Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    My bad, tbh..let me go take a shower, I just posted in the Soccer forum..carry on..Go Darth Pelican Go..
    Five years later, still begging to Kori

What an unimportant got

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Look, I watched the game tonight and enjoyed it. As I said, I like watching World Cup Soccer.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone here. I know how passionate hardcore soccer fans are and the importance of defending the shield that is "football". I won't change my stance that the US simply does not care about it nearly as much as other countries, yet we are still more successful in it than we should be compared to countries who have fans that commit suicides and homicides over it.
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 06-30-2015 at 11:05 PM.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    Look, I watched the game tonight and enjoyed it. As I said, I like watching World Cup Soccer.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone here. I know how passionate hardcore soccer fans are and the importance of defending the shield that is "football". I won't change my stance that the US simply does not care about it nearly as much as other countries, yet we are still more successful in it to than we should be compared to countries who have fans that commit suicides and homicides over it.
    Nah bro, you're not offending anyone. Everyone is en led to their opinion. Us soccer fans don't lose sleep because Americans aren't watching.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Everytime the World Cup rolls around, the USA acts like they care about soccer. Then, once it ends, not a is given. There isn't a single US soccer event other than the World Cup televised by NBC, CBS, ABC, or FOX. The MLS is buried somewhere on the ESPN networks and I would make an educated guess that the ratings are on a scale of low to abortion. Look, I like soccer, but it's in about 5th place in the US as far as popularity, and that's not changing anytime soon. Other countries live and die by it, we don't. Yes, the women's team is more successful than the men's team, but at the end of the day, no one in this country gives. a. about them.
    This applies to every single other Domestic sport except Football on Sundays.

It's crazy how many people come out of the woodwork to see the NBA Finals. Then disappear the other 6 months of the season

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    If the US women's team had lost tonight, 80% of the US wouldn't even have known, and the other 20% wouldn't have had a single emotion moved.

I bet 80% of Germany is emotionally sick after seeing their team lose tonight
    My brother in law living in Germany told me no one was watching (this before the lose). I can firmly say the USA has given their Womens team more attention than Germany.

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Germany is still old fashioned. They aren't all about women athletics. Indeed, the men are treated as heroes (if they don't play for Bayern!)

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    No

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    USA: No one gives a about soccer; still makes it to the World Cup Final

Rest of World: Soccer is life and death; the fans literally lose sleep over the results of their country's ability to kick a ball into a net, as it gives their lives some kind of self gratification and self worth by living vicariously through it; still loses to USA
    No one gives a about soccer, much less es' soccer tbh.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

Rest of World: Soccer is life and death; the fans literally lose sleep over the results of their country's ability to kick a ball into a net, as it gives their lives some kind of self gratification and self worth by living vicariously through it; still loses to USA
    I really like soccer.
    Its has some elements of basketball that are rare in football. Almost all of the players on the court or pitch have to be able to read a game without the rigid structure of football. Players are much more responsible for adjustments in a more free flowing game.

And if you hate Fkn commercials and are limited with time commitments; you usually have a very good idea how long the game will last in soccer. It would seem the constant stoppage of play in football makes it unwatchable for people who are used to soccer. When everyone in the U.S. Is excited about the SB commercials, that's just pure unadultered crap.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    No one gives a about soccer, much less es' soccer tbh.
    Franklin you are practicing celibacy I will remind you.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    shenazis

If the US women's team had lost tonight, 80% of the US wouldn't even have known, and the other 20% wouldn't have had a single emotion moved.

There's a little difference between men's football and women's football, just like the nba and wnba. Here in Argentina (I bet it's the same in Germany) everybody goes nuts when the WC comes around, but nobody knows there's a women WC going on these days, I don't even know if Argentina participated. In fact, I don't even know what I'm doing in this thread.

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    OP stated he thinks USA has lacked World Cup success because the best athletes are playing other sports. USA is already one of the more athletic teams. I fail to see how pussified Lebron or empty headed Lynch would help

Poland would have Won a couple Cups with American resources.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    That doesn't change the fact that they invest a ton of money on it. Probably more than 80% of all nations in the world.

not to mention this is women soccer..The number 1 womens sport in the US.
    Softball and basketball may be more popular women's sport in this country.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    OP stated he thinks USA has lacked World Cup success because the best athletes are playing other sports. USA is already one of the more athletic teams. I fail to see how pussified Lebron or empty headed Lynch would help

Poland would have Won a couple Cups with American resources.
    Its not about just athleticism. This country doesn't teach the game as well either. Similar to basketball where the only reason the U.S dominates is thru sheer athleticism compared to the rest of the world. Its getting better but they invest in other sports especially on the high school/college level. Also, like baseball, soccer is a sport played in the suburbs in this country unlike basketball and football.

My Team
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Post Count

Big difference between men and women's football.

My Team
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Post Count
    USA care about women's football far more than most countries..

I guarantee the majority of people in England don't even know women have their own world cup, let alone how they're doing in the tournament..

My Team
    FIFA
    Post Count
    Its not about just athleticism. This country doesn't teach the game as well either. Similar to basketball where the only reason the U.S dominates is thru sheer athleticism compared to the rest of the world. Its getting better but they invest in other sports especially on the high school/college level. Also, like baseball, soccer is a sport played in the suburbs in this country unlike basketball and football.
    Under Klinsmann the teaching hasn't mattered because USA just poaches guys from other nations. USA facilities [training, diets, injury prevention], money for coaching and cultural sports obsession gives the USA an edge over 95% of the rest of the Futbol community if the player has an option in Nationality. You don't consider all the Mexicans the USA steals. Canadian women play College Soccer in the USA.

I know MLS season occurring during the Global off-season is mostly second guessed, I think it works in the USA. This is also the dog days of Summer: no sports occurring beyond 1st Half of Baseball.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    England

Blizzardwizard

e women's national team

English men's team

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Fat English porker flops for the penalty kick.

My Team
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Post Count
    England

Blizzardwizard

e women's national team

English men's team
    Hate England but still support the EPL team

"But but no I really like Barcelona "

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Hate England but still support the EPL team

"But but no I really like Barcelona "
    Own goal by England Women in stoppage time

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    That chick may just kill herself tonight.

My Team
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Post Count
    Own goal by England Women in stoppage time
    You seem more concerned about this than I do. I only realised England were actually in the tournament when they played Canada.

It would be complete embarrassment for the USA not to win though, they're the single country that for some reason gives a about all this..

My Team
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Post Count
    I wonder if she'll go the same way as that Colombian bloke that scored an own goal in 1994.

Thread Information