Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the forum's laker fan comes back from this meltdown in this thread. this is so embarrassing

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't think the forum's laker fan comes back from this meltdown in this thread. this is so embarrassing
    If you can come back from a 1st 5th, Amy & havin' a $25 million purse lifted we can come back from this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Killa mad as about those truthbombs
    How am I mad? I didnt create a thread or write a 500 word essay rebuttal ...

And how many s must you suck on here? everyone that agrees with your ty troll takes?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Scott runs the Princeton and Kidd and Paul have had great seasons with him. Not sold on byron but that is all fact. Damn people have short memories around here ...
    Paul and Kidd carried his ass. What has he done since then?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Scott runs the Princeton and Kidd and Paul have had great seasons with him. Not sold on byron but that is all fact. Damn people have short memories around here ...
    Kidd told reporters that T.J. could have coached a better Finals than Scott in '03

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    midnightpulp- Great basketball take as always...

Mitch Kupchak, Jim Buss and more importantly Chaz the Bartender originally wanted Jahlil Okafor…After several work outs including 3 on 3 scrimmages Kupchak along with Byron were more impressed with D'Angelo Russell…19-year-old Russell is widely thought to have the highest potential in this draft…Russell in the Lakers' back court alongside Jordan Clarkson will be interesting…

I don't understand Spurs fans disdain for Tony Parker...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    midnightpulp- Great basketball take as always...

Mitch Kupchak, Jim Buss and more importantly Chaz the Bartender originally wanted Jahlil Okafor…After several work outs including 3 on 3 scrimmages Kupchak along with Byron were more impressed with D'Angelo Russell…19-year-old Russell is widely thought to have the highest potential in this draft…Russell in the Lakers' back court alongside Jordan Clarkson will be interesting…

I don't understand Spurs fans disdain for Tony Parker...
    neither do I ... they say we didn't appreciate Pau ...Parker gets it worse on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    neither do I ... they say we didn't appreciate Pau ...Parker gets it worse on here.
    pau led the lakers in win shares during both their chips... parker has performed poorly on the big stages for us except against boobie gibson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a terrible, awful, fest of a draft, as expected. Did not watch.

Laker fans putting their hope into such a ty draft...
    Last edited by Arcadian; 06-27-2015 at 01:07 AM.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    As if a new young PG could save a Lakers team where Kobe is going to demand the ball 98% of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers ain't making him their franchise player anyway. Their real target is on 2016 summer when Kobe's contract comes off the book, so they'll have enough cap space to land two big name FA's while picking several more wonderkids straight out of the draft pool. In other words, they're gonna tank another season in 2015-2016, but wait... ain't their 2016 first rounder owed to Phoenix already? It's top 3 protected though, the Lakers better hope they won't drop down to 4th or lower tbh.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could have been

Kobe - Randle - Okafor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When does it start?
    Summer league starts July 4th.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Lakers ain't making him their franchise player anyway. Their real target is on 2016 summer when Kobe's contract comes off the book, so they'll have enough cap space to land two big name FA's while picking several more wonderkids straight out of the draft pool. In other words, they're gonna tank another season in 2015-2016, but wait... ain't their 2016 first rounder owed to Phoenix already? It's top 3 protected though, the Lakers better hope they won't drop down to 4th or lower tbh.
    Philly has our pick not PHX they traded it for ... I dont recall.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Could have been

Kobe - Randle - Okafor
    Now it could be...

Clarkson - Russel - Cousins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pau led the lakers in win shares during both their chips... parker has performed poorly on the big stages for us except against boobie gibson
    This. ain't rocket science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers don't have a first rounder for 2016 anyway (unless the pick ends up top 3, of course).

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What a terrible, awful, fest of a draft, as expected. Did not watch.

Laker fans putting their hope into such a shifty draft...
    Kobe will still be chucking 20 plus shots per game. They won't be a contender til he retires.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    if Aldrige leaves, that'll leave an open spot for the Lakers. HOWEVER....They'll have to fight the Thunder and the Pelicans for it.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Hmm..well now that I think about it, the THunder are going to be compe ive with a healthy Kevin Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the thing was I predicted this type of post from you ... but after we made our pick .... I took my kids to the pool so I didn't bother to post it.

If we took Oakafor Mid would have another long diatribe style post about how Oakafor cant play defense, cant hit FT's and is a re ed man's Oakafor.

If you weren't worried or mad could have just said: Bust. Cant play defense wont ever shoot like Steph was shut down by Arizona in the tourney. But to ramble on like that?

Yep, you mad.
    '
    He won't be a bust. He'll be solid player, perhaps a poor man's Westbrook. As I told Lkrfan eariler, it's not a point guard's league and you don't build around them in the modern game. PGs are "over the hump" players, meaning they're the type of player you pursue after you've solidified the more important positions. Only one team (the Warriors) since the Bad Boy Pistons to win a le has featured an All Star/All NBA point guard on the roster. Yeah, Parker was an "all star" in 07, but the truth about him is that he was a net negative player in 3 of the 4 Spurs le runs, and when the offense moved to being centered on him, the results were disastrous.

I wouldn't have trolled about Okafor. It was the logical pick. I'm not high on him or anything, but if there's a good big in the draft, you should usually take him. 7 footers will always be a hot commodity and you can move them for good value if they don't work out for your team, even if their production is sub-par. If Russell winds up being a bust, they Lakers can't use him as any kind of asset. And if he winds up posting great numbers, then they're likely to overvalue him, giving him a big contract, meaning less cash to sign wings and bigs.

My feeling is that, in the modern game, the PG should usually be the 4th/5th best player on the floor (there's exceptions: Curry). I'm not suggesting you can get away with playing scrubs, your PG should still be solid, just not part of the "core." Someone will probably mention Parker again, but advanced stats have demonstrated that he was typically the 4th or 5th least impactful player of the starting lineup/core group in his prime. Duncan, Manu, and Bowen all affected the game more.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't have trolled about Okafor.
    I'll just bet you wouldn't have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if a pg has less impact

then why is enrique still on the spurs roster for a clown who coatrides t o wins, but when elimination on the line his nowhere to be seen...

seems like everyone on the spurs is tradeable, except for this clown

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    if a pg has less impact

then why is enrique still on the spurs roster for a clown who coatrides t o wins, but when elimination on the line his nowhere to be seen...

seems like everyone on the spurs is tradeable, except for this clown
    Though without said clown you'd be light 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laker fans hoping with all their heart that a PG can save their broken franchise that has literally been the laughing stock of the league since the Spurs swept them in the first round

Thread Information