Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's an exception not the rule. For every TD there's hundreds of players that just keep on deteriorating.
    He was right under our noses and ST blew it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I guess any time a Spurs player shows signs of a major decline we can just assume he'll be fine bc the great GOATcan overcame it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I guess any time a Spurs player shows signs of a major decline we can just assume he'll be fine bc the great GOATcan overcame it.
    You can assume ST collectively doesn't know what they are talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's going to shock a lot of the loud mouths around here next season; he'll be healthy, rested, and playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder.
    That's the spirit....hope he gets some rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can assume ST collectively doesn't know what they are talking about.
    Oh ok, they were wrong about Tim GOATcan so that must mean they'll be wrong about Rique too!! BTW seems to me like ST knew what it was talking about when it was calling for Rique's head all season long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh ok, they were wrong about Tim GOATcan so that must mean they'll be wrong about Rique too!! BTW seems to me like ST knew what it was talking about when it was calling for Rique's head all season long.
    Not really. ST is really awful. Posters talk out of their asses about everything according to their personal agendas and biases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's still a lot of good posters that contribute insightful stuff. There is also a lot of people who add nothing of value. But yes, ST isn't perfect and makes wrong predictions sometimes. That's why none of us work at ESPN and get paid because they get it all corre..omg I can't keep that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's still a lot of good posters that contribute insightful stuff. There is also a lot of people who add nothing of value. But yes, ST isn't perfect and makes wrong predictions sometimes. That's why none of us work at ESPN and get paid because they get it all corre..omg I can't keep that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's still a lot of good posters that contribute insightful stuff.
    Mostly self-important wannabes tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key word "mostly". By default that means there are some good ones. Optimism: pass it along.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly self-important wannabes tbh.
    Speaking of self.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of self.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of self.
    make it 3, Chump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of self.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST wrote off Duncan how many years ago?

lol
    A significant difference between Duncan and Parker and their ability to regain elite status after a couple of declining years (and Duncan DID look washed up from about 2010-2012) is that Duncan was able to say 'the ball club belongs to Tony and' MEAN IT. In the 2012-2013 season, he really took some steps back from leading the team and Tony took over the team leadership, not only in scoring and driving the offense, but in on-court directing as well. Duncan stepped back and Tony stepped up. But Tony was ready to do it.

This past year, Tony SAID that the team was Kawhi's team, but when Kawhi couldn't/didn't take over, Parker couldn't take over either.

Parker has to change his role AND his minutes - some of that is determined by coaches. AND Kawhi has to be able and willing to take over the direction and scoring for the team on an every-night basis. This year he could occasionally do it but he couldn't/wouldn't do it consistently. Pop mentioned it at the end-of-the-season presser when asked what Kawhi has to do to improve and his response was "More consistency - he has to bring it offensively and defensively every night".

Parker has to buy into becoming less of a dominant player, but Kawhi has to buy into consistently being the dominant player. Not clear right now if either one of them can pull off the new and required role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is such a hypocrite sometimes.

Consistently dominating is always going to be partly about roles. If he gives Kawhi the freedom to do whatever he wants to, he's going to be consistent...but the reality is that, two misses and OK kawhi time to stand in the corner.

Thread Information