Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA MVP: Kawhi Leonard

It's going to come down to either him or LeBron IMO. If the Spurs finish in the top 3 of NBA standings and Kawhi matches his production on both ends of the court I think he has a chance. Yes LeBron is an easy choice but I think the narrative of Duncan being gone will hold water if Spurs can get close to 60 wins.

Defensive Player: Draymond Green

He will finally win the award and by default. A lot is going to be asked of him more than ever defensively..and even though he won't put up great numbers as long as Warriors clinch #1 seed throughout NBA he will get credit for doing more then he really did.

6th Man: Stanley Johnson

I really like Detroit this year and I think this kid is going to make noise and if he doesn't win 6th man he will win most improved. He has stated he's worked really hard on his shot and if that's true watch out!! I think Detriot can compete for #4 seed in East.

Most Improved: Giannis Antetokounmpo

The numbers he put up at the PG position were fantastic at the end of the year. If he continues that throughout the entire year and the Bucks bounce back I think he gets the recognition for the award.

Coach of the Year: Tom Thibbs

If Wolves make postseason this is a lock. The team is obviously talented but could use Thibbs defensive and demanding approach..this team can over achieve or fail IMO. He's welcomed back to the NBA a with this award.

ECF Match Up: Knicks-Cavs

Obviously the Cavs are favored to get back to the finals but the #2 team in the East is a toss up IMO. I think Pzorginis continues to grow and Derrick Rose slowly gets back into form but not MVP form. They have solid depth and Melo is still a top scorer in this league. Health will obviously be key in their success (Noah,Melo, Rose) have been suspect to injuries lately lol.

WCF Match Up: Spurs-Warriors

It'd be a real disappointment if these two don't match up I the WCF. The Clippers are the obvious compe ion in replacing the Spurs here but..I think the pressure and lack of coaching from Doc Rivers fails them. LMA-Gasol will become very deadly come all star break and Spurs have by far the best front court in ledge in Kawhi-LMA-Gasol. Warriors only have to fear injuries lol

Finals Match Up: Cavs-Warriors

The trilogy will take place and I don't think it'll be compe ive. I just don't think anybody in the league will match up with the Warriors. They will be on a mission this year and I think they will break the Spurs record of most lopsided Finals victory. This team will be talked about as one if the best ever. And the the real dynasty talk will begin with a 4 game sweep of the Cavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You up for a game grades thread, Coach?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You up for a game grades thread, Coach?
    I'll do one tonight if that's what you're asking

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll do one tonight if that's what you're asking
    You can back up Apa if you want. I mean the 11/29 game against Orlando though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't step on any toes. You can put me down for 11/29 tho..my work schedule can pre unpredictable and it's hard for me to commit in advance. I wouldn't want to BS y'all with a game I didn't and breakdown. I'll message you if I can't watch the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't step on any toes. You can put me down for 11/29 tho..my work schedule can pre unpredictable and it's hard for me to commit in advance. I wouldn't want to BS y'all with a game I didn't and breakdown. I'll message you if I can't watch the game
    My hope is to have it stickied so we can all just reply if we can't do it. Then we can take volunteers. So if like Apa can't do it today, he could say so so you'd know you could.

Thanks, though. Penciling you in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hope is to have it stickied so we can all just reply if we can't do it. Then we can take volunteers. So if like Apa can't do it today, he could say so so you'd know you could.

Thanks, though. Penciling you in.
    I can back him up tonight if he can't that's cool. I'll be tuned in taking notes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6th Man: Stanley Johnson

I really like Detroit this year and I think this kid is going to make noise and if he doesn't win 6th man he will win most improved. He has stated he's worked really hard on his shot and if that's true watch out!! I think Detriot can compete for #4 seed in East.
    Since perimeter volume scoring still foolishly wins the day when it comes to this award, his chances are probably between slim and none. That being said, considering their poor wing depth and lack of offensive punch off the bench in general, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up backing up both wing spots and being a candidate.

ECF Match Up: Knicks-Cavs

Obviously the Cavs are favored to get back to the finals but the #2 team in the East is a toss up IMO. I think Pzorginis continues to grow and Derrick Rose slowly gets back into form but not MVP form. They have solid depth and Melo is still a top scorer in this league. Health will obviously be key in their success (Noah,Melo, Rose) have been suspect to injuries lately lol.
    I know there's no second true elite in the East, but still: the Knicks are a disaster waiting to happen for all the obvious reasons and their depth is among the worst in the league. There's a very real possibility that they only have 9-10 legit NBA players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since perimeter volume scoring still foolishly wins the day when it comes to this award, his chances are probably between slim and none. That being said, considering their poor wing depth and lack of offensive punch off the bench in general, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up backing up both wing spots and being a candidate.

I know there's no second true elite in the East, but still: the Knicks are a disaster waiting to happen for all the obvious reasons and their depth is among the worst in the league. There's a very real possibility that they only have 9-10 legit NBA players.
    IMO it boils down to the growth of Pzorgings and if Rose can surprise people with his play with elite offensive weapons around him. I think their ceiling is higher than most teams in the East but I do agree about it being a real low floor and then bombing.
    Last edited by coachmac87; 10-25-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

While I agree with Skip as the Spurs probably won't win the le...I totally disagree with his reasoning

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO it boils down to the growth of Pzorgings and if Rose can surprise people with his play with elite offensive weapons around him. I think their ceiling is higher than most teams in the East but I do agree about it being a real low floor and then bombing.
    Anthony and especially Rose, who's in denial, will probably stunt Porzingis' growth and at this writing, Anthony is the only offensive weapon they have that can reasonably be described as elite and he's in decline.

I won't go so far as ECF, but as far as sleepers in the East, I'd go Hawks and Wizards. Both have went from overrated to underrated in the span of a year, just like the Rockets in the West.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Warriors will choke in the playoffs again, barring another ridiculous injury bug like in 2015.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Warriors will choke in the playoffs again, barring another ridiculous injury bug like in 2015.
    Quoted.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    While I agree with Skip as the Spurs probably won't win the le...I totally disagree with his reasoning
    You think Kiwi or LMA are "take over" stars? Without Duncan, we'll see tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Kiwi or LMA are "take over" stars? Without Duncan, we'll see tbh
    What's a take over star? That's s lame narrative and I don't buy that...that's just something somebody says when they don't have legit basketball reasoning..

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Deported.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's a take over star? That's s lame narrative and I don't buy that...that's just something somebody says when they don't have legit basketball reasoning..
    To Lakerfan, that's when a guy starts jacking up contested three pointers instead of passing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Lakerfan, that's when a guy starts jacking up contested three pointers instead of passing.
    Touché

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When the game is on the line...Kobe took over. MJ took over. Steph took over. Kyrie in last year's Finals took over.

Does Kiwi have that in his game?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sometimes to the tune of 5 rangs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Npe - Hitlery for America 2017

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    When the game is on the line...Kobe took over.
    Which is why the Lakers never won a championship with him as the first option.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes to the tune of 5 rangs.
    Don't remember him hitting those shots in games that mattered. He certainly didn't do it when he had teammates that won les for him.

Thread Information