Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sac dumping Thompson on Philly...home of centers.....Thoughts? Werent Spurs interested at one time?
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m4 minutes ago Sacramento is trading Jason Thompson and Carl Landry as part of a salary dump to the Philadelphia 76ers, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. Stauskus too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is a broken beanpole
    But he spaces the floor.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes can pro get more in europe i''m guessing. We can't lowball him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes can pro get more in europe i''m guessing. We can't lowball him
    Sure can't. I think he still has a lot of upside. With decent minutes there is no reason he can't be a 15 ppg, 10 reb, and 2 blks guy. He's as good of back C as there is in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he spaces the floor.......
    Haa..ya the floor of the ICU

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Backup 5 is not a worry. The Warriors just won a championship with a 6'5" C. Given the amount of smallball we'll be playing we'll only need a 4th big for about 10mins a night, and we'll be able to find someone to plug that hole.

Oh, and Timmy won't be playing "20-22 mins". He'll play 28-32 when he plays, and sit 10 games against easy beats. Have you people not been paying attention?
    How do you play alot of small ball if 2 of your best players are TD and LMA? Small ball works best when your best players are smalls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw to start C, back up Bonner... easy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA hesitant now and possibly siding with Suns because they have a true Center in Chandler... one report

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small ball seems to be the way to go when it gets tough in the playoffs these days, but without a good big man rotation the Spurs will not secure a good seed to get into the playoffs ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there any updates on Baynes / CoJo / Bonner? We know Bellinelli is gone, but if they're willing to play for the minimum, I could see all of those guys coming back for depth purposes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We better get him cause if Bayne walks we are screwed at the center position
    We could bring Nikola Milutinov over sooner than expected.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA hesitant now and possibly siding with Suns because they have a true Center in Chandler... one report
    Seriously, if he's so stupid that he signs with Phoenix, I won't even be mad. I'll just enjoy watching him not make the playoffs every year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, if he's so stupid that he signs with Phoenix, I won't even be mad. I'll just enjoy watching him not make the playoffs every year.
    This.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best part is that these tweets give Suns fans hope and then dashes it or gives them a player that doesn't make them a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My source says Baynes will come back for less unless someone offers him stupidly high money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how I feel with Tim being our best defensive big. P&R defense is gonna be a pain to watch.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is a broken beanpole
    And he isn't even close to being a center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how I feel with Tim being our best defensive big. P&R defense is gonna be a pain to watch.
    True. We'll need to add some complementary pieces. With the loss of depth and learning curve for LMA, we actually might take a short term step back. But signing Danny, Kawhi and getting LMA (if it happens) are setting us up well for the future.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could bring Nikola Milutinov over sooner than expected.
    I am hoping for, and expecting some sort of solution out of left field like this. Small ball is not a full-time solution. I don't want to watch them overplay Tim, and Baynes is not a good rim protector. Bertans is a no. Lorbek has no defensive praise supporting that suggestion. Cady is long in wingspan and showed some shot-blocking predilection, but hard to imagine a second round rookie power forward getting any PT at center under Pop, but who knows. Milutinov is long, and a decent offensive rebounder they say. Maybe he could come over early, be coached up on D, but it just seems unrealistic given Pop's usual penchants. I would hope for that. But, I am guessing an old vet for the minimum, or a younger cast off Ayres type, or a foreigner like the Mexican they were looking at last year if Baynes fell through. Something unexpected, anyway, with our draft picks or bringing someone else in. I just don't see them standing pat having moved Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is it finally time?????

He's only 35!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Baynes, and think he could start for some teams, but with LMA and Duncan, I feel we need a more mobile backup center with shot blocking skills. Does not need to shoot a lick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line: if Aldridge is signed using cap space, then the Spurs won't be able to offer Baynes more than the minimum. That probably won't get it done. I'm assuming that the room exception will be used for Manu.
    Is signing LMA with cap space a foregone conclusion? Still unear why a sign and trade with Portland (assuming they're onboard) can't work.

For example, if the Blazers think they can extract something of value from the Warriors to dump David Lee, wouldn't the trade exception be useful?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is signing LMA with cap space a foregone conclusion? Still unear why a sign and trade with Portland (assuming they're onboard) can't work.

For example, if the Blazers think they can extract something of value from the Warriors to dump David Lee, wouldn't the trade exception be useful?
    The S&T option pretty much sailed with the Splitter trade. If we do an S&T that creates a huge TE for Portland, which I believe is what you're suggesting, then the Spurs would still have to create the cap space to absorb Aldridge's contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they get LMA, Greg Smith or Dalembert could be options to sign for the minimum to fill in some depth at the C position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My source says Baynes will come back for less unless someone offers him stupidly high money
    He's gone... signed with Pistons for $20m http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...hree-Year-Deal

Thread Information