Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have they surpassed Malone and Barkley, tbh? Either of them? Both?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kg the most overrated of the 4 players mention

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Who are those two listed in the OP tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk is the 2nd greatest PF of all-time (after Duncan, if you consider him a PF). All the stats, metrics, and even the eye test seem to support that. Even Dirk's much maligned defense was only once a net negative in his playoff career.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dirk is the 2nd greatest PF of all-time (after Duncan, if you consider him a PF). All the stats, metrics, and even the eye test seem to support that. Even Dirk's much maligned defense was only once a net negative in his playoff career.

Dirk and Timmy are some of the softest and lamest players in NBA history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are better than the 2 tbh. Malone is probably the biggest playoff choker of all time and Barkley is an underachiever.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Yes. Both.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nowitzki is easily the best of the four listed, no amount of regular season stats will ever trump ringing as a #1 option, much less doing it without an allstar teammate against the Lakers, Thunder, and Heat in one run.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He was amazing in the Western Conference playoffs, but Terry did nut up and deserved the MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo it's a toss-up between Dirk, Malone and Barkley, but KG stands above those 4 due to his 2 way brilliance.

Now if the argument is which would you take if starting a team, I might say Dirk because of his dominant scoring and ability to step up in the playoffs (Malone's chokes are well-do ented). KG, for all of his 2 way brilliance, was never a dominant enough/willing scorer. He needed a guy like pierce the way Dirk needed a guy like chandler.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Imo it's a toss-up between Dirk, Malone and Barkley, but KG stands above those 4 due to his 2 way brilliance.
    idiot

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    crofl 2 way brilliance
    crofl Marion>Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now if the argument is which would you take if starting a team, I might say Dirk because of his dominant scoring and ability to step up in the playoffs (Malone's chokes are well-do ented). KG, for all of his 2 way brilliance, was never a dominant enough/willing scorer. He needed a guy like pierce the way Dirk needed a guy like chandler.
    I agree. Garnett in 04 was one of the best peaks of all time. He even gave Timmy difficulties when they were both at their peaks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk is much better than the other 3

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Yea tbh I'd rather have Dirk especially for the benefit of stretch 4s in today's game. Only dude in recent memory since Jordan that led a team to a ring as the main all star. KG had to team up with 2 others stars in their prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea tbh I'd rather have Dirk especially for the benefit of stretch 4s in today's game. Only dude in recent memory since Jordan that led a team to a ring as the main all star. KG had to team up with 2 others stars in their prime.
    what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was amazing in the Western Conference playoffs, but Terry did nut up and deserved the MVP.
    Terry was a goddamned beast from the arc, and that had the big brass balls to tattoo the LOB trophy on his ing arm the prior off season. That's some alpha .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think mainland China means "only All Star"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was speaking purely on overall basketball talent.

Don't try and pretend that prime KG wasn't an offensive force. He just wasn't as dominant on that end as Dirk.

Dirk's O > KG''s

KG's D >>> Dirk's

Again, I'd still take Dirk to start a franchise because of his unguardable nature. It's easier to find a C who can rebound/defend than one who can be an elite scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2003 Tim Duncan says hi.

Also, KG was that 08 team's best player and leader

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he means of the four.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG was just unlucky he got drafted by a ty franchise that the Timberwovles were. Imagine Duncan being drafted to Minnesota or Dirk staying in Milwaukee, neither of them would've won , at least not with the Wolves or Bucks imho. In terms of pure talent KG was indeed the best player in the league at one time, with his overall rating being set 99 in various video games. Too bad he didn't get a good team in his early career that could build a compe ive squad around him, and then had to live in the shadow of Pierce as a Celtic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG did just fine with Cassell and Spree. Would've probably reached the Finals in '04 with a healthy Cassell. He didn't need to form a Big Three to win, he just needed a better #2 than Wally Sczerbiak. ST is the only place (aside from Mavs sites) where the majority of people would take Dirk over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only being an average/below average defender is a pretty big deal when he's being compared to a guy who was arguably the best defensive PF of all-time. Especially when that guy is also giving you 22-23 ppg on the other end.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I was speaking purely on overall basketball talent.
    Still idiotic. If you are speaking purely on his game being more balanced, then I fully agree. He has a better all-around game than them. But by no means is a better basketball player or more talented.

Don't try and pretend that prime KG wasn't an offensive force. He just wasn't as dominant on that end as Dirk.
    Scoring points does not make you an offensive force. If you can be contained without double teams, and frequently fall apart in the clutch, you are not an offensive force. No one ever truly feared KG offensively. The years that his team made deep playoff runs, it was either Cassell, Spreewell, Pierce, or Allen handling the bulk of the scoring, because KG was more of a "junk" scorer, than a legit go-to option. Most of his offense came off transition, put-backs, and mid-range kick-out jumpers. KG rarely was known for attacking defenses successfully.

Dirk's O >>> KG''s

KG's D >> Dirk's
    fify

Again, I'd still take Dirk to start a franchise because of his unguardable nature. It's easier to find a C who can rebound/defend than one who can be an elite scorer.
    I agree. Dirk is also simply a better basketball player, which is also the reason you would start a franchise with him first too, not simply because of surrounding variables. Whether someone has more skill or has a more well rounded game, doesn't make you a better basketball player, while being a "one-trick pony" doesn't make you an inferior basketball player. Shaq was arguably a one trick pony, while Vlade Divac was both more well rounded and skilled. However, no one in their right mind would take Vlade over Shaq.

Thread Information