Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow what an incredible ' you' to his NBA team.

he's officially my least favorite Spurs player....like ever.

I secretly wish we'd have the stones to trade him and go with Cory/Patty for the next 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole thing is kind of weird... Manu did get the letter but it was because the Spurs detected an injury after the Finals...

Tony claims he wasn't 100% physically this past season, but if he's not injured right now, the Spurs can't stop him from playing for France...

Tony must be a quick healer, tbh... 4 weeks, he's suddenly healthy... weird...
    This is a great example of what he should be asked in the press.

'So you were injured , but now 4 weeks later you're fine?'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, I'm over Porky, tbh..I've hated on him enough all year, he's currently a backup-caliber PG, but I'll reserve further judgement until I see what type of commitment he's going to show in the off-season to get back into shape for next year..

Pop specifically mentioned that Porky is going to work on his body IIRC, I take that as a positive sign, but we'll see what type of commitment he actually shows for next year..realistically, he needs to lose about 10 pounds, strictly based on the eye test..it's probably tough to get motivated when you're already guaranteed 14 mil per year, though, and you know the coach won't give your spot to the backup..

We're stuck with him, regardless, the Spurs aren't going to trade him, and no other team in the league would even consider absorbing that awful contract, so let's just hope he shows the same type of commitment that Duncan did after the 2010 embarrassment..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This asshole his still going to play for France. For ing Eurobasket?

The Olympics would be one thing, but frankly...as much as the Parker hate annoys me, I can't say I don't get it.
    Came and took it *

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole thing is kind of weird... Manu did get the letter but it was because the Spurs detected an injury after the Finals...

Tony claims he wasn't 100% physically this past season, but if he's not injured right now, the Spurs can't stop him from playing for France...

Tony must be a quick healer, tbh... 4 weeks, he's suddenly healthy... weird...
    You don't think 4 weeks off your feet, little to no weight or conditioning training, no practices, no pressure of the playoffs or the coaching staff, the best doctors, masseuses, little threat of a drug screening for several months, etc. is ample time to at least mostly heal his injur(ies)?

Don't get me wrong, I was one of the first to say Parker looked more out of shape than injured (come playoff time, that is - everyone was bashing on him far before that, I gave him the benefit of the doubt until the real season started).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh who gives a anymore about this

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i knew he's gonna play for France, so I am not really upset about it. Just get some weight down you fat .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i knew he's gonna play for France, so I am not really upset about it. Just get some weight down you fat .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's had a month to heal, and if they're really going to manage his minutes and keep him out of friendlies, then I have no problem with it. He's a proud man who wants to represent his country. Truthfully, as long as he's had time to heal, then its better for him to have this Eurobasket "work out." Keeps him from gaining weight, keeps his skills from dulling. All good if the minutes are reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't think 4 weeks off your feet, little to no weight or conditioning training, no practices, no pressure of the playoffs or the coaching staff, the best doctors, masseuses, little threat of a drug screening for several months, etc. is ample time to at least mostly heal his injur(ies)?

Don't get me wrong, I was one of the first to say Parker looked more out of shape than injured (come playoff time, that is - everyone was bashing on him far before that, I gave him the benefit of the doubt until the real season started).
    I don't know what to think z0sa...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what to think z0sa...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree with this. All of it.

Last summer Tony took the whole summer off and it didn't help him once he got injured this season.

Last summer Manu had a broken leg and still wanted to play for his team, basically forcing the Spurs to play the bad-boss card to get him not to do it.

Bottom line is that the worst judge of whether or not a professional basketball player should play or sit is not the player himself. They are all compe ors, and they all believe that they are going to help the team no matter whether they really can or not.

Sometimes, it is just a matter of whether or not a guy gets injured and can actually get over it.

I wish that Parker wouldn't play for France this summer, because at his age and with the mileage on his legs, every minute of playing time means he is less likely to recover quickly and fully from whatever injury he might suffer, and it means that he is more likely to get injured than a younger player who has less wear and tear on his legs.

Nonetheless, I don't expect him to voluntarily refuse to play for his national team, anymore than Manu did last year after a broken leg.

Zosa is right - if the only thing wrong with Tony was soft tissue injuries, a month off should really put him right. Problem is, as I said before, he is more likely to get hurt because of his age and his previous injuries. So I would rather he didn't play.

Not really any kind of mystery, however, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play him all 48 and maybe the Spurs can get an injury exception in the best case.
    my thoughts exactly. But it's 40 mins international play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker shiiting on his haterstbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably a case of Parker's injury being a mix of conditioning, age, and muscle soreness. NO single diagnosable thing. Rest is good, but ultimately there no real risk of getting worse by playing.

So there's probably no medical reason to not have him play. It's probably not bad. If Parker is tired when 2016 season starts then Pop can use the time to teach COjo and Mills how to run the offense. Probably worth it to make sure Parker can stay conditioned, slim down, practice post-hero ball playing.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he does in fact tear an ACL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Porker injures himself seriously enough do the Spurs get cap relief?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Why are the Spurs allowing this when they wouldn't allow Manu to play for his country last offseason? I'd be pissed if I were Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dat thread

classy Spurs fans even wishing a career ending injury... I've seen it all

euro is gonna be hosted by france, news of him playing this euro is known since forever like the fact olympics in rio will likely be his last compe ion with FNT

with early exit parker has time to recover from what was bothering him... It's gonna be 10-12 games early in offseason, I don't see the big deal.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker trolling little Mexico aka ST, tbqh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dat thread

classy Spurs fans even wishing a career ending injury... I've seen it all

euro is gonna be hosted by france, news of him playing this euro is known since forever like the fact olympics in rio will likely be his last compe ion with FNT

with early exit parker has time to recover from what was bothering him... It's gonna be 10-12 games early in offseason, I don't see the big deal.

The big deal is, he's a big pussy. That's about it. He's not in shape, he was a no-show for the playoffs, and instead of sitting himself to make the team better, he continued to play even though his play directly influenced the outcome of the series. Now, he wants to play during the summer. His loyalty should be with SA, but he's shown time and time again, he's a . I wish no injury on Tony. I would like to see him traded. And I would like to see his flopping, whining ass off SA ASAP.

Unfortunately, I see no team in the whole league, who would trade for him. ZERO teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He's too fat" = gets mad when he wants to play over the summer

"Hero baller" = gets mad when he averages under 15 points a game

*takes paycuts his whole career* = gets mad when the Spurs finally make it up to him

"He can't shoot" = get mad when he shoots the ball and quits penetrating

etc. etc. etc.

can't win with you s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He's too fat" = gets mad when he wants to play over the summer

"Hero baller" = gets mad when he averages under 15 points a game

*takes paycuts his whole career* = gets mad when the Spurs finally make it up to him

"He can't shoot" = get mad when he shoots the ball and quits penetrating

etc. etc. etc.

can't win with you s
    POST MORE GAME PICS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POST MORE GAME PICS
    DONT HIT ME WITH YOUR SCOOTER, B.

Thread Information