coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...-chicago-bulls

Excerpts

"Tom Thibodeau is one of the most successful and respected coaches in the NBA. He loves being in Chicago and coaching a Bulls team that has undergone a renaissance over his tenure over the last five years. So why is there such a widespread belief throughout the league that Thibodeau will be coaching elsewhere next season? Why is there very little hope within the Bulls organization that a reconciliation between Thibodeau, Bulls GM Gar Forman and executive VP John Paxson is possible?

Here is a look back at the most tumultuous times of Thibodeau's reign -- filled with ups and downs that left the Bulls wondering about their future."

The last game of the season against Charlotte last year:
    "
    On this night, all those cards [resting players] would seem to be worth playing. The simple fact is it's a game the Bulls would be well served to lose -- a loss assures them the conference's fourth seed, which would guarantee avoiding LeBron James and the Miami Heat until the conference finals.

But Thibodeau coaches every game like it's his last. Forman watches emerging star Jimmy Butler log 48 minutes, then look entirely depleted after the game. Joakim Noah plays 42 minutes on a left knee that would need surgery just a couple of weeks later.

The Bulls open the playoffs against the Wizards but can't summon the spirit necessary to win.

Butler looks gassed much of the series and admits he was tired. Noah limps his way through most of the five games looking like a s of the man who had just won the NBA Defensive Player of the Year award.

No one knows exactly when Noah's knee injury occurred. But everyone in the front office knows 42 meaningless minutes in overtime against Charlotte, in a game the team seemed better served to lose, was a needless risk.

As much as any event soured relations between a winning coach and his front office, it was the game against the Bobcats."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the largest articles I've ever seen on ESPN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA's version of Ancelotti

Good coach who doesn't rest his best players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good coach, poor team management skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ Agreed with both, but he's also a casualty of the Rose propaganda and tiest fanbase among NBA teams, tbh..their franchise is still trying to build around one of the most cancerous PGs in the NBA, partly due to Chicago being Rose's hometown..they'll never go anywhere until they rid themselves of that tumor..

Perennially overhyped team with limited(Noah) and overrated(Rose, Mirotic) players that are expected to do more than they are actually capable of doing once teams adjust in the playoffs..

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He sold Rose out to butter up Media and save his skin.

He's nobody to blame but himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ Agreed with both, but he's also a casualty of the Rose propaganda and tiest fanbase among NBA teams, tbh..their franchise is still trying to build around one of the most cancerous PGs in the NBA, partly due to Chicago being Rose's hometown..they'll never go anywhere until they rid themselves of that tumor..

Perennially overhyped team with limited(Noah) and overrated(Rose, Mirotic) players that are expected to do more than they are actually capable of doing once teams adjust in the playoffs..
    I think the argument is Tommy T helps them reach their potential and in many cases exceed thru hard work and committment but they are ran into the ground: Deng, Noah and Butler past 2 postseasons.

Article argues he's just too old school. Routine guy who is first one to the office and last one out type.

Let's be honest. Chances are my Bulls won't Win a Championship keeping or trading Rose. Chicago isn't the free agent destination that Miami, LA and NY are. They will let Rose play out his contract (next 2 seasons). Unless Bulls can reel in Aldridge or Marc Gasol type, what is the difference if you keep Rose or not? Bring in a more athletic SF and let him run with Rose/Butler.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things have got so bad now that he Bulls will not release Thibodeau till all the
    other coaching vacancys are filled. Bad blood here.........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread only shows the depths Laker fans have fallen. Their franchise is so godawful and ty, they have to desperately establish what is and isn't a dynasty in order to remember how great it was years ago. They know full well that the death of Jerry and the retirement of Fuhrer Stern has changed everything, and that everyone else in the NBA is going to hold them down and them in the ass and down their throats for the long foreseeable future, and there isn't a goddamn ing thing they can do but clutch their antique metal trophies and reminisce about their "dynasty".

Thread Information