Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think they probably would.
    Why? It's not like KL is an all star.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Kobe NEVER lost to the en Clippers in the playoffs!
    He's never beaten us either. Duncan has, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? It's not like KL is an all star.
    All-star That's something loser teams that miss the playoffs count. We count les and Finals MVP's.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's never beaten us either. Duncan has, though.
    sup Spur Nation?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    All-star That's something loser teams that miss the playoffs count. We count les and Finals MVP's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The past That's something teams in the lotter rely on. Kawhi has a le more recently than Kobe and more DPOY's than Kobe despite Kobe being in the league for how long?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The past That's something teams in the lotter rely on. Kawhi has a le more recently than Kobe and more DPOY's than Kobe despite Kobe being in the league for how long?
    at you .

I like where we are. We have 3 draft picks this year, including the #2 overall. We got a ton of cap space. Kobe's $25M comes off the books after this year. I like where we are. Trust me, I'm good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. So by your logic, if you don't win a le this year then LA is a pile of because it's when or die, right?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sure. So by your logic, if you don't win a le this year then LA is a pile of because it's when or die, right?
    Yes. Any season where you don't win it all is a lost season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So since you "like where you are" and you don't like losers, you by default think LA wins a le next year. Finally got a prediction out of you. Saving this thread for next year to see how good at basketball analysis you are.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So since you "like where you are" and you don't like losers, you by default think LA wins a le next year. Finally got a prediction out of you. Saving this thread for next year to see how good at basketball analysis you are.
    Where did I predict anything? You tripping DPG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did I predict anything? You tripping DPG.
    You just said if you dont win a le you are a loser. You said you don't root for losers, but champions. You root for the Lakers and even beyond that, you like where they are at. Unless you like losers (which you said you don't), you can't like anything other than a le team.

You made your prediction and the thread is now saved for bumping later to see how good you are at analyzing the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPG laying down the law

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LkrFan getting his pushed in ITT per par. What a got. You go DPG, run just as fast as you can.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You just said if you dont win a le you are a loser. You said you don't root for losers, but champions. You root for the Lakers and even beyond that, you like where they are at. Unless you like losers (which you said you don't), you can't like anything other than a le team.

You made your prediction and the thread is now saved for bumping later to see how good you are at analyzing the game.
    OK, you stupid. - I never said any of that . If I did say exactly what you claim I did, quote me on it - for the record. Dishonest bas .

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    run just as fast as you can.
    I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Would the Lakers trade the #2 pick for Kawhi?
    I'm willing to roll the dice and see how #2 pans out. Okafor has all the tools. If we can turn Bynum into a 20 and 10 player (when healthy) I'm excited to see how we develop Jah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at you .

I like where we are. We have 3 draft picks this year, including the #2 overall. We got a ton of cap space. Kobe's $25M comes off the books after this year. I like where we are. Trust me, I'm good.
    Sure. So by your logic, if you don't win a le this year then LA is a pile of because it's win or die, right?
    Yes. Any season where you don't win it all is a lost season.
    1) You clearly say "I like where we are. Trust me, I'm good"

2) You clearly say that you agree if don't win a le, your team is "a pile of "

3) So if you like where you are, you have to assume that you don't root for "piles of ". No one likes where there team is at if they are piles of " ". So if the only way to not be a pile of is to win a le, and you can't be happy with a team that is a pile of , you must therefore conclude you can only be happy with a team that will win the le.

Laker fan logic sucks, but hey, at least you are breaking down the game honestly, making your prediction and going on record. We will monitor.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1) You clearly say "I like where we are. Trust me, I'm good"

2) You clearly say that you agree if don't win a le, your team is "a pile of "

3) So if you like where you are, you have to assume that you don't root for "piles of ". No one likes where there team is at if they are piles of " ". So if the only way to not be a pile of is to win a le, and you can't be happy with a team that is a pile of , you must therefore conclude you can only be happy with a team that will win the le.

Laker fan logic sucks, but hey, at least you are breaking down the game honestly, making your prediction and going on record. We will monitor.
    Thanks for admitting you are full of . Never did I say anything you accused me of. SMH

Yes, any season that doesn't culminate in a le, is a lost season. One of my favorite two Laker seasons ended without as much as a WCF appearance (1994? -when we were "The Lake Show" led by Ced Ceballos -- and believe it or not in 2006 when Kobe was up 3-1 vs the loaded Suns). But in LA LA land, we don’t celebrate "almost" accomplishments - almost doesn't count. You won't see them celebratjng the many many Pacific Division les they've won - only world les.

So yes, I do like where we are. Good young talent (my sig, Randle, and Jordan Clarkson are all young and cheap: think salary cap). Still have only ~$36M on the books - so we can add pieces. Then next year Kobe's $25M comes off the books. Oh and we have 2 more draft picks this year on top of my hope that Okafor falls to us at #2.

Am I predicting a le this year? no, and for you to insenuate that I did is being disengenuous. That's beneath you son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to back pedal on that Laker logic. You flat out agreed (and I quoted for proof) that a team is, and I quote "a pile of " if you don't win a le.

Laker fan has now been reduced to being excited about a pile of team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Way to back pedal on that Laker logic. You flat out agreed (and I quoted for proof) that a team is, and I quote "a pile of " if you don't win a le.

Laker fan has now been reduced to being excited about a pile of team.
    Man you got problems. By your logic, I should have logged of ST the minute Dirk sent us fishing in '11. I enjoy watching the Lakers, win, lose, or draw.

Question: with young talent and cap space, do you still think FAs will spurn the Lakers this offseason?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see - it only matters when the Spurs lose in the first round. Amazing loop hole in Laker fan rules and logic.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I see - it only matters when the Spurs lose in the first round as champion with all of our players healthy. Amazing loop hole in Laker fan rules and logic.
    That's more like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The count stopped at 1 tbqh and is most likely staying at 1 for eternity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man you got problems. By your logic, I should have logged of ST the minute Dirk sent us fishing in '11. I enjoy watching the Lakers, win, lose, or draw.

Question: with young talent and cap space, do you still think FAs will spurn the Lakers this offseason?
    If you are asking if I think LA gets a top 5 free agent (which in the past would have been guaranteed if they had the same money as everyone else), then yes, I think they will be spurned.

Even with the most money (lost Dwight and Pau with that) because of Kobe, poor leadership and very little talent to build around (the 2nd pick may help some, but it's still pretty bare in the talent department) I think you don't see a top 5 FA come to LA which is unheard of before.

So no Aldridge, Gasol, Lebron, Jimmy Butler, or Kawhi. You may get a secondary guy like Rondo, Monroe or Lopez, but long gone are the days of LA getting the best of the best. Players used to align their contracts to match up with LA being able to offer them money, now they have no shot at landing a star in the top 5.

Thread Information