Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    http://m.fifa.com/about-fifa/news/y=...r-2609360.html

Sepp:

This is a difficult time for football, the fans and for FIFA as an organisation. We understand the disappointment that many have expressed and I know that the events of today will impact the way in which many people view us.

As unfortunate as these events are, it should be clear that we welcome the actions and the investigations by the US and Swiss authorities and believe that it will help to reinforce measures that FIFA has already taken to root out any wrongdoing in football.

While there will be many who are frustrated with the pace of change, I would like to stress the actions that we have taken and will continue to take. In fact, today’s action by the Swiss Office of the Attorney General was set in motion when we submitted a dossier to the Swiss authorities late last year.

Let me be clear: such misconduct has no place in football and we will ensure that those who engage in it are put out of the game. Following the events of today, the independent Ethics Committee – which is in the midst of its own proceedings regarding the awarding of the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups - took swift action to provisionally ban those individuals named by the authorities from any football-related activities at the national and international level. These actions are on top of similar steps that FIFA has taken over the past year to exclude any members who violate our own Code of Ethics.

We will continue to work with the relevant authorities and we will work vigorously within FIFA in order to root out any misconduct, to regain your trust and ensure that football worldwide is free from wrongdoing.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Septic spinning det

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    Ballspielverein Borussia Dortmund
    Post Count

Dr. Reinhard Rauball, president of BVB and German Bundesliga asking Blatter "to do everybody a favour... it can´t go on like that..."

Nice way to say f*ck off

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Daniel Sandford
    ‏@BBCDanielS

The Russian Foreign Ministry has condemned what it calls "an illegal extraterritorial application of American law" in the FIFA arrests.

never change comrades

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Wouldn't that be interference?

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Daniel Sandford
    ‏@BBCDanielS

The Russian Foreign Ministry has condemned what it calls "an illegal extraterritorial application of American law" in the FIFA arrests.

never change comrades
    they sure ain't going to be using Russian banks to move the hush money... or anything else really.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    FIFA Frantically Announces 2015 Summer World Cup In United States

ARTICLE May 27, 2015
    Vol 51 Issue 21 Sports · World · Womens Sports And Soccer

ZURICH—After the Justice Department indicted numerous executives from world soccer’s governing body on charges of corruption and bribery, frantic and visibly nervous officials from FIFA held an impromptu press conference Wednesday to announce that the United States has been selected to host this summer’s 2015 World Cup. “We are thrilled to reveal that, for the first time in 21 years, the World Cup will finally return to America, with matches set to kick off today at 5 p.m. local time in Los Angeles,” said FIFA president Sepp Blatter, smiling broadly before unveiling the tournament’s official logo, a hand-drawn stick figure kicking a soccer ball with “USA 2015!” hastily scribbled in black marker above its head. “With world-class venues in cities across the country and a rapidly growing passion for the sport, the U.S. is the perfect choice—really the only choice—for this summer’s tournament. Everyone at FIFA is certain that the 2015 World Cup in America will be a tremendous success, and billions of fans from around the world will, in just a few hours, come together to enjoy this wonderful display of soccer over the coming weeks.” At press time, the U.S. national team was leading defending champions Germany in the World Cup’s opening match after being awarded 12 penalties in the game’s first three minutes

My Team
    Post Count
    theonion with the it-would-so-good-goods

Right now UEFA debatting over boycotting FIFA-congress!

If FIFA blows up, Germany will be World Champions forever

My Team
    Post Count

Greg , FA-chairman

My Team
    Post Count
    http://www.insideworldfootball.com/f...d-be-blasphemy

"I'm a Christian and this is blasphemy," Nascimento Lopes told Insideworldfootball

"It's a state conspiracy. People are always trying to knock Blatter. Africa will vote for Mr Blatter and I will follow that. I agree at some point there has to be change but let Blatter finish his mandate and see what he does. It's not all about the major European football countries. If you point three fingers at someone, there's is always one you point at yourself. Tomorrow we are going to vote for Blatter. How do we know anyone else would be any better?"

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Sepp Blatter, FIFA President, responds to the haters. He is a great man and he will not be cowed down by you critics.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Sepp Blatter, FIFA President, responds to the haters. He is a great man and he will not be cowed down by you critics.

I think the US arrests on FIFA officials are because Bill Clinton is salty and asshurt because the US didn't win the 2022 World Cup. But who cares, this is awesome. They gave the WC to a country without the necessary football tradition and infrastructure while there is enough football stadia in New York and New Jersey to host a World Cup.

Clinton gets to wag his on the FIFA and we get to see how corrupt this governing body is with each passing day of this United States crackdown.

Soon, the United Kingdom is going to be on this because they got shafted in their London 2018 bid. London has enough football stadia to host a World Cup and FIFA still gave it to Russia.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    I'm watching the election live. This is brutally boring.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    lefty calm down bro

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/fifa-corruption-case/

Britain's Serious Fraud Office says it's examining information relating to possible corruption at FIFA - @Reuters

My Team
    Post Count
    lefty calm down bro

My Team
    Post Count
    Election probably in three hours.

All clear after bomb alert at the Congress: only money was found in the suitcase.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Blatter: "Congress, let's do the handshake of peace"

So cringe worthy.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Blatter: "Congress, let's do the handshake of peace"

So cringe worthy.

My Team
    Post Count
    this is so sick...

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    $500? Gotta pay more than that for peace.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    This Palestinian guy makes me nervous. He was probably the one who called in the bomb threat. Someone has been added to the "list".

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    "JEWS should all go to . Hitler should have done a better job"

ing youtube comments are the worst

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Only thing that can get Blatter now is dying from natural causes. Mother er is going outlive us all.

Thread Information