Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a bad feeling I'm going to get 70% through Fallout 2 and then find some gamebreaking bug and be ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a bad feeling I'm going to get 70% through Fallout 2 and then find some gamebreaking bug and be ed.
    You'll be ok, mah nig... I finished it. It's a rewarding game, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll be ok, mah nig... I finished it. It's a rewarding game, tbh...
    Hah Harold the ghoul is back and they're all kissing my ass for being descended from the Vault Dweller talking about how I saved them by fixing their water pump in Necropolis. But in Fallout 1 I accidentally let all those gots get killed by mutants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hah Harold the ghoul is back and they're all kissing my ass for being descended from the Vault Dweller talking about how I saved them by fixing their water pump in Necropolis. But in Fallout 1 I accidentally let all those gots get killed by mutants.
    If you look at the intro in Fallout 2, that's what the story is... you saved them and then they cast you away...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look at the intro in Fallout 2, that's what the story is... you saved them and then they cast you away...
    Nah, I saved Vault 13 in Fallout 1 and they're the ones cast me away. This game is honestly too buggy to be enjoyable a lot of the time. I can't count how many times I have had to load a new save because I walked into a corner and one of my companions blocked the way and I couldn't walk out of it. If I tell him to spread out he just stands there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aw , nevermind, I see there is a push command to move people. God damnit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol user error

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There wasn't one in Fallout 1 so it was unexpected there would be in 2 since they look like the same ing game son. Don't make me call La Migra and get your ass sent back to Tijuana.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There wasn't one in Fallout 1 so it was unexpected there would be in 2 since they look like the same ing game son. Don't make me call La Migra and get your ass sent back to Tijuana.
    tbh, Fallout 2 had all those little thing UI-wise that made it easier to play...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, Fallout 2 had all those little thing UI-wise that made it easier to play...
    They should have kept the bottle caps though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have kept the bottle caps though.
    There's no bottle caps in Fallout 2? I didn't remember, tbh...

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hahaha when did baseline bum become a computer expert video graphics card nerd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hahaha when did baseline bum become a computer expert video graphics card nerd
    I have been a PC gamer for a long time, but XBox 360 was such a great deal at launch I switched over to that until it finally died off last year. Now the consoles aren't nearly as powerful for their time as they were last generation, so I figured it was a good time to switch back over to PC once Nvidia released the 900 series and made it cheap as to have a high end gaming system. You can build a pretty awesome 1080p/1440p gaming computer for about $700 now:

GPU: $310 Nvidia GTX 970
    CPU: $170 i5-4440
    MOTHERBOARD: $50 H81 board
    RAM: 8GB for $50
    HARD DRIVE: 1TB for $50
    POWER SUPPLY: $40 for a good 500W unit if you shop around
    CASE: $40 or so if you shop around

Twice the price for more than twice the performance of a PS4 (e.g., you'll run most games at 60 fps at 1080p on higher settings than PS4/XB1 run at 1080p 30 fps or 720p/900p 60 fps).

I loved last generation of consoles when you were getting pretty monster hardware for crazy low prices, as Sony and Microsoft took huge hits on every console sold for the first couple of years. And X360/PS3 was such a huge jump up from XBox/PS2. This generation the hardware is much weaker for the time and they came pretty close to breaking even on every console sale even at launch. The GPU in a PS4 or XB1 is about on par with a $100 R7 260x and the CPU is ridiculously weak by modern standards, as it's two crappy AMD quadcores running at something like 1.6 GHz.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 07-06-2015 at 08:29 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no bottle caps in Fallout 2? I didn't remember, tbh...
    Yeah, Fallout 2 has money instead of caps. Two is way longer than 1, right? Having got my small weapons over 100% and lockpick and barter up to 60% I'm wondering if it's time to start putting skill points into energy weapons or if I have time to bring my doctor skill up for the hit point reading perk and for getting armor implants. Still have yet to see a plasma rifle yet though, which was game over in Fallout 1 once you got energy weapons near 100%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Fallout 2 has money instead of caps. Two is way longer than 1, right? Having got my small weapons over 100% and lockpick and barter up to 60% I'm wondering if it's time to start putting skill points into energy weapons or if I have time to bring my doctor skill up for the hit point reading perk and for getting armor implants. Still have yet to see a plasma rifle yet though, which was game over in Fallout 1 once you got energy weapons near 100%.
    yeah, it's a bigger world map, IIRC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, it's a bigger world map, IIRC
    Is there a time limit on getting the GECK like there was with the water chip in 1?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a time limit on getting the GECK like there was with the water chip in 1?
    No, and for Fallout 1 I thought they removed the time limit with a patch... hrm, not sure now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, and for Fallout 1 I thought they removed the time limit with a patch... hrm, not sure now
    Fallout 1 you had like 150 days to find the water chip, and then if you didn't take out that preacher fast enough his mutant armies would slowly overrun most of the towns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fallout 1 you had like 150 days to find the water chip, and then if you didn't take out that preacher fast enough his mutant armies would slowly overrun most of the towns.
    Yeah, check out this Tim Cain video... I think he says they removed the time limit in a later patch...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, check out this Tim Cain video... I think he says they removed the time limit in a later patch...

This is weird, I was running this game with the MSI Afterburner overlay on and saw I was getting 2000 fps most of the time, so I figured I'd turn on adaptive vsync to 60 fps in Nvidia Control Panel so my 970 wouldn't running balls to the wall just to run the game at 33x my monitor's refresh rate. But it lags like if I limit it to 60 fps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is weird, I was running this game with the MSI Afterburner overlay on and saw I was getting 2000 fps most of the time, so I figured I'd turn on adaptive vsync to 60 fps in Nvidia Control Panel so my 970 wouldn't running balls to the wall just to run the game at 33x my monitor's refresh rate. But it lags like if I limit it to 60 fps.
    I don't even think the game was originally 60fps, tbh....

Anyways, we landed the gig, so I'll be ordering a 970 next week... gonna wait until Amazon Prime day next wednesday and see if they have some deals on those... heck, if they chop off $200 on a 980, I might snag one of those...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even think the game was originally 60fps, tbh....

Anyways, we landed the gig, so I'll be ordering a 970 next week... gonna wait until Amazon Prime day next wednesday and see if they have some deals on those... heck, if they chop off $200 on a 980, I might snag one of those...
    LOL you have waited this long for a 970 but you have to have it next day?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL you have waited this long for a 970 but you have to have it next day?
    what do you mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do you mean?
    ing dyslexia son, I read "day next Wednesday" as "next day Wednesday."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing dyslexia son, I read "day next Wednesday" as "next day Wednesday."

Thread Information