Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like the dunk and how it shows off his length and size. He slows down to next to nothing on the break, gets fed the ball, takes a step and takes off from 12-18 inches behind the charge circle and just dunks it.

He should be a great target for a Manu or White.
    Looks like he got a little thicker. How is his mobility defensively?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he got a little thicker. How is his mobility defensively?
    Not as agile as a couple of years ago.

Maybe below Splitter and slightly above Pau, but I haven't watched him for in full games for maybe 3 weeks or so, don't remember too clear. Better than Boban for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not as agile as a couple of years ago.

Maybe below Splitter and slightly above Pau, but I haven't watched him for in full games for maybe 3 weeks or so, don't remember too clear. Better than Boban for sure.
    I think you're right.

The issue for Milutinov will be to adjust to nba physicality imo. Not that he's soft but He's bigger than most of euroleague's center. And he will also have to be careful with his screens and fouls.

But i'm not worry about him, he's young, big and have good hands. Plus he's improving every year in europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a pretty decent passer. Definitely a big unit who can finish.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/sakFSFqjE00

nice game by milutinov yesterday against valencia

15 pts (7/8) 6 rebounds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im glad we have been able to establish that he can indeed convert a two handed dunk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 more dunks

already beaten to it but still nice

https://youtu.be/sakFSFqjE00

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks more fit this year. I still struggle to see where a lumbering center like him fits in this new NBA, but spurs are hurting for bigs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks more athletic than Splitter who could barely dunk it flat footed, but doesn't have the same mobility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question, he was a first rounder in 2015. Is he still locked into a First Round Pick (FRP) contract, or will he come out of cap space/exceptions? If he is still locked into that FRP contract, when will it lapse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question, he was a first rounder in 2015. Is he still locked into a First Round Pick (FRP) contract, or will he come out of cap space/exceptions? If he is still locked into that FRP contract, when will it lapse?
    I have been under the impression that his restriction would go away starting next off-season. However, Mark Deeks' capulator suggests if he signed in July, it would also have to be for rookie scale. Starting in 2019 though, that restriction goes away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been under the impression that his restriction would go away starting next off-season. However, Mark Deeks' capulator suggests if he signed in July, it would also have to be for rookie scale. Starting in 2019 though, that restriction goes away.
    So in other words, we would likely be really well advised to bring him over this coming summer if possible. 1) To get an actual cap-controlled rookie contract, and 2) because there is an exception that allows you to sign your 1st round picks above the cap... As a follow up question, would he get the rookie scale (x 120% ) from the year he was drafted(2015, $991,600 ), or this summer (2018, starting at $1,421,600)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in other words, we would likely be really well advised to bring him over this coming summer if possible. 1) To get an actual cap-controlled rookie contract, and 2) because there is an exception that allows you to sign your 1st round picks above the cap... As a follow up question, would he get the rookie scale (x 120% ) from the year he was drafted(2015, $991,600 ), or this summer (2018, starting at $1,421,600)?
    A player who has been overseas for more than three years can still sign a rookie-scale deal. That's what happened with Livio last year. Doing it before then just makes it to where using cap space or an exception is not on the table. Yes the Spurs would be wise to sign him to the exception if at all possible. I think Nikola has a Bogdanovic-like deal in mind. I wouldn't want any part of that.

To answer your other question, he would get a deal based on the 2018 scale, not the 2015 scale.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capulator must be wrong. Bogdan with the kings waited only three full seasons after being drafted in 14 and got his huge deal.

Milutinov drafted in 15. Three years is up.

Anyways, even if he wasn't looking for a Bogdan deal and wanted a capped-up Splitter deal (3/12 to 3/15), I don't know if the Spurs would be willing to pay anything over the scale because of how limited their options will be. If they operate as over the cap, they'll basically only have the MLE and BAE, right? I can't imagine they'd spend even half their MLE on an unproven-in-the-NBA player. With the limited caproom across the league, it'll probably be a buyer's market and the full MLE might be enough to get a decent established player, much more in line with what Pop wants over a rookie he won't even play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Today vs Bramberg in Euroleague : 16 points 6 rebounds( 5 off) 2 assists 1 block

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like he could be worth a look for next year...considering we're old on our front line and that at the same time he's now more experienced than all the young guys in the next draft...and more than all that, if it is correct what's been told me by some spurstalkers, we'll have not only the rookie scale contract but also in case the mle available also if Gay opts in...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder if his gorilla dunks will work out against nba centers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice to get him over here next year. Can't be any worse than that piece of Joff tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice game by Nikola, he's a dunking machine this year. What i like is that he's quick to the rim.

He also had a good game last wednesday vs cska with 10 pts 5/5 5 rebounds and 2 blocks in 16 minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have an outside shot?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have an outside shot?
    He can shoot, he has good hands imo. He made some shot at the beginning of the year plus he’s a good ft shooter. But for maybe 3 months he Plays exclusively in the paint as we see with all his dunks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as i said above, not sure a guy who scores exclusively via two handed dunks will have the same success in the NBA, but he cant be worse than joff

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really good hands, I was rewatching all his euroleague highlights from this season and he corrals low passes all the time for those dunks. Throw him the ball and he can get it, low or wide, useful for the Spurs team that isn't used to throwing lobs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as i said above, not sure a guy who scores exclusively via two handed dunks will have the same success in the NBA, but he cant be worse than joff
    He's not just a dunker, he's good at Pic'n'roll and quick to the rim. I think he will be useful for the Spurs, as i said the issue for him will be to adjust to nba physicallity.

Thread Information