San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    LOL...

Reserve?

Do you know the pros and cons? You know, if you install it on a computer without a registered copy of windows, the features are limited... Right...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use Media Center for my whole-home DVR, so I'll have to stick with 8 till 2024

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well for a year. If you tend to forget about (like I do) then reserve your copy asap (like I did) lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well for a year. If you tend to forget about (like I do) then reserve your copy asap (like I did) lol
    I'm wondering how compatibility with games is gonna work.. not gonna upgrade and myself out of my entire library until it's fixed

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm wondering how compatibility with games is gonna work.. not gonna upgrade and myself out of my entire library until it's fixed
    The automatic updating in Windows 10 sounds annoying as too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody try it? I'm tempted since its supposed to be "Windows 7 & 8 combined". Like DJR said I don't want to be the guinea pig for compatibility issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll eventually get it for DirectX12, but until there is a DX12 game I want I'll stick with 7. I wonder whether removing the draw call bottleneck of DX11 will allow a game like GTA V to have realistic dense LA traffic, for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll eventually get it for DirectX12, but until there is a DX12 game I want I'll stick with 7. I wonder whether removing the draw call bottleneck of DX11 will allow a game like GTA V to have realistic dense LA traffic, for example.
    Won't DX12 give you huge performance gains on DX11 and previous versions too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't DX12 give you huge performance gains on DX11 and previous versions too?
    Why would it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still here? I thought I told..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still here? I thought I told..
    I wish I was big just once.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody try it? I'm tempted since its supposed to be "Windows 7 & 8 combined". Like DJR said I don't want to be the guinea pig for compatibility issues.
    Installed it on VMWare. It's ok... haven't updated to the latest build with the supposedly nicer icons yet. Certainly more configurable and less intrusive than Metro in Win 8 was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX12 has much thinner driver usage. The question is whether the DX11 compatibility layer they had to write adds back the bloat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is it possible to do a image iso of the update?

then in the future say u format ur comp, do you reinstall previous windows, or just install t he win10 image?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I downloaded an iso of the Insider preview from Microsoft, since we're registered devs. That gave us access to the early builds. But there's no way I was installing that in a production machine while in beta. We mostly use it to test our apps for compatibility.

Since Windows 8.1 you can create your own install media to a DVD or USB pen drive:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-refresh-media

I suppose you'll be able to do the same with Windows 10...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I downloaded an iso of the Insider preview from Microsoft, since we're registered devs. That gave us access to the early builds. But there's no way I was installing that in a production machine while in beta. We mostly use it to test our apps for compatibility.

Since Windows 8.1 you can create your own install media to a DVD or USB pen drive:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-refresh-media

I suppose you'll be able to do the same with Windows 10...
    no cd key required if ur upgrading to win10 from future onwards after many formats?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no cd key required if ur upgrading to win10 from future onwards after many formats?
    I think the only upgrade that doesn't require a registration key is from a legit copy of Win 8... otherwise, you still need a registration key. I had to enter one on the Insider preview.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I use Media Center for my whole-home DVR, so I'll have to stick with 8 till 2024
    Do you have one of those homerun cable card readers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if ur currently using a 32bit windows, is it possible for the next free upgrade win10 64bit version?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The operating system will be available in 190 territories globally with existing Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users having one year (i.e. till 29 July 2016) to upgrade to the new operating system.

Users will be able to reserve a free upgrade in the coming weeks.

Those users who cannot upgrade will have to purchase the license with the following pricing structure:

Windows 10 Home - $119

Windows 10 Pro - $199

To upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro will cost $99.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story...announced.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if ur currently using a 32bit windows, is it possible for the next free upgrade win10 64bit version?
    32 bit Windows? ing , it's 2015. Do you still get your music off of Kazaa?

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage. When you use voice input features like speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing. When you open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file, and how long it takes and use it for purposes such as improving performance. When you enter text, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving autocomplete and spellcheck features.

Wi-Fi Sense is a feature built into Windows 10. You may see a pop-up saying “Wi-Fi Sense needs permission to use your Facebook account.” It also works with Outlook.com and Skype contacts.

This feature allows you to share Wi-Fi login information — network names and passphrases — with your friends. It’s designed to automatically connect Windows 10 devices to shared networks.

What is Wi-Fi Sense?

This feature lets you share Wi-Fi network access with your Facebook, Outlook.com, and Skype contacts. It works in the background, automatically sharing networks you choose to share and downloading credentials for Wi-Fi networks your contacts have shared with you.

When you visit your friend’s house or place of business, Windows 10 can automatically sign you into their Wi-Fi if they’ve shared it with you — that’s the idea.

The connection details are automatically shared with your contacts using Windows 10 devices. The Wi-Fi Sense feature will detect when it’s near a shared network and automatically connect. If you want to give your friends easy access to your home Wi-Fi network, this will allow you to do it — assuming they use Windows 10 devices, of course.

What If You Don’t Want Your Wi-Fi Connection Passphrase Shared?

You might not want to use Wi-Fi Sense. Bear in mind that the sharing is indiscriminate — if you use it, it will share access to your Wi-Fi with all of your Facebook friends without letting you pick and choose who gets access.

If someone connects to your network with a Windows 10 device, they can choose to share the connection details with all their friends — at least those friends using Windows 10. You can choose to opt out of this by changing your wireless network name, or SSID, to end with _optout. In other words, if your network name is currently “HomeNetwork”, Microsoft would like you to change the name to “HomeNetwork_optout” to opt out.

Cliffs:
    brb everything you type, every file, every program, your address, your location, your details, your speech, search history, internet history, and more are recorded for "improvement purposes."
    brb "Wi-Fi Sense" automatically shares your wifi information (login+pass) with nearby social media & email contacts.
    brb The only way to opt out is to change your routers SSID and add "_optout" at the end.
    brb then there's that siri-like Cortana who monitors and learns from your email & file content as well as usage habits, you behaviors. So it can better customize itself to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The SSID rename thing is terrible..

Thread Information