San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Height:6-10
    Weight: 241lbs
    Date of Birth: 04/22/1992
    Prior to NBA: UMass
    Years Pro: R

DX Profile

Very excited to see this kid in action. Summer league can't come fast enough.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DX Profile

I'm going to be positive about this one and hope he has something but I dunno.. Seems very slow to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DX Profile

Agreed..so far Anderson Hanga and Cadillac to look forward to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To put it into perspective Cady is one year younger than Richards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually looks pretty solid. Excited about watching this kid in SL. He's real fluid offensively and seems to have a nice touch around the rim similar to Tiago. Also has a nice lookin jumper outside of 15+'. Seems like a he plays pretty low to the floor and not a real high flyer but he's got good size. Kind of reminds me of Antonio McDyess. Seems like a smart guy as well. I'm sure defensively is where he's going to need the most improvement because he looks fairly polished offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked a lot like an old Antonio McDyess (when he was with the Spurs), even his shooting form is very similar. The young McDyess (Nuggets/Suns) is super athletic like Amare/Griffin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To put it into perspective Cady is one year younger than Richards.
    And has played in 30 less countries than Richards

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We always been ing for a defense player. The kid averaged 12 rebounds and has a 7'5 wing span that's got me excited! Just bring him in and let chip work on his three ball and get with Kawhi on work ethic and he will be good to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the highlights. He has good feet and rythm. excited about this pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cady seems like a hardworking big man... Not too strong, but uses his wingspan to get Rebs and a few blocks... Already better than Ayres

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really understanding the appeal except that he's a spurs draft pick. just seems unremarkable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As strange as it may sound, that would have to be a near-typical game for Cady to really look like an NBA prospect. He averages like 11 and 8 and shoots in the 30s from three. With his lack of size, that's not good enough to feel confident in a transition to the big league. Still feeling pretty good about him getting picked, but I don't have him as the best prospect in the pipeline right now. Will know more in a year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As strange as it may sound, that would have to be a near-typical game for Cady to really look like an NBA prospect. He averages like 11 and 8 and shoots in the 30s from three. With his lack of size, that's not good enough to feel confident in a transition to the big league. Still feeling pretty good about him getting picked, but I don't have him as the best prospect in the pipeline right now. Will know more in a year.
    How is a 6'9" 240 lb stretch 4 with a 7'5" wingspan undersized?

is 6'9" with a wingspan 6'11" Blake griffin undersized?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

BG ain't even 6'9".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean sure, compare Cady to PFs to show me how he isn't an undersized center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean sure, compare Cady to PFs to show me how he isn't an undersized center.
    Are you pigeon holing him to only center so you can be right? I figured he is more a stretch 4. But if that's what you want.

bismack Biyambo 6'9" center
    kevin seraphine 6'9" center
    how about the 6'9" with no shoes Andre Drummond?
    Last edited by palangi; 02-09-2016 at 08:45 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you pigeon holing him to only center so you can be right? I figured he is more a stretch 4. But if that's what you want.

bismack Biyambo 6'9" center
    kevin seraphine 6'9" center
    how about the 6'9" with no shoes Andre Drummond?
    The reason why I am not considering him a PF is because the post you quoted was saying that unless is becomes consistent at playing PF (shooting efficiently from outside and rebounding), he'd be undersized. That's no different from saying that CJ McCollum is undersized and having you post the heights of PGs.

And finding two centers who have struggled due to not having the size to compensate for their lack of other skills and then misrepresenting Drummond's height (which you probably got from a measurement taken when he was still a teenager), isn't helping your case.

Lalanne can certainly overcome being 6-9 if he shows he can play PF consistently. Or he could do it if his production at the C holds and is combined with strong defense. But the guy being an 11/8 player shooting in the 30s from three isn't tearing the d-league up. I've never once said he doesn't have NBA potential. I like him quite a bit, as anyone who paid attention to ST during the draft knows. But he hasn't been good enough in Austin this year to put into the the plans for SA going forward. He just hasn't, and no one taking offense on his behalf is going to change that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason why I am not considering him a PF is because the post you quoted was saying that unless is becomes consistent at playing PF (shooting efficiently from outside and rebounding), he'd be undersized. That's no different from saying that CJ McCollum is undersized and having you post the heights of PGs.

And finding two centers who have struggled due to not having the size to compensate for their lack of other skills and then misrepresenting Drummond's height (which you probably got from a measurement taken when he was still a teenager), isn't helping your case.

Lalanne can certainly overcome being 6-9 if he shows he can play PF consistently. Or he could do it if his production at the C holds and is combined with strong defense. But the guy being an 11/8 player shooting in the 30s from three isn't tearing the d-league up. I've never once said he doesn't have NBA potential. I like him quite a bit, as anyone who paid attention to ST during the draft knows. But he hasn't been good enough in Austin this year to put into the the plans for SA going forward. He just hasn't, and no one taking offense on his behalf is going to change that.
    Just going off Drummond height when going into the draft. Sorry I don't have a measuring tape on hand to get this direct moment height.
    I see Lalanne as a stretch 4. In shoes Lalanne is probably a 6'10 guy.
    Biyombo is getting 20 minutes a night in Toronto. That's not really struggling. I don't think Lalanne is more than that either. Not every prospect I'd an all star but there are spots on a roster for guys like him.

but since you want to shoot those down in your effort to remain right. How about 6'9" Al Horford CENTER

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the 6'9" al Jefferson? Center and a 7'2" wingspan.

lalanne 7'5" wingspan makes up for that coveted 1" you seem to think makes him undersized.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'9" Tristan Thompson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about the 6'9" al Jefferson? Center and a 7'2" wingspan.

lalanne 7'5" wingspan makes up for that coveted 1" you seem to think makes him undersized.
    6'9" Tristan Thompson.
    These are guys with at least one elite NBA level skill. Currently Lalanne doesn't have one even average skill.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are guys with at least one elite NBA level skill. Currently Lalanne doesn't have one even average skill.
    not even average?

i'd say 36% from 3 as a 4man is average atleast?
    7.8 rebounds a game is average at least?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    listen I'm not saying Lalanne is some future star. But he has some skills to be a 4th big man. He has some skills to be a rotational guy. Not every guy needs to be an all star.

Thread Information