Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers are going to shake up their frontcourt one way or another. I like the kid from Ohio State, but right now he is marginally better than Jordan Clarkson, if at all. Clarkson really came on this year and totally unexpectedly made all rookie 1st team. They might have something there. For me it comes down to Okafor or Towns with the #2. I think Okafor has the highest ceiling but Towns is no slouch. For sake of argument, let's presume they draft Okafor. I don't think he is ready to bang as a center right away. Good for us that he has PF skills. That means we need a center:

Lakers might go after DeContract. Elite rebounder. Elite defender. Rumor: him and CP0 fell out at least twice during the year. His defection would help us and kill Lob City. Would he leave that 5th year of millions on the table and walk across the hall? D12 and MVPAU did, so you never know.

Lakers are rumored as wanting to part ways with Jordan Hill and his $9M KT. Like Kwame before him, he doesn't have much value playing wise, but his contract does.

Fat Gasol. Same scenario as DeContract. I'd rather him regardless of who we draft. He's approaching 30, but that's "young" for a big. He's a former DPOY. Like his brother, he's an elite passer. And I think he is offensively talented enough to run our offense through him Laker style: inside-out. Will he be willing to move from our JV team up to Varsity? I think so because our future is brighter.

Like I said before. We are on the hook for only ~$36M this year. We got 3 draft picks this year including #2 overall. Kobe's $25M comes off the books the following year, when we are then only on the hook for about ~$9M (including ~$3M team option on Randle). Free Agents see that the most glamorous franchise in the NBA has a ton of cap space these next few years.It will be interesting to see what MK does this offseason.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers are going to shake up their frontcourt one way or another. I like the kid from Ohio State, but right now he is marginally better than Jordan Clarkson, if at all. Clarkson really came on this year and totally unexpectedly made all rookie 1st team. They might have something there. For me it comes down to Okafor or Towns with the #2. I think Okafor has the highest ceiling but Towns is no slouch. For sake of argument, let's presume they draft Okafor. I don't think he is ready to bang as a center right away. Good for us that he has PF skills. That means we need a center:

Lakers might go after DeContract. Elite rebounder. Elite defender. Rumor: him and CP0 fell out at least twice during the year. His defection would help us and kill Lob City. Would he leave that 5th year of millions on the table and walk across the hall? D12 and MVPAU did, so you never know.

Lakers are rumored as wanting to part ways with Jordan Hill and his $9M KT. Like Kwame before him, he doesn't have much value playing wise, but his contract does.

Fat Gasol. Same scenario as DeContract. I'd rather him regardless of who we draft. He's approaching 30, but that's "young" for a big. He's a former DPOY. Like his brother, he's an elite passer. And I think he is offensively talented enough to run our offense through him Laker style: inside-out. Will he be willing to move from our JV team up to Varsity? I think so because our future is brighter.

Like I said before. We are on the hook for only ~$36M this year. We got 3 draft picks this year including #2 overall. Kobe's $25M comes off the books the following year, when we are then only on the hook for about ~$9M (including ~$3M team option on Randle). Free Agents see that the most glamorous franchise in the NBA has a ton of cap space these next few years.It will be interesting to see what MK does this offseason.

Marc wont leave especially after we did Pau the way we did....Pau will make sure of it...DJ or LA are our best options...I even hear rumors we may throw the vet min and gamble on Bynum for peanuts just to clog the middle and have a rim protector for Okafer to feed off of his first year...that move would allow us to go after Demarr and add Dunleavy and Rondo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Randle at SF

Randle is too big and slow to play SF, and can't shoot. If you aren't a 3 point threat, forget about excelling at the 3 in today's league. This would be all the worse if you paired him with Rondo. The Lakers spacing would be a massive joke. The lineup you have doesn't win 30 games.

Patience is a virtue. Kobe isn't getting his 6th, won't compete for his 6th, and the Lakers will likely tank again so they can fill out their wing positions with draft picks. You're 3-5 years away from building a team that can even compete for a playoff position, much less a le.

If the Lakers throw money at DeAndre and Rondo, then they've lost their mind. They need to rebuild. Trying to retool around what they have now is idiotic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FTL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Screw it up by overspending on DeAndre and Rondo, and then promising Kobe (under the table) a 45 million/3 year contract after he comes off the books this year.

For the Lakers to truly move forward with a rebuild, they need to part ways with Kobe. But Kobe won't let that happen. He basically runs your franchise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YES!!!! Rondo and deandre to LA

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Randle at SF

Randle is too big and slow to play SF, and can't shoot. If you aren't a 3 point threat, forget about excelling at the 3 in today's league. This would be all the worse if you paired him with Rondo. The Lakers spacing would be a massive joke. The lineup you have doesn't win 30 games.

Patience is a virtue. Kobe isn't getting his 6th, won't compete for his 6th, and the Lakers will likely tank again so they can fill out their wing positions with draft picks. You're 3-5 years away from building a team that can even compete for a playoff position, much less a le.

If the Lakers throw money at DeAndre and Rondo, then they've lost their mind. They need to rebuild. Trying to retool around what they have now is idiotic.
    Hey loser newsflash...

Randle has lost 20lbs and is lean..since he has handles like a guard at 6-9 they are considering using him as a combo 2-way forward at the 3 and 4 spots.....keep up with the news dude before you open your sucker...

And check out how good he looks..

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Deandre - C
    Okafer / Towns - Center twin towers
    Randle - SF
    Kobe / Swaggy P - SG
    Rondo / Clarkson - PG

Do it Mitch!!!
    My god the spacing of this lineup

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eric Pincus?,,,,are you in' with me? The whitest non basketball playin' kid who reports on the Lakers,,,,that is your go to guy for Laker updates?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're going to shake it up eh? That's like having snake eyes and "risking it with another roll"
    Kobe is going to need someone to rebound his bricks. Jordan would get 25 a night.
    Meanwhile that 25m dollar contract for a guy in a suit is looming, not to mention how many coaches are currently on the Lakers' payroll. Shaq aint walking through that door, or maybe he is, circa 2015.

What? You think the Lakers won't sign any long term contracts this year? Be@ner math, spends the same 350 dollar paycheck 5 times before he even gets it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Eric Pincus?,,,,are you in' with me? The whitest non basketball playin' kid who reports on the Lakers,,,,that is your go to guy for Laker updates?
    ^ What the kind of response is this? Julius looks so good and quick got you Spur fans nervous than a mutha er

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You see that vid I posted of Julius...if he plays the 4..how in the is Tammy gonna be able to stay with him due to his quickness

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ What the kind of response is this? Julius looks so good and quick got you Spur fans nervous than a mutha er
    LMAO,,,you so worried about LeBron,,,you pulling threads out your ass to divert attention,,,

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LMAO,,,you so worried about LeBron,,,you pulling threads out your ass to divert attention,,,
    Lebron? How the he enter this discussion? Lol i swear you Spur fans are on crack....pivoting from the topic...a sure sign the Lakers got you about to your pants lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron? How the he enter this discussion? Lol i swear you Spur fans are on crack....pivoting from the topic...a sure sign the Lakers got you about to your pants lol
    What seed do the Lakers get next year Kool?

You guys making the playoffs?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What seed do the Lakers get next year Kool?

You guys making the playoffs?

I gotta see who all we pick up ok dip

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kool,,,you are on Curry's so hard hoping LeBron don't ring,,,,you doing everything you can,,,you poor thang,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I gotta see who all we pick up ok dip
    Say you get the lineup in your OP:

Deandre - C
    Randle - SF
    Kobe / Swaggy P - SG
    Rondo / Clarkson - PG

What seed then?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kool,,,you are on Curry's so hard hoping LeBron don't ring,,,,you doing everything you can,,,you poor thang,,

Huh? You're odd dude..a special kinda got

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Screw it up by overspending on DeAndre and Rondo, and then promising Kobe (under the table) a 45 million/3 year contract after he comes off the books this year.

For the Lakers to truly move forward with a rebuild, they need to part ways with Kobe. But Kobe won't let that happen. He basically runs your franchise
    I see the Lakers signing a vet PG. Rondo BET not be the one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Say you get the lineup in your OP:

Deandre - C
    Dunleavy/ Randle - SF
    Kobe / Swaggy P - SG
    Rondo / Clarkson - PG

What seed then?
    Fify.....added Dunleavy

I say 5 or 6...i see the Spurs, Mavs, and Pelicans regressing tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey loser newsflash...

Randle has lost 20lbs and is lean..since he has handles like a guard at 6-9 they are considering using him as a combo 2-way forward at the 3 and 4 spots.....keep up with the news dude before you open your sucker...

And check out how good he looks..

Slow ass crossover. And I'm not seeing SF quickness.

He's basically a very poor man's Paul Milsap at this point.

He also still can't shoot.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Marc wont leave especially after we did Pau the way we did....Pau will make sure of it...DJ or LA are our best options...I even hear rumors we may throw the vet min and gamble on Bynum for peanuts just to clog the middle and have a rim protector for Okafer to feed off of his first year...that move would allow us to go after Demarr and add Dunleavy and Rondo
    I think Fat Gasol would come for the right amount of money. Z-Bo is an expiring KT this year IIRC. Why would he want to stay? I could see him bolting tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can get him for the minimum, why not?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I see the Lakers signing a vet PG. Rondo BET not be the one.

Rondo is much better than what you saw in Dallas,...dont let that fool you...the Mavs are horrible at evaluating talent and motivating players..Dallas is a ty franchise..

Thread Information