Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Vegas never really tied in with 3, more with 2. And 3 only seemed to tie in with 2 with Harold.
    I'm glad they did Vegas, tbh... ties in with Area 51, etc... wonder if New York is next...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw gameplay of this. WTF is this ? The first couple of hours all you're doing is chores around the house and .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw gameplay of this. WTF is this ? The first couple of hours all you're doing is chores around the house and .
    Should I name my character Blake then?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should I name my character Blake then?
    CuckBlacked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I want to get this game tomorrow seeing that my system can run it 60 fps ultra, but I'm not starting a new Fallout before I finish New Vegas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played about an hour... no complaints so far...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at these one second stutters on the XBox One version of the game.

Microsoft

You have to go buy at least a ing 7200 rpm hard drive to get rid of these

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lol, I'll buy a used PS4 in the future just to play Uncharted and Gran Turismo and if there's a Last of Us sequel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at these one second stutters on the XBox One version of the game.

Microsoft

You have to go buy at least a ing 7200 rpm hard drive to get rid of these

Xbox One

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    XPoor One

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    already wasted too much time with the scrapping/building stuff

part of a side mission tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the samsung of consoles tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the samsung of consoles tbh
    Samsung actually makes great SSDs and RAM though. Microsoft doesn't do anything well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, the Dead Money missions on New Vegas are . I have enjoyed all the Fallout DLC until this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fallout 3 was pretty great. So new Vegas is better? I might play that instead of buying fallout 4. Then buy that when price goes down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fallout 3 was pretty great. So new Vegas is better? I might play that instead of buying fallout 4. Then buy that when price goes down
    I really liked FO3, but I think New Vegas is definitely a better game in almost every way. Better setting, better graphics, better music, more immersive, better DLC (though Dead Money is ), better weapons, better upgrading system, better crafting. But you can't just max your character out with 10 SPECIAL on everything like you can really quickly on Fallout 3. New Vegas is more a continuation of 1 and 2 if you have played those, it doesn't have much to do with what happened in Fallout 3 (which it sounds like FO4 continues from).
    Last edited by baseline bum; 11-11-2015 at 11:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nvidia

Claims G-sync works especially well in FO4.. Couldn't be farther from the truth.. Bethesda hates G- sync and high refresh rates

I have my FPS locked at 72 FPS (half of the 144Hz refresh) using regular old goty V- Sync.. No stutteringvthough so it's all good.

Performance wise I've found that textures on anythingvhigher than medium are nearly worthless, and his rays is excessively taxing on frames.. I adjusted shadows and God rays and stay above 60 FPS nearly all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nvidia

Claims G-sync works especially well in FO4.. Couldn't be farther from the truth.. Bethesda hates G- sync and high refresh rates

I have my FPS locked at 72 FPS (half of the 144Hz refresh) using regular old goty V- Sync.. No stutteringvthough so it's all good.

Performance wise I've found that textures on anythingvhigher than medium are nearly worthless, and his rays is excessively taxing on frames.. I adjusted shadows and God rays and stay above 60 FPS nearly all the time.
    Are you turning down shadows or shadow distance, or both? The god rays look great, but I had to turn that down in Far Cry 4, so I figure I might need to here also. Dropping those usually lessens CPU bottlenecks. Are you on the 358.91 drivers from Nov 9th? I have heard people on 780/780Ti ing about them, but every Nvidia driver has been kind of suspect since the Witcher 3 driver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you turning down shadows or shadow distance, or both? The god rays look great, but I had to turn that down in Far Cry 4, so I figure I might need to here also. Dropping those usually lessens CPU bottlenecks. Are you on the 358.91 drivers from Nov 9th? I have heard people on 780/780Ti ing about them, but every Nvidia driver has been kind of suspect since the Witcher 3 driver.
    Turned down both.. And yeah.. The God rays look great, on low they have less layers and appear somewhat pixelated vs ultra. I'm on the FO4 game ready drivers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turned down both.. And yeah.. The God rays look great, on low they have less layers and appear somewhat pixelated vs ultra. I'm on the FO4 game ready drivers.
    Hey man, what kind of RAM do you have in your system to be getting 72 fps?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...fallout-4-4023

The importance of RAM

If sustaining 60fps is proving challenging, we have some advice for you: consider faster RAM. We ran through a series of traversal sequences using a Core i5 4690K paired with a an X running at 1080p - in short, a scenario designed to remove the GPU as a bottleneck and stress the CPU. We then re-ran the test with faster memory. Below you'll find our lowest and average frame-rate results from three different configurations:

1600MHz: 36.0/54.6
    2133MHz: 39.0/61.0
    2400MHz: 44.0/66.9

That's a 22 per cent increase in performance with faster RAM comparing the slowest to the fastest. Now, this scenario is an exaggeration as the GPU is a major limiting factor in performance and by using a an X at a low resolution, we have removed that bottleneck. So are there any real-life applications?

Well, click on the shot above to see that - yes - faster RAM can make a difference in general gameplay, even with Fallout 4's v-sync cap, and without an outlandish lack of balance in system components. Essentially, when the CPU is the bottleneck, faster RAM can provide an often dramatic increase in performance. However, before considering an upgrade, make sure your motherboard is compatible with faster memory. Usually this functionality is reserved for the top-end chipsets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey man, what kind of RAM do you have in your system to be getting 72 fps?
    I'm running a quad stick G. Skill Ripjaws Z 2133 Mhz

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Why are all my guns so ? I wasaw mowed down 50 times trying to kill a super mutant with a minigun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are all my guns so ? I wasaw mowed down 50 times trying to kill a super mutant with a minigun.
    I thought this as well so far.. 3 hours in. I figured I'd have to increase a perk or mod the gun or some .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we've had a week to play FO4, what's your verdict on the game? It's near perfect for me, they've improved on pretty much everything. The settlement building aspect is great IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we've had a week to play FO4, what's your verdict on the game? It's near perfect for me, they've improved on pretty much everything. The settlement building aspect is great IMO.
    Agreed. I like that fusion cores are not that hard to find too. Just got myself into the Ins ute...

Thread Information