Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished it, and damn, Fallout 1 is pretty ing great. Sucks I couldn't save the ghouls though, I ran back to the vault with the water chip and before I could get back to fix their water pump the mutants came and raped everyone. I thought I saved the Hub too, but they got mutant raped also. So Fallout 2 is even better?
    Yeah, IMO, it is... the "Take All" button is already huge, tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, IMO, it is... the "Take All" button is already huge, tbh
    So do you consider 2 the high water mark of the series? Do similar strategies work? E.g., putting points into small guns early on and then energy weapons late in the game? I'll definitely not pick Fast Shot this time so I can do the targeted shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So do you consider 2 the high water mark of the series? Do similar strategies work? E.g., putting points into small guns early on and then energy weapons late in the game? I'll definitely not pick Fast Shot this time so I can do the targeted shots.
    I do consider Fallout 2 the best in the series, but it's not a HUGE difference from 1, it's more a refined upgrade, with it's own great story. Couldn't tell you about strategy, I haven't played them in a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do consider Fallout 2 the best in the series, but it's not a HUGE difference from 1, it's more a refined upgrade, with it's own great story. Couldn't tell you about strategy, I haven't played them in a while.
    , I didn't know you needed patches to get kids to show up in the first two games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if I understand the lineage correctly, Wasteland 2 is the spiritual successor to Fallout 1, but they had issues with the rights to the Fallout name?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fallout 2 really is ty at the beginning tbh. Try to kick a gecko, miss 2/3 to 3/4 of the time, run 5 squares, he catches up, try to kick the gecko, miss 2/3 to 3/4 of the time, run 5 squares, rinse and repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevermind, 2 definitely gets better after really sucking at the very beginning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevermind, 2 definitely gets better after really sucking at the very beginning.
    Yah, Fallout 2 is a slow starter... stick with it though, it's pretty great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yah, Fallout 2 is a slow starter... stick with it though, it's pretty great
    Damn this crashes a lot. Nineties software is barely better than nineties basketball tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn this crashes a lot. Nineties software is barely better than nineties basketball tbh.
    don't remember a lot of crashes, but then again, I played the PC version back when win 95 was the ... I replayed it a couple of times on a Mac...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't remember a lot of crashes, but then again, I played the PC version back when win 95 was the ... I replayed it a couple of times on a Mac...
    Prob just used to the crashes in Windows 95, seemed like that OS bluescreened daily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prob just used to the crashes in Windows 95, seemed like that OS bluescreened daily.
    Yeah, XP was so superior in that aspect, and when you think about it, XP was compared to windows 7 or 8...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arrrggh, this game is ing unplayable, I keep having random crashes in the toxic caves. Got this off GOG patched to 1.02. Now I guess I have to try the fan made patches I guess, which means I have to start the ing game over.

I'll try it in Windows 98 compatibility mode instead of XP and see if that does anything first though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is that the GOG version or the Steam version?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is that the GOG version or the Steam version?
    GOG. Turns out the crashes look to be because of a high res patch I installed, turning off one of the scalers fixed it.

There is no way to check your radiation level without a Geiger counter, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOG. Turns out the crashes look to be because of a high res patch I installed, turning off one of the scalers fixed it.

There is no way to check your radiation level without a Geiger counter, right?
    Yeah, but unless your SPECIAL stats start to go down, it won't kill you. That said, pack up some Rad-Aways and you should be ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but unless your SPECIAL stats start to go down, it won't kill you. That said, pack up some Rad-Aways and you should be ok.
    Not sure which stats you mean. Klamath (town at the beginning) doesn't have a doctor and Rad-Away is crazy expensive for a character at the very beginning of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure which stats you mean. Klamath (town at the beginning) doesn't have a doctor and Rad-Away is crazy expensive for a character at the very beginning of the game.
    Any of the stats (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck = SPECIAL). Radiation goes away after a while if you stay away from radioactive places, but if you keep on getting irradiated, some of your stats will take a hit. Once that happens and you keep going to radioactive places, if any of those stats hit zero, you're dead. Probably not an issue early in the game, tbh... just keep that in mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any of the stats (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck = SPECIAL). Radiation goes away after a while if you stay away from radioactive places, but if you keep on getting irradiated, some of your stats will take a hit. Once that happens and you keep going to radioactive places, if any of those stats hit zero, you're dead. Probably not an issue early in the game, tbh... just keep that in mind.
    Just to see how radiated I was I saved, bought some Rad-Away, used it, and it said it removed 4 points radiation, and I was no longer listed as radiated. I assume that's a pretty low amount and not worth wasting the $850 on early in the game? That won't be enough to cut down any stats will it? Also, are your special stats gone for good when you lose them due to radiation, or do they come back once you're cured?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to see how radiated I was I saved, bought some Rad-Away, used it, and it said it removed 4 points radiation, and I was no longer listed as radiated. I assume that's a pretty low amount and not worth wasting the $850 on early in the game? That won't be enough to cut down any stats will it? Also, are your special stats gone for good when you lose them due to radiation, or do they come back once you're cured?
    They come back if you're cured. 4 points of radiation poisoning is nothing. IIRC, 150 is when you start taking hits to your stats, and you can go all the way up to 1000 if you're skilled enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They come back if you're cured. 4 points of radiation poisoning is nothing. IIRC, 150 is when you start taking hits to your stats, and you can go all the way up to 1000 if you're skilled enough
    It's funny how hard it was to become radiated in the first Fallout. There was one old vault that would kill you if you didn't pop Rad-X first, but otherwise you were fine as long as you didn't play chess with that computer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ing kids in Fallout 2 are annoying. Everytime I go into a store or a bar these gots are pickpocketing me, then I have to go steal my back constantly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing Fallout 2 is so buggy. In Modoc I banged this guy's daughter, and when the father caught me I lied and said I was a doctor giving her an examination. I never paid much attention until a few cities later and then I realized my followers aren't following me in towns. Apparently banging that guy's daughter and lying to weasel out of marrying her triggers this bug. So now the solution is to go way back to a way earlier savegame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns out there is a way to correct the bug: by speaking to Vic's daughter with him in your party. I had to drag him into his daughter's work by getting into a fighting stance, walking 10 steps, he follows, get back in fighting stance, walk 10 steps, he follows, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns out there is a way to correct the bug: by speaking to Vic's daughter with him in your party. I had to drag him into his daughter's work by getting into a fighting stance, walking 10 steps, he follows, get back in fighting stance, walk 10 steps, he follows, etc.

Thread Information