Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all bull . They missed too many free throws. That's it and that's all. They should work on acquiring guys who can shoot a free throw. Why the entire team FT% dropped in the post season, by 10 or more points, is a mystery.

The same group could be right back at the top of the standings next season, I'm sure of it, and if healthy, could probably win a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pull the old switcharoo and change Parker and Leonard's contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overrated. The Spurs don't need one unless he's actually good like Dray. Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A nice enforcer would be

Thomas Robinson............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, dirty players change the momentum and incite runs with a 'hard-nosed' play. Even that genius Reggie Miller said that when Barnes pushed Baynes to the ground!!

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, dirty players change the momentum and incite runs with a 'hard-nosed' play. Even that genius Reggie Miller said that when Barnes pushed Baynes to the ground!!
    Yeah that destroyed Baynes career tbh.

especially after those 2 dunks on him by Griffin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Was it two or three dunks on him? Either or he got his soul took that game, Pop felt bad and sat him for most of the series after that honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say we need dirty, more we need a player with a killer instinct, an enforcer, has pest like qualities, maybe will trash talk and do things to get into opponents heads or frustrate them. Someone who is not soft.

Basically someone who is the opposite of Kawhi personality wise but with the same work ethic. But they still need to be a great team mate.

A newer version of what Captain Jack brought to the court and locker room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every time the Spurs lose, the "dirty/enforcer" threads appear, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say we need dirty, more we need a player with a killer instinct, an enforcer, has pest like qualities, maybe will trash talk and do things to get into opponents heads or frustrate them. Someone who is not soft.

Basically someone who is the opposite of Kawhi personality wise but with the same work ethic. But they still need to be a great team mate.

A newer version of what Captain Jack brought to the court and locker room.
    I will take him, where is that player at? Forget Alridge or whoever this off season that is what they really need and it won't require the Max, but who out there? I believe they do need that as nobody on the team right now has that, sure they won a le in 014 and it was great but damn that player was missing as you said when Barnes was out there spitting on the court and throwing Baynes down. I at times want a guy out there who will get in someones face and push or shove a little bit without being dirty.
    every time the Spurs lose, the "dirty/enforcer" threads appear, tbh..
    That is true, after last years le run with that motion O and great post season you saw none of this. I still would like a dude to step up though and get in someones face or scrap for a ball and not get thrown down and not do like Baynes though.... I am just saying.

Elie would get a little dirty out there, Jax and Willis would scrap for the ball and talk some , Horry and a few others had that in them. I miss that all in all, just that guy who would give a little shove or shot to someone to let them know. That type of guy can get a team fired up and let the other team know they are not having that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delly!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fans need this more than the team.

The Spurs broke the wrist and walked away last season and there were no complaints.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tiago Splitter was the Spurs rough nitty gritty player last year. Remember when Blazers cried last year when they said Spurs screens hurt? Remember when Damian Lillard looked like he got knocked out from a back-court screen? Yeah that was Tiago Splitter. I was trying to find a video of it online somewhere but can't seem to find it.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet he was the Spurs version of Shawn Bradley getting dunked on all the damn time unfortunately.

Thats what the Clippers do... Play them and your bigs are going to be in a few highlight film dunks unless they choose not to contest.... (which is the way ier move by the way). I'm glad he was contesting them the problem is he needs to actually contest them more effectively and work on getting a body on jordan or griffen before the pass goes up so that Paul doesn't put it up where they can go get it.

Aaron doesn't have the physical tools to contest the pass in the air nor to consistently block the ball at the rim. What he can do is establish good position and stop Deandre from being able to catch and throw down, (which will probably prevent the pass from coming at all.) Blake is more of a problem because he is faster than Baynes.... and is a good enough shooter (though that is fairly recent) that Baynes can't sag off of him.

A big problem is that Griffen is a huge match-up for the spurs without a healthy Splitter.... To fast for Duncan (though Tim was the best match-up), to Big for Diaw (was able to shoot over him) and to fast for a gimpy Splitter. Baynes while a good 4th big and is probably capable of being a 3rd big on a number of teams really can't be expected to keep an all star in check for major minutes in a 7 game series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker's scrub beard is pretty dirty tbh..

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He should have announced his retirement during a timeout and hit the showers IMO

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What!!!

Spurs have Parker that likes to bang teammates wives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They lacked guts and the heart of a champion.

Stupid. The Spurs have some of the most compe ive players around. There are a lot of teams with a lot more talent who achieve a whole lot less than the Spurs ever have. Takes like yours are quite sad, really.

Thread Information