Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the update Jra - could you give your opinion of his play if possible? Thanks.
    Not much to say that hasn't already been said. But he is not having a great playoff series so far.

What does that mean? Like has he committed to not coming over again?
    No, this was just about him being cleared to play. He suffered a minor knee injury a week ago.
    Last edited by jyra; 04-25-2018 at 10:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, this was just about him being cleared to play. He suffered a minor knee injury a week ago.
    Oh, that concerned me for a second.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Chinook, as resident cap expert, can the Spurs still bring Milutinov over as a first round pick (with the specific exception to sign your 1st round picks), or will he have to come as capspace/some other exception? If yes, what summer will his 1st round pick exception lapse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Chinook, as resident cap expert, can the Spurs still bring Milutinov over as a first round pick (with the specific exception to sign your 1st round picks), or will he have to come as capspace/some other exception? If yes, what summer will his 1st round pick exception lapse?
    The exception never "lapses". So long as team keeps the rights, the option to use the rookie scale remains. What happens is that after three years, the team also gets the option to sign the player as if they are a free agent, with the caveats that the contract has to be for at least three years and with each year paying more than the player would have received under the rookie-scale contract.

So yes, the Spurs could use the rookie scale to sign Milutinov. The real question is if Nikola would accept that. There was a rumor last year that he was trying for a Bogdan Bogdanovic contract, and that's obviously way more (both than the rookie scale and than what any sane team would offer him).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidelined for a month, looks like he aggravated his recent injury: http://www.sdna.gr/news-english/arti...s-bc-one-month

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Spurs doctors got involved with his injury?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the chances he gets brought over this summer?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably won't. He's obviously not over himself. Just lay the ball up softly. Dunking is so selfish. -

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hopefully he see's kawhi's doctors tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asumming we salary dump Pau this summer to make a run at LeBron, we’re going to need a starting center. Milutinov would fit the bill nicely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    euroleague season highlights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    euroleague season highlights

Anybody have a season lowlights?
    I ask this only in part facetiously

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in case anybody was wondering, that highlight video confirms that milutinov is, in fact, capable of jumping and guiding the ball downwards into the rim with both hands

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hot Damn a Center Who Can Finally Catch A Pass And Then Be Able To Dunk The Ball - Ya!

If you pair him with White the dude will be killing it. Just watching his games
    he is basketball smart he know when to roll to basket set screens and be in position for easy dunks. Him and White can do some serious damage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is the better prospect, him or AP?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plug in and Play day one would be Nikola he is actually perfect for half court offense. AP has more potential but that word has killed a lot of teams and Pop is not known for coaching up big men.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Helpful. So spurs should ask for Bolden from Philly instead :-)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would hope so he can easily be paired with Nikola he was someone I liked last year. He was a second round draft pick 36 so I think he could be included in any deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    short bit from fansided about Euro advanced stats leaders for stashes and draft prospects

https://fansided.com/2018/05/25/nylo...ional-leagues/

Nikola Milutinov: The Spurs’ 2015 first-round selection completed a second strong stash year in the Greek HEBA A1 league and EuroLeague. A solid offensive player, Milutinov’s NBA value will come from his good defense and strong rebounding.

EuroLeague: +1.5 OBPM, +3.5 DBPM, 1.4 VORP (97th percentile in BPM)

Greek HEBA A1: +4.0 OBPM, +8.1 DBPM, 1.5 VORP (99th percentile in BPM)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    according to this article:

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/tradema...euroleague/11/

Milutinov's buyout is only $1 million, which is pretty small. The amount the Spurs could contribute towards the buyout in 18-19 is $700k. Only having to cover 300k on his own makes Milutinov easily gettable if the Spurs want him.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    short bit from fansided about Euro advanced stats leaders for stashes and draft prospects

https://fansided.com/2018/05/25/nylo...ional-leagues/
    Athletic Splitter like we all thought

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Athletic Splitter like we all thought
    If that is true that would be huge and valuable.

And if we do a sized deal involving Leonard we need to get Bolden too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serbian national team coach worried that Milutinov might miss national play because of possible knee surgery after Greek League Finals

https://www.mozzartsport.com/kosarka...venciju/298047

Situacija već nije tako jasna kad je u pitanju Nikola Milutinov.
    “Isto ima klupskih obaveza, posle bi sa klupskim lekarima trebalo da vidi da li ima potrebe da radi intervencije na kolenima koja ga muče. On bi mogao jako da pomogne ekipi, pauzirao je malo i pre ovog plej-ofa. Već sam razgovarao sa njim. Videćemo u razgovoru sa klupskim, ali i našim lekarima kakva će odluka biti. Mi ćemo poštovati svaku odluku. Mislim da možda može da otkaže tu intervenciju, ali to nije na meni“, kaže Đorđević.
    google translate

The situation is not so clear now when it comes to Nikola Milutinov.
    "He also has club obligations, he should then talk with club doctors if he needs to intervene on his knees that are bothering him. He could really help the team, he paused a bit before this play. I already spoke to him. We will see in conversation with the club, but also our doctors what the decision will be. We will respect every decision. I think he may be able to cancel this intervention, but that's not on me, "Djordjevic says.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also worth noting is this from April 9th, 2018:

https://twitter.com/DimitropulosOCT/...28331755065344

Happy to announce a great addition to Octagon Europe, Nikola Milutinov of Olympiakos, San Antonio Spurs 1st-round draft-pick & Euroleague's top center. Welcome to the family Nikola.
    Considering that some other agency or agent did his contract with Olympiakos, a brand new contract would get a nice commission for the new agency.

Tweeter is Giorgos Dimitropoulos of Octagon Europe. Parent Company is Octagon Basketball, represents among others Steph Curry, Giannis, Bam Adebayo, OG Anunoby, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://nba.sport24.gr/article/523606...i-tis-upomonis

Probably just speculative from foreign site:

The big problem at the moment is Pau Gasol's $ 16,800,000. Information says Spurs will try to swap the tall Spaniard with a bait that the next year ($ 16,000,000) is not guaranteed to open space on their payroll and gain more flexibility than the small they now have. If they do so in early July, then it should be assured that Nikola Milutinov will take his place. Even if Gasol is left in San Antonio, there are many chances to see Serb become his teammate, just the negotiations on both sides will be more "harsh".

Finally, the 23-year-old center has the right to bid farewell to Olympiacos for an NBA team, but to do so, the Piraeus will have to raise $ 900,000 by 20 July 2018.

Thread Information