Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we've had a week to play FO4, what's your verdict on the game? It's near perfect for me, they've improved on pretty much everything. The settlement building aspect is great IMO.
    Damn I still gotta finish New Vegas before jumping on 4. But I gotta be almost done with NV, since I have killed Caesar and am about to take out House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I still gotta finish New Vegas before jumping on 4. But I gotta be almost done with NV, since I have killed Caesar and am about to take out House.
    NV, you need to get on board with 4 already. Such a great game. I'll be on this and GTA V (still) for a long ass time.

It actually feels like a good shooter this time around. With mouse and keyboard it's awesome, there's really no need to rely on VATS in a bind like on 3 because the shooting mechanics are perfectly capable.

I also was able to get G- Sync to work with the game and it's ing amazingly smooth. You can't really notice a dip in performance unless it hits 45 FPS, but frames in the most far-reaching vistas usually go no lower than 50 FPS for me with only shadows and distance on medium, and god rays set to high.

There's some stupid ass glitch that I've found where you get stuck on terminals when your frame rate is above 80. Its ing re ed. I tested the FPS and sure enough it's caused by high frame rate. ing Bethesda. Other than that no complaints.
    Last edited by DJR210; 11-17-2015 at 07:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NV, you need to get on board with 4 already. Such a great game. I'll be on this and GTA V (still) for a long ass time.
    No way I'm bailing on NV, the graphics may be but the gameplay and storyline are pretty great, as is the music.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And console scrubs.. Can't imagine having to play this at 25 FPS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And console and AMD scrubs.. Can't imagine having to play this at 25 FPS
    fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It actually feels like a good shooter this time around. With mouse and keyboard it's awesome, there's really no need to rely on VATS in a bind like on 3 because the shooting mechanics are perfectly capable.
    I strongly prefer VATS to playing the games Call of Duty style, and it's one of the things I hate about the mods for Fallout 3 that try to turn it to Call of Duty. So I didn't even bother with mods on NV other than bug fixes and the stutter remover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I strongly prefer VATS to playing the games Call of Duty style, and it's one of the things I hate about the mods for Fallout 3 that try to turn it to Call of Duty. So I didn't even bother with mods on NV other than bug fixes and the stutter remover.
    VATS has been updated for Fallout 4... not sure you heard, but I'll let you find out what changed all on your own...

And just shooter mode is much better in this one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VATS has been updated for Fallout 4... not sure you heard, but I'll let you find out what changed all on your own...

And just shooter mode is much better in this one...
    I know it slows instead of pauses time. It looks like a pretty cool idea. I don't know if I like that you can choose to do critical hits though, I like the old school chance based system. But I haven't tried it yet, maybe I'll like it better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you I love VATS.. But I don't have to rely on it like I had to at times in 3. Slow motion gibs FTW. Part of that is being in mouse and keyboard, but the feel of the gunplay is just better this time around.

There's a perk that randomly turns the enemy into paste on criticals (which are now manually controlled btw) that's a lot of fun in slow motion too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you I love VATS.. But I don't have to rely on it like I had to at times in 3. Slow motion gibs FTW. Part of that is being in mouse and keyboard, but the feel of the gunplay is just better this time around.

There's a perk that randomly turns the enemy into paste on criticals (which are now manually controlled btw) that's a lot of fun in slow motion too.
    Check this Fallout 4 build video. Funniest part is they used an R9 Nano which runs the game like .

I'm still blown away they fit a high end gaming system in that case, though they had to expand it from a mini nuke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check this Fallout 4 build video. Funniest part is they used an R9 Nano which runs the game like .

I'm still blown away they fit a high end gaming system in that case, though they had to expand it from a mini nuke.

that's awesome.. some asshole will spend top dollar buying it off the maker too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's awesome.. some asshole will spend top dollar buying it off the maker too
    This is still the best Fallout build I have seen though

http://www.overclock.net/t/1555944/p...out-4-zen-modz

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I sure would like the companions to be less re ed. How hard is it to follow somebody? How did Bethesda execute this component worse than they did in Fallout 3?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually had the dog push me to the corner of some stairs and got stuck with the geometry... that said, other than that bug and one crash, it's been smooth sailing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually had the dog push me to the corner of some stairs and got stuck with the geometry
    You can do that in basically every 3D game ever made though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can do that in basically every 3D game ever made though.
    I read some reviews that Fallout 4 was fairly egregious about it, but only happened once to me...

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well there was a day 1 patch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well there was a day 1 patch
    Installed it here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah New Vegas. I got to the part where the president is giving a speech at Hoover Dam and he never ing walks to the stage after leaving the vertibird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL I was 20 minutes away from beating the game. I ended up reloading a save and was able to complete the quest and the game, but in the quest before Hoover Dam I had to use the console to spawn some Great Khans to kill them since I had already wiped them out a long time ago but the NCR wanted me to kill them again (and there were none left). OK, so installing Fallout 4 right now but I'm not going to play it until tomorrow. Seems like I should be able to run it mostly 60 fps ultra on my GTX 970 based on the Digital Foundry benchmark I think I linked earlier, but they use an i7-4790k and I use a Xeon E3-1231v3 which is 600 MHz slower but is otherwise the same cpu as the 4790k other than being locked and having no integrated graphics. That 17% difference in clockspeed will probably have to be negated by turning down shadow distance or shadows for me to get consistent 60 fps I'm guessing, since those are CPU heavy settings and this game is supposed to be extremely taxing on the cpu.

After playing the first four canon Fallout games, I think I'd rate them

1. Fallout 2
    2. Fallout New Vegas
    3. Fallout
    4. Fallout 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I played about an hour and am pretty encouraged so far, the shadows and god rays are awesome when you're running through ruins of buildings with light shining through. I hope my character doesn't get raped, I always turn Intelligence way up in Fallout games since it has an enormous impact in your leveling in the other games, but since there are no stats and it only affects XP I wonder if it was a smart choice in FO4. So I assume you have to construct your own bed to be able to sleep and recover HP?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I played about an hour and am pretty encouraged so far, the shadows and god rays are awesome when you're running through ruins of buildings with light shining through. I hope my character doesn't get raped, I always turn Intelligence way up in Fallout games since it has an enormous impact in your leveling in the other games, but since there are no stats and it only affects XP I wonder if it was a smart choice in FO4. So I assume you have to construct your own bed to be able to sleep and recover HP?
    yes, or you can just use any bed in one of your settlements

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turned down both.. And yeah.. The God rays look great, on low they have less layers and appear somewhat pixelated vs ultra. I'm on the FO4 game ready drivers.
    Damn ultra shadows make an enormous difference in performance vs high, but the game looks incredible with them on ultra and ty on high imo. Guess I'll just take the odd drop to 50 fps. Not sure if texture quality is worth dropping from ultra since I have a 3.5 GB card though. I'll have to test it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL @ Conan

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I hope my character doesn't get raped, I always turn Intelligence way up in Fallout games since it has an enormous impact in your leveling in the other games, but since there are no stats and it only affects XP I wonder if it was a smart choice in FO4.
    This made me lol for some reason

Thread Information