Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest AMD Radeon R300 family of graphics cards launches in a few weeks and we are looking at several cards being listed down on manufacturer sites. The Radeon R9 390X which was expected to be the flagship graphics chip, codenamed Fiji, turns out to be a Hawaii rebrand if the listing is correct and rumors that AMD’s Fiji based cards will ship with a different branding scheme, similar to NVIDIA’s an cards may just end up being true.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r9-39...#ixzz3bHO1HQ6z

AMD
    R9 390x is going to be a ing R9 290x with more VRAM?
    Cry Havoc
    Goodbye AMD if true
    Nvidia prices are going to be awful for Pascal once AMD goes under

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJR210, get in here and pour a 40 with me in AMD's memory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry Havoc

Just get some tape and some markers and write 390x on your 7870's, it's basically the same thing

700 dollar "70" series Nvidia cards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry Havoc

Just get some tape and some markers and write 390x on your 7870's, it's basically the same thing

700 dollar "70" series Nvidia cards
    LOL the R9 370 actually is an HD 7870. At least they're finally retiring the HD 7970 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest AMD Radeon R300 family of graphics cards launches in a few weeks and we are looking at several cards being listed down on manufacturer sites. The Radeon R9 390X which was expected to be the flagship graphics chip, codenamed Fiji, turns out to be a Hawaii rebrand if the listing is correct and rumors that AMD’s Fiji based cards will ship with a different branding scheme, similar to NVIDIA’s an cards may just end up being true.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r9-39...#ixzz3bHO1HQ6z

AMD
    R9 390x is going to be a ing R9 290x with more VRAM?
    Cry Havoc
    Goodbye AMD if true
    Nvidia prices are going to be awful for Pascal once AMD goes under

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need an Havoc thread so we can easily keep record of this tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need an Havoc thread so we can easily keep record of this tbh
    Thread will be epic when Zen flops next year, well, if AMD is still alive by then.

Real talk, one of the reasons I bought a GTX 970 is I was wondering if AMD would even be alive in two years. Hard to get driver updates from a company either dead or in bankruptcy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread will be epic when Zen flops next year, well, if AMD is still alive by then.

Real talk, one of the reasons I bought a GTX 970 is I was wondering if AMD would even be alive in two years. Hard to get driver updates from a company either dead or in bankruptcy.
    They haven't updated their drivers in months. That's terrible support.

But.. But... Price to performance is unbeatable!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They haven't updated their drivers in months. That's terrible support.

But.. But... Price to performance is unbeatable!!
    They don't have official drivers, but they're still releasing betas pretty consistently. Considering the new Nvidia driver keeps crashing under Chrome, I can't really lol and act like Nvidia's aren't betas too. I was just worried they'd die off and AMD card owbers would have to use the open source drivers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't have official drivers, but they're still releasing betas pretty consistently. Considering the new Nvidia driver keeps crashing under Chrome, I can't really lol and act like Nvidia's aren't betas too. I was just worried they'd die off and AMD card owbers would have to use the open source drivers.
    There's a temp fix for the Chrome issue, some geek on Gamefaqs posted in a while back. I use Firefox, Chrome, while I like it, takes too much system resources for my liking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a temp fix for the Chrome issue, some geek on Gamefaqs posted in a while back. I use Firefox, Chrome, while I like it, takes too much system resources for my liking.
    Turning off hardware acceleration, right? Forget that, I like 1080p60 on youtube. Nvidia's response on the GeForce forums was to turn down the clock to reference settings. Yeah, no ing way I'm doing that when I paid for the superclocked EVGA card instead of getting a cheap Zotac at reference clocks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you using the Witcher 3 driver? I'm getting worse performance with it than I did 350.12 in GTA V.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you using the Witcher 3 driver? I'm getting worse performance with it than I did 350.12 in GTA V.
    I am, but didn't notice. I'll test both later. I think I may go ahead and fly the black flag tonight and get Witcher 3..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am, but didn't notice. I'll test both later. I think I may go ahead and fly the black flag tonight and get Witcher 3..
    Get the GOG version since it has all the new patches. The performance is supposed to awful on Kepler though; supposedly the GTX 960 outperforms the GTX 780, what a ing joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile GTX 980Ti releases Tuesday and it benches equal to a an X for $649. LOL at anyone who bought a GTX 980 for $550 when the 980Ti is about 35% faster with 2GB more VRAM for $100 more.

http://vga.zol.com.cn/523/5235670.html

I can't believe they were able to sell the 980 at $550-$650 for so long. 980 buyers get ed even worse than the 780 owners did, considering how ty the 980's performance is compared to the 980 Ti. It's approaching the difference between the 960 and 970.

Moral of the story is never buy an 80 series or an series Nvidia GPU again? Thoughts DJR210, Cry Havoc?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet the 980 has to drop to $400-$450 or so soon. At that price it might actually be worth it over the 970.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's official, the GTX 980 Ti is $649 and performs within the margin of error of a an X.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9306/t...-980-ti-review

Jen-Hsun Huang taking another big wet on Team Red two days before they announce their an killer
    Radeon Fury at $849 for an X level performance, but only 4GB VRAM
    AMD
    R9 300 series all rebrands
    Cry Havoc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL at what LinusTech said in his review: "If you're an enthusiast who wants outstanding gaming performance without feeling like kind of a dumbass, you're buying, at least if you're shopping on the Nvidia side, a GTX 970 or a GTX 980Ti, with the an X and the 980 left pretty much out in the cold."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile GTX 980Ti releases Tuesday and it benches equal to a an X for $649. LOL at anyone who bought a GTX 980 for $550 when the 980Ti is about 35% faster with 2GB more VRAM for $100 more.

http://vga.zol.com.cn/523/5235670.html

I can't believe they were able to sell the 980 at $550-$650 for so long. 980 buyers get ed even worse than the 780 owners did, considering how ty the 980's performance is compared to the 980 Ti. It's approaching the difference between the 960 and 970.

Moral of the story is never buy an 80 series or an series Nvidia GPU again? Thoughts DJR210, Cry Havoc?
    It's hard though..money burns a hole in my pocket if I can afford to buy a large piece of tech like a graphics card..I probably wouldn't wait if the 1080 or whatever the they're gonna call it came out and offered a sizable gain over the 980 Ti.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AMD
    an killer is coming, but it's not from the Red Team
    price to performance ratio
    95 degrees Celsius idle
    watercooled piece of crap
    Nvidia cards up 400% in cost
    "you sabatoged our performance"
    Gameworks just isn't fair
    this is about fair business, how dare you guys take a compe ive edge over our inferior business approach
    Cry Havoc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard though..money burns a hole in my pocket if I can afford to buy a large piece of tech like a graphics card..I probably wouldn't wait if the 1080 or whatever the they're gonna call it came out and offered a sizable gain over the 980 Ti.
    I doubt the next 80 series card will outperform the 980 Ti by much if past history is any indication. The 980 was right on par with the 780 Ti at release. It has since pulled ahead and now the 970 and 780 Ti offer about the same performance due to driver optimization for Maxwell and abandonment of Kepler. I know I'd be pissed if I bought a 980.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure who the market is for the Radeon Fury. It sounds like it could be significantly more powerful than a an X, but at $849 it's way above upper mainstream prices. But with only 4GB of vram it's also going to be a hard sell to the 4xSLI/CF trust fund babies crowd running triple 4k panels, which is the target market of the an X now. I guess this is why Nvidia sat out this round with HBM and are saving it for Pascal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, AMD looks about done in the GPU market.

Q1 2015 vs Q1 2014

Starting to look a lot like the CPU market now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Radeon Fury X looks to be a dog too.

Bad yields, similar performance to the 980 Ti with less VRAM, having to cut the price down $250 to compete with the 980 Ti when they thought they were competing with a $1000 an X, so goodbye profit margins on Fiji. Not a good time to be down with team red.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

There is now absolutely no compelling reason to go AMD in 2015. DJR210, come dance with me on AMD's grave. Sorry Cry Havoc, time to go green it looks like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Radeon Fury X looks to be a dog too.

Bad yields, similar performance to the 980 Ti with less VRAM, having to cut the price down $250 to compete with the 980 Ti when they thought they were competing with a $1000 an X, so goodbye profit margins on Fiji. Not a good time to be down with team red.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

There is now absolutely no compelling reason to go AMD in 2015. DJR210, come dance with me on AMD's grave. Sorry Cry Havoc, time to go green it looks like.

Thread Information