My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS is going to kick his ass

2-4 in the finals..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to tell how much he's benefitted from playing his whole career in d conference which is almost like the minor leagues.
    ESPN talks about Lebron going to the finals 5 times in a row like it's a record of records.. This conference has mostly been a joke since Jordan retired in 98.. How else could the Cavs be beating up their ECF opponent when their all star PG is gimpy and their all star F is out for the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No question the East has been a wasteland. They are much weaker both in terms of elite top teams, and depth of contenders. The teams in the East only face a limited number of quality teams a year, so the season isn't such a grind. In the West practically the whole season was played hard since seeding was so tight.

All that said, Lebron is just an awesome player who does nearly everything on the court well. He used to he mentally weak but has improved considerably. The impact he has on the game is just huge. I also think he is on roids and HGH and wouldn't be surprised if he is discredited at some point, aka Bonds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron's destiny is Top 5, imvho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? People who are going to exalt Lebron over Duncan are going to do that even if Lebron loses a 2-0 lead to a depleted Atlanta team. The narrative for Lebron will always excuse his failures and exaggerate his successes because that's the way the guy is covered.
    I couldn't have said that better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron's destiny is Top 5, imvho.
    He can hit top 3 IMO with two more rings and FMVP's, behind only MJ and Kareem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hope he gets swept. will prolly happen.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron has about as much chance of winning the 2015 le as Duncan does.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    All because Matt Barnes punked our SF with Aspergers
    Are you Scott or Joe, got?

The narrative for Lebron will always excuse his failures and exaggerate his successes because that's the way the guy is covered.
    The media narrative of LeBron is literally the exact opposite of that. You must be thinking of DK or Kirby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is ing re ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will get his butt kicked in the Finals once again and then the supporting cast excuse will come up again, per usual.

Lebron is great when things are flowing his way. But when things get ugly, he fades and that's what's going to happen in the Finals once Curry/Thompson get hot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron. 2-3
    Tim 5-1

/thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan has had to play the:

Shaq/Kobe Lakers
    Kobe/Gasol/Bynum Lakers
    Nash/Stoudemire Suns
    Dirk Mavs
    Westbrook/Durant Thunder

It's been a nightmare for the past decade and a half. Who the did Lebron have trouble with? The Garnett/Pierce/Allen Celtics? Baldy has been getting a pass every ing year for staying in that ty conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shaq/Kobe Lakers
    Kobe/Gasol/Bynum Lakers
    Nash/Stoudemire Suns
    Dirk Mavs
    Westbrook/Durant Thunder

It's been a nightmare for the past decade and a half. Who the did Lebron have trouble with? The Garnett/Pierce/Allen Celtics? Baldy has been getting a pass every ing year for staying in that ty conference.
    LeBron. 2-3
    Tim 5-1

/thread

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People will not remember what actually happened, they will just count the hardware. They will look at Duncan's last two rings and say he wasn't the first option on these teams.
    Those two sentences directly contradict each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I consider 2003 Duncan's supporting cast to be the weakest championship team ever, 2003 post season win share was the highest ever:
    That might be the stupidest thing I ever read.

Starters Tim, DRob, Bowen, Tony, and Jackson
    Reserves: Manu, Kerr, Speedy, Smith, Ferry, Rose, and Willis

Outside of last years team this was the best Spurs team ever. Starters across the board were awesome. The front line was good enough to slow down Shaq and overwhelm everyone else. Bowen, Jackson and Manu did a job on Kobe.

Now Tony was still a young PG but having Speedy and Kerr to back him up made them the best PG combo in the league. Jackson, Manu and Kerr was the best SG combo in the league. This team was good enough to beat you with their defense, with their offense, pounding the rock in the paint or killing you with three pointers. This team was good enough to beat you uptempo or slow pace. They were untested that year, and ending the Lakers run was no small feat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shaq/Kobe Lakers
    Kobe/Gasol/Bynum Lakers
    Nash/Stoudemire Suns
    Dirk Mavs
    Westbrook/Durant Thunder

LeBron. 2-3
    Tim 5-1

/thread
    That's it and that's all!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will see. ECF is a friggen cakewalk. We win another 3-4 rings in last 20 years in ecf.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That might be the stupidest thing I ever read.

Starters Tim, DRob, Bowen, Tony, and Jackson
    Reserves: Manu, Kerr, Speedy, Smith, Ferry, Rose, and Willis

Outside of last years team this was the best Spurs team ever. Starters across the board were awesome. The front line was good enough to slow down Shaq and overwhelm everyone else. Bowen, Jackson and Manu did a job on Kobe.

Now Tony was still a young PG but having Speedy and Kerr to back him up made them the best PG combo in the league. Jackson, Manu and Kerr was the best SG combo in the league. This team was good enough to beat you with their defense, with their offense, pounding the rock in the paint or killing you with three pointers. This team was good enough to beat you uptempo or slow pace. They were untested that year, and ending the Lakers run was no small feat.
    Sorry you were talking about:

David Robinson: Final season, a great role player but that was it, a role player.
    Manu Ginobili: Rookie season, only brief moments of brilliance and unreliable.
    Tony Parker: Played so bad he was benched in favor of Claxton

When your second leading scorer was Stephen Jackson, it is a not a good team at all. There is a reason 2003 Duncan had the greatest win share of any post season player ever.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those two sentences directly contradict each other.
    When your ring doesn't have FMVP attached, were you Scottie Pippen or Robert Horry on these le teams? 20 years from now, people won't remember the details, they will just count the hardware and say "he wasn't the first option on these teams and the lack of FMVP proves it".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When your ring doesn't have FMVP attached, were you Scottie Pippen or Robert Horry on these le teams? 20 years from now, people won't remember the details, they will just count the hardware and say "he wasn't the first option on these teams and the lack of FMVP proves it".
    In 20 years people wont give a , anyway lebum is a and I will remember his 2-6 forever and counting.

Thread Information