Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He sucks. Might as well cancel the season, right mid?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    45% fg shooter...48% on 2 pointers only...laugh at that

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He sucks. Might as well cancel the season, right mid?
    Nah, Lakers are back in the hunt. LOL NBA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm not the one deluded here. History and statistics (the impact of PGs) isn't on your side.

Keep selling Russell to yourself, by all means. There's not much to celebrate in Lakerland these days.
    I'm not selling anybody, you're the one trying to make something out of nothing and thinking it's gold. A good time to pull out a JHUTT, I guess... 'bout all you got right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Russell be a bust? Put that on record.
    No. He'll be a good player. You guys are missing the point. You don't build around PGs in today's game. Point guards are typically players you pursue AFTER you've filled out more important positions.

Look at the history of all the "great" PGs that have flamed out over the past decade. From Derrick Rose to Deron Williams to Chris Paul and more. And Tony Parker was injured and being sat out for major minutes during last year's run. Curry is the only one to buck that trend, but he's supported by the deepest wing rotation in the league (their 6th man SF won the Finals MVP).

The Lakers have a 75 year old Kirby and Swaggy P and not much else at those positions. And their big rotation might be even worse.

Yeah, they're probably going after LMA, but if they whiff, then what?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mid is one salty dude right now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Lakers are getting ready to pluck away a big.

LaMarcus, Demarcus, D'Angelo, Kobe and Wes Johnson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers are getting ready to pluck away a big.

LaMarcus, Demarcus, D'Angelo, Kobe and Wes Johnson
    They don't have the pieces to trade for DMC now that they drafted a PG. And I doubt Vlade moves him. LMA is about a 10% possibility. Spurs are huge frontrunners in the LMA sweepstakes, but I ain't holding my breath and expect the worst, since the Spurs always strike out on free-agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys (Laker fans) are ing re ed if you think "I'm mad."

Only 1 team led by a PG has won the le in the past 25 years, and as good as Curry is, he's supplemented by a great perimeter defense and plays in a modern system (Byron Scott is still stuck in the 90's). And it's funny how Lakers fans were talking up Okafor as the next Tim Duncan and the most polished big of the decade to come out of college and now all of sudden Russell was the "smart" decision.

Yeah, it's likely Russell was drafted in anticipation of trying to sign a big, but Love (no chance he's coming) and/or LMA would be terrible fits.

Since there was no top tier wing in this draft, the "smart" thing to do is draft a center, which is the Lakers weakest position outside of SF/SG. Bigs are a rarer commodity than PGs and are always the safer and "smarter" choice.

The Lakers ed up. End of story.
    tbh It's a pretty big risk drafting a big in the top 5 nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen laker fan on the defensive this bad since the "now THIS is going to be fun"/the begging fiasco. Is this the bottom for them? Got no place to go but up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right. But my implication was how do you expect Clarkson to move to the starting 2 spot when Kirby is going to hang around for another 3 years.

And Buss will pay that head. The merch sales to all the stupid s is too hard to pass up.
    The drafting of Russ signifies the retirement of Kobe. No room for him to grow as a natural PG with Kobe around. And I truly want to see Randle running with Russ and Clarkson. We're heading in the right direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^kinda funny watching Kobestan wanting him to retire to prevent further humiliation to his legacy while not a single Spursfan wants Duncan to go.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid. Sig worthy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    ^kinda funny watching Kobestan wanting him to retire to prevent further humiliation to his legacy while not a single Spursfan wants Duncan to go.
    Porker and his stans secretly want Duncan to go... that means even more shots for the French black hole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats true, even the most re ed fan doesnt want him to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You better pray the kid tanks. Because I got Clarkson becoming an allstar within two seasons.
    of course you do. you're a delusional homer got

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    After bandwagoning and cursing the spurs, clippers, hawks, Pau, Howard, Ariza and Lebron. Hoping the Mid curse is alive and strong and Russell proves him wrong.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No. He'll be a good player. You guys are missing the point. You don't build around PGs in today's game. Point guards are typically players you pursue AFTER you've filled out more important positions.

Look at the history of all the "great" PGs that have flamed out over the past decade. From Derrick Rose to Deron Williams to Chris Paul and more. And Tony Parker was injured and being sat out for major minutes during last year's run. Curry is the only one to buck that trend, but he's supported by the deepest wing rotation in the league (their 6th man SF won the Finals MVP).

The Lakers have a 75 year old Kirby and Swaggy P and not much else at those positions. And their big rotation might be even worse.

Yeah, they're probably going after LMA, but if they whiff, then what?
    We drafted the purest basketball player in the draft. If the money is right, I foresee free agents coming to the Lakers to play with this kid.

We also got a summer league commitment from Robert Upshaw.

Recap: we have D'Russell and Upshaw. Upshaw will make the team. Before his "issues" he was considered a 1st rounder. D'Russell + Upshaw > drafting Okafor...and these two "fit" with Randle and Clarkson.

Million dollar question: will the Lakers develop these young players? I hope so.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I personally want Kobe to plAy another 3 yrs. Get this contract off the books and then get some of the new TV money

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid vs Laker fan in this thread:

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It won't matter because of two things. They don't have a reliable big. And Kobe. No three things. Byron Scott too. What system does he run besides the Kobe system?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I personally want Kobe to plAy another 3 yrs.
    Absolutely.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You guys (Laker fans) are ing re ed if you think "I'm mad."

Only 1 team led by a PG has won the le in the past 25 years, and as good as Curry is, he's supplemented by a great perimeter defense and plays in a modern system (Byron Scott is still stuck in the 90's). And it's funny how Lakers fans were talking up Okafor as the next Tim Duncan and the most polished big of the decade to come out of college and now all of sudden Russell was the "smart" decision.

Yeah, it's likely Russell was drafted in anticipation of trying to sign a big, but Love (no chance he's coming) and/or LMA would be terrible fits.

Since there was no top tier wing in this draft, the "smart" thing to do is draft a center, which is the Lakers weakest position outside of SF/SG. Bigs are a rarer commodity than PGs and are always the safer and "smarter" choice.

the thing was I predicted this type of post from you ... but after we made our pick .... I took my kids to the pool so I didn't bother to post it.

If we took Oakafor Mid would have another long diatribe style post about how Oakafor cant play defense, cant hit FT's and is a re ed man's Oakafor.

If you weren't worried or mad could have just said: Bust. Cant play defense wont ever shoot like Steph was shut down by Arizona in the tourney. But to ramble on like that?

Yep, you mad.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It won't matter because of two things. They don't have a reliable big. And Kobe. No three things. Byron Scott too. What system does he run besides the Kobe system?
    Scott runs the Princeton and Kidd and Paul have had great seasons with him. Not sold on byron but that is all fact. Damn people have short memories around here ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Killa mad as about those truthbombs

Thread Information