Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THe same articles citing him wanting to play for a contender point out he would have to play for vet minimum on either team. Dubs just pretty much maxed green and have curry and Thompson paid. They have as much wiggle as us. Doubt it comes down to money, it'll be who he thinks is the better team and who has a position for him to play.
    Maybe even less.

"#Even if GSW moved D. Lee to a team with room to create a TE. Still not allowed to take West back in s/t. GSW payroll is at $100m now."

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THe same articles citing him wanting to play for a contender point out he would have to play for vet minimum on either team. Dubs just pretty much maxed green and have curry and Thompson paid. They have as much wiggle as us. Doubt it comes down to money, it'll be who he thinks is the better team and who has a position for him to play.
    West probably saw that neither team would be able to pay him anything, so he makes a public statement about how he would sacrifice everything to win, then the losers show up with their checkbooks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is a baller. Fights and leaves it all on the court. Great leader and emotional boost. If anyone gets him for the min, they get a huge deal.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is a baller. Fights and leaves it all on the court. Great leader and emotional boost. If anyone gets him for the min, they get a huge deal.
    West will make it clear in the presser when he signs with Detroit that he did not mean league minimum when he said he'd take a huge pay cut.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West is looking more like the Spurs' plan C now that Monroe is gone. They can give him a chunk of the cap space if Aldridge didn't sign. Highly doubt West plays for the minimum. Maybe if Ginobili retires, he can get the room exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the minimum? Sure, will be much better than Baynes, Ayers and Bon-Bon combined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the source is real, and the comments are real, then that's the only option he has. I won't be surprised either way. If he gets upped for the Knicks, or mins with the dubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take tough guy West over softie Aldridge any day. Let's take West and maybe Koufus or that guy we drafted.

If Spurs get Aldridge, who then will be the center?

It doesn't matter how good Splitter is, if he's wearing street clothes and nursing an owie. And I'll take a guy who comes up big in the post-season any day, over a guy who shrinks.

Just saying that West would likely be available more, and do more when it counts. The Spurs (and their fans) measure success by rings, not regular season W's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I would take West in a heart beat. I would even take him over LA so we could have enough money to replace Erorrs with a center and need to replace Bell with a SG with good handles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West would be a great Spur.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately West is about 5 years too late but I'd say for 10 minutes a night he could hit a few jumpers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be a pretty awful one at this point. There's really no way to recover from losing LMA and trading Splitter. Not unless something unforeseen happens. Even if the Spurs get Monroe or Kanter (which I would support), I'd think they're done.
    Robin Lopez would replace everything Splitter did for us, likely has fewer injury issues and is 3 years younger. A straight up swap for those two wouldn't be a bad result.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robin Lopez would replace everything Splitter did for us, likely has fewer injury issues and is 3 years younger. A straight up swap for those two wouldn't be a bad result.
    Lopez and Splitter aren't very similar at all. I don't think Robin and Tim can play together, especially considering the two don't have chemistry. Plus, Lopez will likely cost more, which affects the team's ability to add a solid PF after Tim leaves.

Lopez and West is decent (they're still not contenders with that), but Lopez on his own wouldn't be an improvement at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also there's no reason he'd HAVE to play for the minimum on the Warriors, they still have the MLE it would just cost them a fortune in tax.

They could dump Lee and sign West for the MLE which would cut their payroll by $10m. I just don't see why they need West when Speights is basically the same player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lopez and Splitter aren't very similar at all. I don't think Robin and Tim can play together, especially considering the two don't have chemistry. Plus, Lopez will likely cost more, which affects the team's ability to add a solid PF after Tim leaves.

Lopez and West is decent (they're still not contenders with that), but Lopez on his own wouldn't be an improvement at all.
    Sure Lopez would cost around $12m, but if we don't have Aldridges max on the books we will still have room to add someone in 2016 or huge space in 2017, although without Aldridge I don't rate our chances of landing a marquee free agent.

Even if Aldridge is earning his the max next year, we'll still have $14m in cap room to add someone. Even if you include any non-guaranteed bonus Timmy gets after retiring (~$3m) that's still healthy room to add someone. With Lopez we'd have closer to $20m next summer which would likely be enough for Horford.

I guess we're not going to agree about Lopez, but he can defend just as well as Splitter which is all we'd need him to do. There's no big man in the league who can't play next to Tim IMO, he's so versatile.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking down the remaining free agents, some good choices:

Koufos
    Jeremy Lin
    Scola
    Teletovic
    Bargani
    Alan Anderson
    Gary Neal
    Tayshaun Prince
    KJ McDaniels
    JJ Barea
    Omri Casspi
    Xavier Henry
    Rashard Lewis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ McDaniels is an interesting one, I'd certainly take him for the minimum although I assume it'd be matched

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking down the remaining free agents, some good choices:

Koufos
    Jeremy Lin
    Scola
    Teletovic
    Bargani
    Alan Anderson
    Gary Neal
    Tayshaun Prince
    KJ McDaniels
    JJ Barea
    Omri Casspi
    Xavier Henry
    Rashard Lewis
    Out of that list only 4 strike me as being something the Spurs would chase... Koufos, Teletovic, Bag and Alan Anderson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would look at Some of the young pieces the magic have like OQuinn. Maybe overpay Tobias Harris and then sign West?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure Lopez would cost around $12m, but if we don't have Aldridges max on the books we will still have room to add someone in 2016 or huge space in 2017, although without Aldridge I don't rate our chances of landing a marquee free agent.
    Did you include Diaw's full salary in that calculation? I think there's a great chance he's not around if the team is looking for a marquee guy. Same with Manu and Tim. If the Spurs bring back Parker/Green/Leonard/LMA/Tim and Patty, Manu and Diaw, I don't think they're looking for a $20 Million guy.

Even if Aldridge is earning his the max next year, we'll still have $14m in cap room to add someone. Even if you include any non-guaranteed bonus Timmy gets after retiring (~$3m) that's still healthy room to add someone. With Lopez we'd have closer to $20m next summer which would likely be enough for Horford.
    I don't think that's enough for Horford. Millsap just got $19 Million-plus. Best I could see them doing with that space is maxing out Terrance Jones.

There's no big man in the league who can't play next to Tim IMO, he's so versatile
    I simply don't know where that belief comes from.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of that list only 4 strike me as being something the Spurs would chase... Koufos, Teletovic, Bag and Alan Anderson
    Well most of these guys hopefully are minimum deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West in a cheap contract is a no-brainer deal.

And I'm positive that Spurs fans would fall in love after 5 games. I'd rather have him than Millsap tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West in a cheap contract is a no-brainer deal.

And I'm positive that Spurs fans would fall in love after 5 games. I'd rather have him than Millsap tbh.
    do it, pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you include Diaw's full salary in that calculation? I think there's a great chance he's not around if the team is looking for a marquee guy. Same with Manu and Tim. If the Spurs bring back Parker/Green/Leonard/LMA/Tim and Patty, Manu and Diaw, I don't think they're looking for a $20 Million guy.

I don't think that's enough for Horford. Millsap just got $19 Million-plus. Best I could see them doing with that space is maxing out Terrance Jones.
    I included Diaws full salary. Obviously it's too soon to put a real figure on it as we don't know any contract details but for 2016 I've got Kawhi at $17m, Danny at $11m and Timmy making $3m (his 50% guarantee after retirement). Boris is still at $6.5m although he's only $3m guaranteed so we could squeeze out more space that way if needed. Throw in Anderson, Mills, a couple of first rounders and Lopez at $12m and we'd have $19m in room. Waive Diaw and we're at $22m, $3m under Hordfords max, but if we're not bringing in Aldridge we might as well pay Timmy $9m straight up this year and get to $25m space next summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want a good chance at winning a championship next year you sign the dude. We lost Baynes and probably loose CoJo, Bell. and Hopefully Errors. Waiting for Princes is pissing me off

Thread Information