Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Cool. It seems like forever since I watched it, may have to watch a few later episodes to recall.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cool. It seems like forever since I watched it, may have to watch a few later episodes to recall.
    Same. Hopefully they have a recap available.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Tomorrow s. I love this show.
    Last season was fantastic. I watched it a few months ago.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Last season was fantastic. I watched it a few months ago.
    So I binged the whole 10 episodes yesterday. (note to myself: wtf are you doing with your life).

And to use your description of last season, Season 4 is fantastic.

Similar to last season, there's one main case combined with a few other sides cases. Including his quest to find his mom's killer.
    Don't want to spoil anything so I'll leave it at that.

IMO, the show does a great job of blending in the personal lives of the characters just enough to make your interested. And not so much that it slows the show down.

They did set it up for a very interesting Season 5. Which they have been renewed for already.

Anyone that has enjoyed the first 3 seasons won't be disappointed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Saw the first two episodes of season 4.

A little sluggish and the dialogue is always so monotone. But the storyline and character development is solid. A good whodunit so far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Saw the first two episodes of season 4.

A little sluggish and the dialogue is always so monotone. But the storyline and character development is solid. A good whodunit so far.
    I think that's why I like it. That it's a straight forward whodunit. I enjoyed The Fall, The Killing, etc. But it's refreshing to watching a really well done cop show that doesn't have to
    rely on a genius psychopath killer to keep the cops on their heels. And doesn't spend 10 minutes per episode on random sex scenes that have nothing to do with the plot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    K, I finished and gotta say I'm disappointed.

Generic straightforward plot, no surprising twists. The storylines/cases also kept me wondering if they ever connect but never do.

The guy riding the bicycle stealing from people was a completely worthless tangent that dragged out through the season that ended up having nothing to do with anything.

He did make me laugh tho, especially stealing the phone right off the table of the that lady at the restaurant leaving her going wtf just happened

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    K, I finished and gotta say I'm disappointed.

Generic straightforward plot, no surprising twists. The storylines/cases also kept me wondering if they ever connect but never do.

The guy riding the bicycle stealing from people was a completely worthless tangent that dragged out through the season that ended up having nothing to do with anything.

He did make me laugh tho, especially stealing the phone right off the table of the that lady at the restaurant leaving her going wtf just happened
    I somewhat agree on the bicycle dude. I had totally forgot that he was even in the previous seasons. I thought they were going to tie him in with something major.
    I disagree with you on the rest though. But I don't want to spoil anything giving my reasons.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I mean the case with the pen in the head kinda sorta tied with the main case just to make you wonder about the suspect but not very much.

Dunno. I still like Boschs character

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I mean the case with the pen in the head kinda sorta tied with the main case just to make you wonder about the suspect but not very much.

Dunno. I still like Boschs character
    Yeah...I also don't agree that there weren't any twists. Maybe not in the main case but you know...
    But I'll admit I possibly slightly overrate it because of the main character and how well Welliver carries it.
    As well as the rest of the cast. Glad to see some of the Wire guys come out with strong performances.
    Other than the two cop buffoons, the cast is pretty top notch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just finished ep 3, liking it so far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Didn't enjoy season 4. The fizz has gone out of Bosch - a pissed-off cop with luggage, who goes around looking bored.
    The actor who plays Bosch has an extremely limited range. Pity, because the character in Connelly's books as I recall is much more rounded.
    I don't know where they go from here, I think the show has run its course.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I like the actor, but to each their own. I need to read the books, thanks for reminding me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Didn't enjoy season 4. The fizz has gone out of Bosch - a pissed-off cop with luggage, who goes around looking bored.
    The actor who plays Bosch has an extremely limited range. Pity, because the character in Connelly's books as I recall is much more rounded.
    I don't know where they go from here, I think the show has run its course.
    Finished the Black Echo last night, it was awesome. Started Black Ice, thanks for reminding me about this series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    April 19 - Season 5

Maybe the series I look forward to the most

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    April 19 - Season 5

Maybe the series I look forward to the most
    I read all the books, they were great. 20 something of them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I read all the books, they were great. 20 something of them.
    Wow. I don’t know why I never tried one. So is one book the basis for a whole season?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Wow. I don’t know why I never tried one. So is one book the basis for a whole season?
    Sometimes. I wouldn't want to say too much outside of that they are quick, great reads.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sometimes. I wouldn't want to say too much outside of that they are quick, great reads.
    I did a quick search last night and it looked the series kind of start after several books. I ordered The Black Echo. If I like that, will probably see if Half Price has the next few.
    I've been failing recently at finding anything that keeps my attention.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I did a quick search last night and it looked the series kind of start after several books. I ordered The Black Echo. If I like that, will probably see if Half Price has the next few.
    I've been failing recently at finding anything that keeps my attention.
    I read nothing but them for a few months, hope you enjoy!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I read nothing but them for a few months, hope you enjoy!
    Yep, if you haven't read the books, they are a really good read.
    My favorite Connelly character is Mickey Haller, the half-brother of Bosch, who was featured in the movie The Lincoln Lawyer (which was an excellent movie, IMO).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yep, if you haven't read the books, they are a really good read.
    My favorite Connelly character is Mickey Haller, the half-brother of Bosch, who was featured in the movie The Lincoln Lawyer (which was an excellent movie, IMO).
    Just finished the first book and have the second on order. Good stuff. Really doesn't slow down. I've given up on some other detective series where the author spent pages and pages throughout the book on some meaningless relationship between the main character and his/her love interest. Connelly (at least in Black Echo) keeps it fairly short and never spends more time than necessary.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's time.

I hate that I look forward to this for a year and then I get done with it in a couple of days.

Thread Information