Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The local ESPN feed 98.7 had Bucher on moments ago and asked him if it were a foregone conclusion that LMA was locked into San Antonio. Not verbatim, but, LMA is doing the grand tour to be courted, but, that he is being advised by his people that once Duncan/Manu/Parker/Pop retire he won't have a pot to piss in and the proverbial window to throw it out of. If he stays in Holidayland, gets a haircut and doesn't wear the flag patch on his jacket will be better off.

Bucher came off as committed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The local ESPN feed 98.7 had Bucher on moments ago and asked him if it were a foregone conclusion that LMA was locked into San Antonio. Not verbatim, but, LMA is doing the grand tour to be courted, but, that he is being advised by his people that once Duncan/Manu/Parker/Pop retire he won't have a pot to piss in and the proverbial window to throw it out of. If he stays in Holidayland, gets a haircut and doesn't wear the flag patch on his jacket will be better off.

he sucks. Hasnt been strongly connected in years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Makes no sense. Kawhi and Green are the selling points for LMA, not fat ass Parker and certainly not an about to retire Manu. Duncan is also somewhat of a selling point, since has a 2 good years left and Aldridge would know that they can make a serious run in that time frame. Pop is also going nowhere for the next few years.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I thought Pop said he was leaving as soon as Duncan retires?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Makes no sense. Kawhi and Green are the selling points for LMA, not fat ass Parker and certainly not an about to retire Manu. Duncan is also somewhat of a selling point, since has a 2 good years left and Aldridge would know that they can make a serious run in that time frame. Pop is also going nowhere for the next few years.

Whats two good years when you coast the whole season on the strength of your team

# got

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

He'd be a fool to sign in SA.....and doomed I might add..they would have a 1 yr window at best and then its over..they have no upside and no fututre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could have stayed in Portland with Lillard and Batum... and made more money. LMA is looking for a team to carry him while he does the bare minimum.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's the company line. Your rests in Duncan, Parker, Manu and Pop. What you're referencing is projection.

It is a strong hypothesis, and you know it, Midst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be a fool to sign in SA.....and doomed I might add..they would have a 1 yr window at best and then its over..they have no upside and no fututre
    We have a 23 year old Finals MVP and DPOY. One of the best 3 and D players in the league who is still young. And the best FO in basketball that knows how to build rosters.

All the Lakers have is the guy in your sig who shot 39% against the top 80 NCAA defenses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could have stayed in Portland with Lillard and Batum... and made more money. LMA is looking for a team to carry him while he does the bare minimum.
    Him and Lillard don't get along.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tim & Amy didn't get along and look where that le.....bad example.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We have a 23 year old Finals MVP and DPOY. One of the best 3 and D players in the league who is still young. And the best FO in basketball that knows how to build rosters.
    You got Duncan, Parker, Mono and Pop. That's what you got.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    thats not true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread trying so hard for that paragraph seem official but then had to throw in his old "pot to piss in" to give himself away trying to be the LMA TMZ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong. What we got won a Finals MVP and a DPOY. Manu and Parker ain't been selling points for 4 seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs 5 bench players would beat the Lakers starters in a series in 5 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread trying so hard for that paragraph seem official but then had to throw in his old "pot to piss in" to give himself away trying to be the LMA TMZ.
    You can listen as well. 98.7 has a website where you can listen in.

http://arizonasports.com/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wrong. What we got won a Finals MVP and a DPOY. Manu and Parker ain't been selling points for 4 seasons.
    You're splittin' hairs, Midst. Don't do it. I have you this time. Don't revert.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Pop said he was leaving as soon as Duncan retires?
    Pop signed a contract extension last summer. Even if he retires from coaching in 2-3 years, he'll still be president of operations like Riley. By then maybe Bud or Brown comes back. Pop has mentored many current and former coaches. Won't be hard for him to pick a successor.

The Spurs will have the best window to win in the next couple of years and that is also Aldridge's last couple of prime years. What happens after that is speculation. Spurs do have a 24 yr old FMVP and DPOY on their team that's locked up. They have Green who is also locked up in a friendly contract. In a few years, Parker's contract won't seem so bad and the Spurs should still have loads of cap space. Spurs can win now and have pieces for the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop signed a contract extension last summer. Even if he retires from coaching in 2-3 years, he'll still be president of operations like Riley. By then maybe Bud or Brown comes back. Pop has mentored many current and former coaches. Won't be hard for him to pick a successor.

The Spurs will have the best window to win in the next couple of years and that is also Aldridge's last couple of prime years. What happens after that is speculation. Spurs do have a 24 yr old FMVP and DPOY on their team that's locked up. They have Green who is also locked up in a friendly contract. In a few years, Parker's contract won't seem so bad and the Spurs should still have loads of cap space. Spurs can win now and have pieces for the future.
    He's not an all-star... not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What prompted this thread? Did the Lakeshow strike out on Tyson Chandler too?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What prompted this thread?
    A ray of hope that you may not get LMA.

Thread Information