidence playing against Euro scrubs after another piss poor playoffs. This is becoming a tiresome trend with Porker.
    France will host FIBA EuroBasket 2015.

I can't think of anything more unselfish than sacrificing your body after a long year of arduous basketball to play for free in front of your hometown fans for nothing but the glory of your own country.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I can't think of anything more unselfish than sacrificing your body after a long year of arduous basketball to play for free in front of your hometown fans for nothing but the glory of your own country.
    New York is looking to trade their draft pick. If I were the coach I would send Parker packing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point is that you need to find those guys before they prove themselves. Butler was the #30 pick, Middleton #46, Green #46, Korver #51, Matthews went undrafted, these guys are out there to be had. Obviously it's not easy and I don't want to lose Green as he fulfills an important role for a contender, a team like Memphis would kill for him, but he's not a piece like Leonard who we absolutely have to keep for the future and I feel that's how he is often portrayed.
    How did the Spurs miss out on Matthews? When he was in Utah, I thought that I read he was from San Antonio. I got mad when I read that as he was exactly the type of player we needed back then.

I'm pretty interested in Matthews. What do you guys think he's worth with his current injury, and do you think he can recover? I also recall hearing that he's good friends with Lamarcus Aldridge? Any chance the Spurs can somehow bring him in if they get Aldridge? Would teams be reluctant to sign him to a big contract? Do you think he's going to have to prove himself again after he's recovered from the injury before anyone offers him what he was worth before the injury?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs aren't paying this got $14 mil/year to play for France. SA gave him that overly generous contract he didn't deserve. Now he has to reciprocate and off with these peewee tournaments and actually work on improving himself and his game this summer after that garbage season he just gave the fans. If he ends up playing for France after ing all year about being tired and injured, then he deserves no sympathy from anyone. this French sucker. It's obvious where his loyalties lie and it sure as isn't with Duncan and the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't paying this got $14 mil/year to play for France. SA gave him that overly generous contract he didn't deserve. Now he has to reciprocate and off with these peewee tournaments and actually work on improving himself and his game this summer after that garbage season he just gave the fans. If he ends up playing for France after ing all year about being tired and injured, then he deserves no sympathy from anyone. this French sucker. It's obvious where his loyalties lie and it sure as isn't with Duncan and the Spurs.
    Ginobili played for his NT while on a max extension. Does that make him equally the "most selfish player in franchise history"? Who is saying he deserves sympathy? The Spurs are clearly ok with their star players playing for their home country, so why can't you be? Unlije them, you literally have no skin in the game.

Thread Information