Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Blake, I hope you and your partner are able to find someone else to issue your marriage license.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol Baptist minister giving her a plaque honoring her for her fight. I wonder if she'll have to give it back when she finally gives in

Those are some weird sideburns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with boo. Just fire her. No one gives a anyway.
    You give enough of a to give your opinion

Because she is an elected official, only the legislature can remove her in an impeachment, which no one expects to happen. But Daniel J. Canon, one of the attorneys for the couples who filed suit to get their marriage licenses, told me that "she could be removed if she were criminally prosecuted for something," which would mean the judge finding her in contempt of his order and possibly even sending her to jail (as unlikely as that might be)...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8054238

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Blake, I hope you and your partner are able to find someone else to issue your marriage license.
    Darrin drops mic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — The Supreme Court on Monday ruled against the Kentucky county clerk who has refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses, and the clerk will arrive at work Tuesday morning to face her moment of truth.Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis will have to choose whether to issue marriage licenses, defying her Christian conviction, or continue to refuse them, defying a federal judge who could pummel her with fines or order that she be hauled off to jail...."
    The obvious solution is the resign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aw yeah....she stood her ground this morning

MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — A county clerk in Kentucky has again refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, invoking her religious beliefs and "God's authority" — this time in defiance of a U.S. Supreme Court ruling against her.

On Tuesday morning, Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis' office denied the licenses to at least two couples. At first, Davis was in her office with the door closed and blinds drawn. But she emerged a few minutes later, telling the couples and the activists gathered there that her office is continuing to deny the licenses "under God's authority."

Davis asked David Moore and David Ermold, a couple who has been rejected four times by her office, to leave. They refused, surrounded by reporters and cameras.

"We're not leaving until we have a license," Ermold said.

"Then you're going to have a long day," Davis told him.

From the back of the room, Davis' supporters said: "Praise the Lord! ... Stand your ground."

Other activists shouted that Davis is a bigot and told her: "Do your job."...

high entertainment level tbh imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Biblical Christian Taliban Reconstructionist bull , the ONLY authorities are the Bible, the church, the family.

Govt, if anywhere, comes next. iow, Christ's very own words Render Unto Caesar becomes inoperative

btw, an article pointed out how these assholes use the Bible selectively to support their prejudice and hate.

Where is the Repug/Fox/Christian hater Taliban BIBLICAL OUTRAGE! over Ashley Madison?

Maybe a bunch of the Holy Rollers have ed, been ing, gonna somebody else's spouse?

"Do Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Wife" is also INOPERATIVE, overridden by your gonadal urges?

Selectively obey, interpret the 10 Commandments as you wish?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin, is it your own phobia that makes you think this is a cool message board insult?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kentucky?

Chubby has probably been issuing licenses to brothers and sisters and first cousins for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is absurd. If you don't want to carry out the ministerial duties of an elected office, then don't seek election to the office. If you're going to seek election to the office, accept that you may have to do things that you don't agree with because they are ministerial duties of the office.

The bas ization of cons utional concepts to achieve political ends is remarkably non-cons utional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not doing her job? fire her.
    Completely agree... How could they even let this turn into a big story? They should have fired her on the spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    double post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a process to impeach her apparently

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is absurd. If you don't want to carry out the ministerial duties of an elected office, then don't seek election to the office. If you're going to seek election to the office, accept that you may have to do things that you don't agree with because they are ministerial duties of the office.

The bas ization of cons utional concepts to achieve political ends is remarkably non-cons utional.
    When she sought the election giving s a certificate wasn't a thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When she sought the election giving s a certificate wasn't a thing.
    It is now. When you seek office, it doesn't come with a guarantee that your responsibilities will never change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh I dunno. I'm ok with her running for office and subsequently standing her ground if new changes go into effect that force her to do something she doesn't think is morally right.

I'm also ok with impeaching her for not rolling with the change.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could they even let this turn into a big story?
    ... very probably because the person/people with the authority to fire her agrees with, or at least sympathizes with, this poor persecuted Christian hater.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-01-2015 at 11:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She has a hearing with her deputies on Thursday. Da the deputies do? The s brought her up on contempt charges but only want her fined not jailed. For the love of all that is holy please send her to the slammer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

David and David.

And David.

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would be the funniest karma the clerk could run into?
    Like lets say these guys were like Patty and Selma and worked for the DMV and Kentucky Clerk really needed something stamped and they refused.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She has a hearing with her deputies on Thursday. Da the deputies do? The s brought her up on contempt charges but only want her fined not jailed. For the love of all that is holy please send her to the slammer.
    MOREHEAD, Ky. (AP) — The latest on a Kentucky county clerk who has refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses despite a U.S. Supreme Court ruling against her (all times local):11:20 a.m.

An attorney says the Kentucky clerk who won't issue marriage licenses and all her deputy clerks have been called for a federal court hearing Thursday morning.

Rowan County Attorney Cecil Watkins says the federal court alerted him that a hearing is scheduled for 11 a.m. Thursday in Ashland.Watkins says clerk Kim Davis is summoned to attend, along with all the deputy clerks who work in her office.Davis stopped issuing licenses in the days after the U.S. Supreme Court legalized gay marriage. A federal judge ordered her to issue them, and an appeals court upheld that decision. Still, she turned away couples.

The Supreme Court declined to intervene on Monday, leaving Davis no legal grounds to refuse. But her office turned away several couples Tuesday morning. Davis invoked "God's authority" in doing so.
    http://news.yahoo.com/latest-no-marr...121500253.html

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amusing when people think they're Rosa Parks and they're actually George Wallace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amusing when people think they're Rosa Parks and they're actually George Wallace.
    Bigotry now, bigotry tomorrow, bigotry forever!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would be the funniest karma the clerk could run into?
    Like lets say these guys were like Patty and Selma and worked for the DMV and Kentucky Clerk really needed something stamped and they refused.
    Then she'd have to go to a different office which would take like half a day

Thread Information