Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to the Suns. Just means he was never serious about winning.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morrii/Tucker/Goodwin and either Cleveland 1st/Miami 1st or Phoenix 1st/Bogdanovic.

Present this to Blazers and say, you can net some productive frontcourt players at two positions of need longterm for just 12 per year plus net three prospects/1sts and trade Aldridge to Phoenix or let him walk for nothing to San Antonio.
    Marcus Morris sucks, why would they want that scrub? Markieff is nice though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Portland can be proactive, since they own bird rights and can sign him for a year more for more money. Similarly, in the Suns sign/trade scenario, that extra year and total of money matters. Yes, Spurs can outright sign him to a 4-year MAX. Via Sign/Trade Suns could offer 5-year Max, and offer Portland a bundle for Aldridge. Spurs aren't offering 5-year Max, nor helping Portland recover with multiple 1sts and quality-priced young players.

So, yes, Spurs are in drivers seat, but both Portland and Phoenix can offer more money, more years.
    Only Portland can offer more money or more years. There is no five year sign and trade under this CBA. And Marcus Morris and PJ Tucker are , why would they want them? Archie Goodwin isn't much of a prospect either. Why is Portland taking Phoenix's crap when it's going to cost them a lot of money? That's not how sign and trades work.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Marcus Morris sucks, why would they want that scrub? Markieff is nice though.
    Scrub is harsh. Dude puts up 16-7 on quality percentages per 36 at the bargain rate of 4 million per year for the next 4/5 years.

He's not anything more than a quality role player, but that's his price range. And he's still young enough to become a stronger distance shooter.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Only Portland can offer more money or more years. There is no five year sign and trade under this CBA. And Marcus Morris and PJ Tucker are , why would they want them? Archie Goodwin isn't much of a prospect either. Why is Portland taking Phoenix's crap when it's going to cost them a lot of money? That's not how sign and trades work.
    Didn't know that about the new CBA and sign/trades.

That's stupid.

As for Tucker, there's a team option to buy him out ,Suns can include cash toncover it, and the post above discusses what Morris can do in starters minutes for a great price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrub is harsh. Dude puts up 16-7 on quality percentages per 36 at the bargain rate of 4 million per year for the next 4/5 years.

He's not anything more than a quality role player, but that's his price range. And he's still young enough to become a stronger distance shooter.
    I was worried about Phoenix when I thought they were going to dump Bledsoe, since the Cavs would trade them Haywood's contract in a second. But moving that much salary without anyone very good in it should be a lot harder.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's going to the Suns. Just means he was never serious about winning.

He ain't serious about winning with you either, Rob. You, YOU'RE serious about winning. And you'll hold his hand thru the tumult and tell him what to do. And the most important part? He'll listen and do exactly as he is told.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know that about the new CBA and sign/trades.

That's stupid.

As for Tucker, there's a team option to buy him out ,Suns can include cash toncover it, and the post above discusses what Morris can do in starters minutes for a great price.
    The owners pushed for it to stack the deck even more in their favor in retaining the guys they draft. Scrub Morris shooting 43% isn't all that efficient.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The owners pushed for it to stack the deck even more in their favor in retaining the guys they draft. Scrub Morris shooting 43% isn't all that efficient.
    ...or, beating the out of the local gentry either.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    37% 3-point last two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    37% 3-point last two years.
    I'll be absolutely floored if Aldridge ends up there. Seems like it's a Spurs/Blazer coinflip.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I get that, but never underestimate vanity, and premium put on being the highest paid, unquestioned #1, not just in stats and minutes and touches but in perception, and the lure of being the man to win a le-starved fan base a le rather than be viewed as another cog in the system of Pop/Duncan for a le-expecting fanbase.

Aldridge can't get either with San Antonio, and Lillard has surpassed him in Portland.

Factor in never having to play C short of multiple injuries in Phoenix thanks to Chandler, Len, Leuer, and I can see why many think Suns have a chance.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe Chandler got another big payday. Guy looked finished as a legit starter, in the Playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Nice to see everyone still cares so much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe Chandler got another big payday. Guy looked finished as a legit starter, in the Playoffs.
    it was the entire mavs team that looked done in the playoffs thanks to that son of a named Rondo who literally killed our chemistry. TC ain't no longer dominant defensively as he was in his prime but he's still a decent player stat-wise imho, dude shot .666 from the field last season, the highest FG% barring only 2011-2012 season in which he was named defensive player of the year. And he averaged 11.5 rebounds, the 3rd highest in his career and even higher than 2010-2011 season. Age and injury count against his value though. He's kinda lucky to get such a contract but let's not pretend like he is not a good player on the court, and don't forget he matched up with Dwight Howard in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA-O will be injured most of the season, doesn't matter where he goes.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    LMA-O will be injured most of the season, doesn't matter where he goes.
    He's going to Phoenix where over 30 year old injury cases find the fountain of youth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to Phoenix where over 30 year old injury cases find the fountain of youth.
    What would draw him to Phoenix? You really think he's itching to play with Bledsoe, Gerald Green, Brandon Knight and Chandler? He can probably get further being back in Portland than if he joined that team.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    What would draw him to Phoenix? You really think he's itching to play with Bledsoe, Gerald Green, Brandon Knight and Chandler? He can probably get further being back in Portland than if he joined that team.
    I was talking about Chandler.

As for Aldridge, I get why he wouldn't, but most here are straight up Spurs homers who, if it doesn't fit their Spurs ideal, can't fathom anything.

Leonard is quality, I'd give anything to have him rather than Marfieff.

But is he truly a cornerstone? We've never seen him on his own independent from Duncan, Parker, Manu, Pops. They won't always be here. And we've seen how the Spurs system, like the Suns of a decade ago, maximizing fit and talent and elevates play, where even a fat Boris Diaw can go from waived afterthought to Finals starter.

While Phoenix has concerns, the Spurs seem like hitching a ride in the Blues Mobile a block away from it collapsing into a steam wreck. Phoenix has young talent, lots of prospects and picks for roster flexibility. And a GM and coach who were voted top-2 in NBA just a full season ago. They have a nice plan on paper and can offer something Spurs can't: being the unfettered, unquestioned face of a franchise; the true #1 in both stats and perception. As a Spur he'll always just be another talented cog used to get Duncan a le, an admission the Spurs used to sell San Antonio to LMA. Phoenix sold him on being a hero, exalted by the masses as the guy who brought a le-starved city its first NBA le.

You may not get vanity and pride, but it seems the Suns execs do.

It's not the guarantee at any place. But the Suns offer arguably the better future.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Why would LMA want to play in a town with a team that will be geriatric in 1-2 years? that. He should go to a team where the core is in the 23-25 age range and will be on the rise for years. And we won't beat him up by having him play the 5.

Come to Babby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would LMA want to play in a town with a team that will be geriatric in 1-2 years? that. He should go to a team where the core is in the 23-25 age range and will be on the rise for years. And we won't beat him up by having him play the 5.

Come to Babby!
    Are you selling the Suns?

I'd rather sit through a cold call.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    ^naruto luvin' got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Because playing with an ancient Manu Ginobili and his dad, Tim Duncan, is so much more enticing?

Of course there are sub 37 year old players on the Spurs such as Fat Tony and Kahwi "I have the personality of a wet mop" Leonard. Those are the guys who might still be around in two seasons.

And then theres the fact that San Antonio, as a city, is basically a giant version of Tucson, Arizona.

So, yeah, I understand his dilemma.

Thread Information