My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Predictions:

Carolina 10-6
    Atlanta 9-7
    New Orleans 8-8
    Tampa 6-10
    I need some analysis for your predictions.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Key Additions:
    Max Unger
    CJ Spiller
    Brandon Browner
    Dennell Ellerbe

Key Losses:
    Jimmy Graham
    Kenny Stills
    Curtis Lofton
    Pierre Thomas

Rookies that need to contribute:
    Andrus Peat
    Hau'oli Kikaha

Players returning from injury that need to be stars:
    Brandon Cooks
    Jairus Byrd

Keys to the season:

Rob Ryan's defensive improvement. Last year's first 2 games were 2 losses because of Ryan's defense unable to get 1 stop at the end of games. We could have gotten out of the gates at 2-0 and momentum, instead we were 0-2 and could never get over the hump.

Sean Payton's willingness to stick to game plans in which he focused on building the team around this offseason, which is slowing the game down, pounding the ball more, and not asking an aging Brees to have to throw for 350 yards and put up 30 points to win games anymore.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Predictions:

Carolina 10-6
    Atlanta 9-7
    New Orleans 8-8
    Tampa 6-10

I'd be pretty surprised if the birds finish with a winning record. saints lost graham and were already in the toilet last season with him and brees' old ass is falling apart more each year. The Sucs aren't even worth mentioning especially now that they're gonna fall apart with Rapeis runnign the show. What we saw at the end of last season is this division the next few years. Cam and Luke are gonna run train for the foreseeable future. Only the seahawks have a chance at keeping us out of the superbowl, IMO

PS where are all the other panther fans besides us?
    Last edited by SuperCam; 07-02-2015 at 05:53 PM.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Checkin In:

Bucs analysis upcoming...

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    The Bucs season will ultimately come down to whether or not Jameis Winston can handle the pressure of being an NFL QB. Is he going to be closer to Cam Newton or closer to Johnny Football? The only thing that makes me think he can at least keep his head above water is the fact that he has a couple decent skill-players around him. Vincent Jackson is a veteran, Doug Martin (even though I'm not 100% sold on the guy), and I'm really liking what I've seen from Mike Evans. That kid is going to be a stud one day, and it will probably be with another team. Patriots always are scooping up our best guys.......those mother ers.

Defense is the key. And it's not looking good once again. I was expecting more from Jonathan Banks...the kid is just not getting the scheme. Tackling is another big problem. Last year way too many 2-3 yard runs became 10 yard runs because our linebackers couldn't tackle anybody. Mason Foster was always hurt and has since signed with the Bears. Pretty much leaves Lavonte David and that's it. Don't even get me started on our D-Line...it's in shambles.

The Schedule:

I'm going 5-11
    Last edited by Silver&Black; 07-02-2015 at 09:54 PM.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Predictions:

Carolina 10-6
    Atlanta 9-7
    New Orleans 8-8
    Tampa 6-10
    0 le Contenders

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Bucs season will ultimately come down to whether or not Jameis Winston can handle the pressure of being an NFL QB. Is he going to be closer to Cam Newton or closer to Johnny Football?
    Manziel was successful running circles in the pocket. Winston is the most prepared young QB since Andrew Luck. He will be fine

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Manziel was successful running circles in the pocket. Winston is the most prepared young QB since Andrew Luck. He will be fine
    Taken with a grain of salt...only because you're the ultimate Winston fanboi. I'm sure you understand.

BTW...I hope you're right.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Chinook

What do you think about the Bucs this year? Is Winston going to survive in this league? The schedule doesn't look too bad at all.

Curious to see your thoughts...

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Taken with a grain of salt...only because you're the ultimate Winston fanboi. I'm sure you understand.

BTW...I hope you're right.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Key Losses:
    Jimmy Graham
    This has me worried. As you know...Jimmy Graham was a 3rd and short machine. Who's going to step up and be that guy? Sorry but I'm glad to see him go...dude has been torching my Bucs waaaaayyyyyy too many times. Also, curious to see what Colston still has left in the tank.

Rookies that need to contribute:
    Andrus Peat
    I really like this pick. I didn't think Peat would drop to the Saints at 13. A lot of "experts" had the guy going top 5-top 10 early in the draft process. I remember talking to spurraider21 about him. We came to the conclusion that he must have had some type of "mystery injury" that we all didn't know about. Anyways, I still love the pick. When he was on his game at Stanford he was an immovable object. The guy will give Brees more time in the pocket...and that's bad for the rest of the NFC South.

You guys still have the best QB in the division...I'm not counting you guys out.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    My write-up from the Panthers thread

Predicted starting line-up and good back-ups going into 2015:

QB: Cam Newton
    RB: Jonathan Stewart, Cam Artis-Payne
    FB: Mike Tolbert
    WR1: Kevin Benjamin, Jerricho Cotchrey, Philly Brown
    WR2: Devin Funchess, Stephen Hill, Ted Ginn Jr.
    TE: Greg Olsen, Ed son
    LT: Michael Oher
    LG: Andrew Norwell
    C: Ryan Kalil
    RG: Trai Turner
    RT: Mike Rimmers/Daryl Williams

Analysis: Most knew what the Panthers bring to the table every Sunday, with the Panthers running game being the main focus, and this year might not be much different. With Cam, Jonathan Stewart, and Mike Tolbert leading the way, the Panthers might not miss DeAngelo Williams as much as expected. That also could be true thanks to the emergence of Cam Artis-Payne during the OTA's. Payne was argued to be a big-time draft steal, and the Panthers believe he will produce immediately. He will also be wearing the famous #34 that DeAngelo wore during his career. The Panthers are also hoping to build on the late season passing attack that Cam showed after struggling in the mid-season with injury and an inexperienced O-line. The Panthers picked up Devin Funchess in the second round, another big 6'5 receiver that has impressed in OTA's as well. The receiver race is the biggest watch during training camp, as the Panthers picked up several additions that made their corp go from below average, to pretty deep. After Benjamin, Funchess and Cotchrey, there is a 4-5 main race for the final positions. Although it was clear at first Ted Ginn making his return to Carolina after a career high year two years ago would have the spot, Stephen Hill has made huge plays during OTA's to think he will make the roster. On the O-line, Oher at LT is the biggest question mark. The Panthers, however, feel very comfortable on the OL, due to the experience the young linemen had during last years post-season run. Daryl Williams, rookie out of OU, looks to challenge for the RT spot, as the right side is actually fairly strong for Carolina this year.

Grade: B

If Carolina can stay healthy (particularly Jonathan Stewart) there is no reason to think Carolina can't excel in the NFC South and finish with a 10-6 or 11-5 record.

LE: Charles Johnson
    DT: Kawann Short, Colin Cole
    DT: Star Loutilelei, Dwan Edwards
    RE: Frank Alexander, Kony Ealy
    WLB: Shaq Thompson
    MLB: Luke Kuechly
    SLB: Thomas Davis
    CB: Josh Norman, Melvin White
    CB: Charles Tillman, Ben Benwikere
    SS: Roman Harper, Robert Lester
    FS: Tre Boston

Analysis: There's no secret that Carolina's front 7 is the key to their team, and this year will be no different. The D-line and LB's had 40 sacks last year, in a "down" year. They struggled early in the year, but really put it together in the final 9 weeks after it was clear Greg Hardy wouldn't be returning. The biggest question mark is a RE, finding out who will replace Hardy. So far Frank Alexander, who missed 12 games last year due to suspension will have the spot. Kony Ealy, second year out of Missou, is also finding his groove. At LB, the Panthers somehow got stronger, drafting athletic LB Shaq Thompson, who can also come in at safety like a Kam Chance-type player. At DB, the Panthers have struggled the past couple years. However, towards the end of the year rookies Melvin White, Tre Boston, and Bene Benwik really strived and helped the Panthers make the post-season. The Panthers signed Charles "Peanut" Tillman from the Bears this off-season, and they believe he can show production at the number 2 CB. Josh Norman is looking to break out into the elite CB status, after a fantastic year. He held #1 WR's to just over 50 yards per game last year including Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, etc. Bene Benwik excelled last year, but they believe would be better suited as a nickle this year. Tre Boston is a promising prospect for Carolina at safety. Roman Harper is on the hot seat, after a mediocre year last year, as there are players fighting him for his position. He did lead Carolina in INT's last year.

Grade: A-

Carolina's D has always been one of the top D's, but with the addition of Shaq Thompson and the young CB group showing promise towards the end of the year, there's no reason to think Carolina cannot maintain a top 5 D going into the next season.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Just like all your pro teams.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Good chit NLS. You don't think though that Bene has earned a starting spot based on how he stepped up at the end of last season?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Chinook

What do you think about the Bucs this year? Is Winston going to survive in this league? The schedule doesn't look too bad at all.

Curious to see your thoughts...
    I'm curious about the OL. Lovie hasn't been able to keep a good one historically, and I don't see why it would be much better now. DE is also a huge question mark for the Bucs. If the lines hold up, they obviously have the other pieces to make noise. I think Winston will be fine if he's not running for his life. They have a ton of talent catching the ball and running. On D, they have David and McCoy obviously and the guys next to them (Carter especially) seem like great complimentary pieces. Really intrigued by Swearinger getting picked up. Little worried about corner, as I'm not sure that they same guys they had last year will improve as much as they need to.

The NFC South was abysmal last year, so I definitely think the Bucs can make a run. On talent alone, they're at least tied for first with NO. But they're young, and I don't know if they'll put it all together, especially this season. It's gonna be fun, though.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    I'm curious about the OL. Lovie hasn't been able to keep a good one historically, and I don't see why it would be much better now. DE is also a huge question mark for the Bucs. If the lines hold up, they obviously have the other pieces to make noise. I think Winston will be fine if he's not running for his life. They have a ton of talent catching the ball and running. On D, they have David and McCoy obviously and the guys next to them (Carter especially) seem like great complimentary pieces. Really intrigued by Swearinger getting picked up. Little worried about corner, as I'm not sure that they same guys they had last year will improve as much as they need to.

The NFC South was abysmal last year, so I definitely think the Bucs can make a run. On talent alone, they're at least tied for first with NO. But they're young, and I don't know if they'll put it all together, especially this season. It's gonna be fun, though.
    Thanks for the input

Glad to get a little relief from the LMA mania and talk some football...

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Good chit NLS. You don't think though that Bene has earned a starting spot based on how he stepped up at the end of last season?
    I think he is, but people close to the organization say they view him as a nickel and I doubt they signed Peanut to come in as a back-up.. He was solid when playing according to Chicago fans

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I need some analysis for your predictions.
    I'm on my phone so I can't be very in depth. I think Tampa will be compe ive and take a good step! NO will stay a float but I don't think they have enough pieces to contend.. Especially defensively. And I think AtL will be usual ATL... Great passing game overall mediocrity.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    One of dem 6 loses is coming by the way of the Seahawks! You should win the NFC South this year though. Don't see the NFC South being as urrible as last year's.

Believe.
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Week 9 we get to see Scam Newton and his parade of Panthers come into town and come out feeling humiliated.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Great. CB C.J. Wilson pulls a JPP and blows off two of his fingers. We've already got plenty of defensive backs that play like they only have 8 fingers...

Thankfully, he's a 3rd string guy....he won't be missed that much. Only played in a few games IIRC.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Week 9 we get to see Scam Newton and his parade of Panthers come into town and come out feeling humiliated.
    Can't wait to see our LB core put rodgers on his ass! But from what i understand, he likes that. Do you think he sucks before, or after games? Or maybe both? His totally legit I swear im not a girlfriend is the biggest beard i've ever seen

Believe.
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Can't wait to see our LB core put rodgers on his ass! But from what i understand, he likes that. Do you think he sucks before, or after games? Or maybe both? His totally legit I swear im not a girlfriend is the biggest beard i've ever seen

From what I know your got ass franchise hasn't won anything or done anything that is interesting. Yeah I'll take Green Bay's new and improved linebacking core anyday over your overrated squad. Just remember "Riverboat" is your coach LOL.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Yeah I'll take Green Bay's new and improved linebacking core anyday over your overrated
    First,

second, you enjoying our old nut sweat as your "improved core" lol Peppers ain't without the silver and grey

Thread Information