Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i just found out this game has a dynamic cover system that lets you aim around corners
    Yup..only in 1st person though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finished it with the Ins ute a few days ago... gonna take some time off it and maybe end it with the other factions...

Finished COD BO 3... game... now playing AC: Syndicate, which surprisingly has a few new twists instead of the usual rehash...

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I finished it with the Ins ute a few days ago... gonna take some time off it and maybe end it with the other factions...

Finished COD BO 3... game... now playing AC: Syndicate, which surprisingly has a few new twists instead of the usual rehash...
    What were you expecting with Black Ops 3? I stopped after the first Black and decided that Treyarch/Infinity Ward has gotten enough of my time and money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What were you expecting with Black Ops 3? I stopped after the first Black and decided that Treyarch/Infinity Ward has gotten enough of my time and money.
    Just your average 1st person shooter, and that's kinda what it is... I only play the campaign, and as usual it's super short...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you don't ever do side quests? No wonder you hated Dying Light.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you don't ever do side quests? No wonder you hated Dying Light.
    I did a lot of them. I did a ton of minuteman side quests until it looked like they were never ending... then I did a bunch of BoS side-missions too. The only faction I didn't do with was the Railroad.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Just your average 1st person shooter, and that's kinda what it is... I only play the campaign, and as usual it's super short...
    I have a good two weeks of playtime in CoD4 and I never came close to finishing the campaign. I can count the number of FPS's from the last ten years that had worthwhile campaigns on one hand.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I wish I was good already. getting tired of trying to rummage through some and some gy band of leather wearing boys show up and start hurling molotovs at me

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did a percep/agi run with rifles and now going full on power armor crafting melee truck mode. put all points in int, charisma, and strength to start.

second run is much more satisfying to focus more on power armor and settlement building imo

also using piper as a companion for her exp boost perk

minutemen/railroad ending is by FAR the best with the most content.
    Last edited by The Reckoning; 11-28-2015 at 08:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone run across the bug where you get really low fps in the opening intro videos, eg the Bethesda logo or the SPECIAL videos on Fallout 4 for PC? Turns out it's from the game having initially set Vibration to ON, even if you don't have a controller plugged in, and turning Vibration off eliminates this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn those Followers of the Atom on the east end of the map don't around. Even at Level 41 with a full set of lead lined armor + popping a Rad-X they rape me with those gamma guns, and the gamma guns don't do to them.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    why won't Piper suc b to my romancing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coz you wanna Pip'er

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is not hard im rolling with all three of the perks from the es.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone run across the bug where you get really low fps in the opening intro videos, eg the Bethesda logo or the SPECIAL videos on Fallout 4 for PC? Turns out it's from the game having initially set Vibration to ON, even if you don't have a controller plugged in, and turning Vibration off eliminates this.
    Haven't experienced that bug, but at least they fixed the getting stuck at terminals glitch.. G-Sync works wonderfully now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't experienced that bug, but at least they fixed the getting stuck at terminals glitch.. G-Sync works wonderfully now.
    It doesn't the physics up running above 60 fps like it would in Skyrim?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of GSync, if you turn it off and and you aren't pushing 144 fps, how does a 144 Hz monitor look? Is everything out of sync? I mean 50 fps usually looks pretty bad to me on a 60 Hz panel, so I'm wondering if say 100 fps looks bad on a 144 Hz panel. Or if you're bouncing between say 70 fps and 110 fps, which is what most games would do for me on my 970 if I turned off vsync.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't the physics up running above 60 fps like it would in Skyrim?
    Not that I've noticed.

Speaking of GSync, if you turn it off and and you aren't pushing 144 fps, how does a 144 Hz monitor look? Is everything out of sync? I mean 50 fps usually looks pretty bad to me on a 60 Hz panel, so I'm wondering if say 100 fps looks bad on a 144 Hz panel. Or if you're bouncing between say 70 fps and 110 fps, which is what most games would do for me on my 970 if I turned off vsync.
    I honestly don't know, haven't tried that yet. With G-Sync on and refresh set to 144, it looks great no matter the actual frame rate. It starts looking like around 45 FPS or less IMO

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so everyone here liked it? it seems to be getting pretty bad reviews...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so everyone here liked it? it seems to be getting pretty bad reviews...
    The reviews look pretty solid.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fa...critic-reviews

I remember a bunch of people with AMD GPUs hating on the game the first couple of weeks it was out and it absolutely rapes AMD cpus, but other than that it has gotten pretty solid reviews. It's an easy 10/10 for me. After playing it a few weeks I think it's a big improvement over Fallout 3 and roughly on par with New Vegas and Fallout 2. It's nice to play a Fallout with modern graphics too. It crushes both Dying Light and Witcher 3 for my favorite game of the year. Tough call between it and GTA V for me though, but I consider GTA V a 2013 game since that's when I played it on 360.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-08-2015 at 10:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen one negative review from any reputable source

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how do you think it stacks up to the other Fallouts? I'm extremely impressed by this one man, Bethesda never lets me down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how do you think it stacks up to the other Fallouts? I'm extremely impressed by this one man, Bethesda never lets me down.
    I've only played 3, it's been improved in pretty much every way

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well I don't know what you consider a 'reputable source' but 84 at metacritic is pretty average for a super-hyped game by beloved Bethesda, and the user score is 5.4

that's a pretty big gap, makes me think these 'professional critics' want to remain friendly

I'm not trying to make anything of it, just thought if anyone would notice dated graphics and glitchy performance it would be baseline bum. and wondering what y'all thought of the weak stroy and the dialogue choices that aren't really choices, and that it's no longer RPG, but a FPS with construction simulator...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well I don't know what you consider a 'reputable source' but 84 at metacritic is pretty average for a super-hyped game by beloved Bethesda, and the user score is 5.4

that's a pretty big gap, makes me think these 'professional critics' want to remain friendly

I'm not trying to make anything of it, just thought if anyone would notice dated graphics and glitchy performance it would be baseline bum. and wondering what y'all thought of the weak stroy and the dialogue choices that aren't really choices, and that it's no longer RPG, but a FPS with construction simulator...
    Mods

Thread Information