Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Derrick Williams...in a draft with Kawhi Leonard and Klay Thompson picked behind him. Yeesh.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You fail at recognition of a #1 ...
    go back and LOL at Game 6 for team selfie the losingest franchise in all of Socal ... en Sparks have rang ...twice. Clips can't even make Finals
    I recognize Shaq and MVPau just fine, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oladipo stat padding...meh. Oladipo is the best out of that draft thus far. Remember, he was picked after Anthony Bennett. Luckily the Cavs didn't have LeBron as their GM that year.

Evan Turner is an idiot. He could have been a much better player than he currently is. Thabeet and Beasley almost have the same exact mental problems. Still stuck in a hood mindset.
    Beasley had redeeming qualities, but yeah his hood personality got in the way for the most part of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just #2 picks, either. The draft, in general, is a crapshoot. Relying on the draft to get better is never a good approach (unless supplemented with smart free agent signings).

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    It's not just #2 picks, either. The draft, in general, is a crapshoot. Relying on the draft to get better is never a good approach (unless supplemented with smart free agent signings).
    The Spurs hasn't had to test free agency for a decade in a half. You probably forgot how difficult it is for small market team to attract major free agents, build through draft and have untrade-able cancerous assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs hasn't had to test free agency for a decade in a half. You probably forgot how difficult it is for small market team to attract major free agents, build through draft and have untrade-able cancerous assets.
    They still made good free agent moves to supplement their star players. Their draft success was extremely lucky. I wouldn't advise other teams to try to build the way the Spurs did.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They still made good free agent moves to supplement their star players. Their draft success was extremely lucky. I wouldn't advise other teams to try to build the way the Spurs did.
    Conspiring with players to quit on their team so they can come play for the Spurs is a piss pot way to do business.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You fail at recognition of a #1 ...
    go back and LOL at Game 6 for team selfie the losingest franchise in all of Socal ... en Sparks have rang ...twice. Clips can't even make Finals
    Brrrr - that's cold!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conspiring with players to quit on their team so they can come play for the Spurs is a piss pot way to do business.
    Conspiring? I'm pretty sure the conversation went like this: "Hey. Want to win? Come play for the Spurs."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with looking at players using that method is that these guys historically go to ty teams and as such don't get good career development. They sink or swim. Take a decent 2nd rounder and put him on a top 4 team in the league and his odds of being an all star caliber player increase exponentially.

This is the problem with the NBA Draft Lottery system; it rewards ty teams with ty players, and in the process s over the best chance it has to develop a better league through development of rare talents as they are wasting away on ty franchises disinterested in winning championships.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Conspiring? I'm pretty sure the conversation went like this: "Hey. Want to win? Come play for the Spurs."
    "Sacre bleu. How?"

---

"Sabotage yourself, they'll fire you, you'll come here, Qui?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come now, Chang. You know you wanted to find some way to piss in my cereal.
    Not particularly yours, just an objective way to damper the unfounded enthusiasm of Laker fans. Similar to how I would comment on how Kawhi is not an all-world superstar in the making.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not particularly yours, just an objective way to damper the unfounded enthusiasm of Laker fans. Similar to how I would comment on how Kawhi is not an all-world superstar in the making.
    Why don't you damper the guys getting giddy over Aldridge?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't you damper the guys getting giddy over Aldridge?
    I did, a few times. I rarely post upstairs anymore. For all the stupidity that goes on around here, the idiocy upstairs is that much more astounding.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Brrrr - that's cold!
    Rolando trying so hard to avoid starting another "LOL NBA - Lakers are back in the hunt" thread

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rolando trying so hard to avoid starting another "LOL NBA - Lakers are back in the hunt" thread
    Npe - I told midnightpulp the
    was real. Results? Top 1.5 pick (who wants to play in Minny? ) LkrFan curse = deadPERIOD.

Thread Information