Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He may not be able to feed his kids on 7 milli
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial
    Isn't this guy still getting paid from the Pistons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop making fun of the less fortunate you insensitive son of a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont understand guys like him and prime RJ who can beat guys off the dribble and attack the rim for a dunk...

yet they settle for jumpers and rest is history...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Josh Smith. If only the clippers weren't so racist. That Donald Sterling guy needs to go.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He must spoil his family rotten, I guess his mom can't have that RR phantom she wanted.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Cliche's are going to cliche.

Wonder what he spent it on? 1 mansion for everyday of the month?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I guess insurance on Italian sports cars and property taxes on mansions are expensive.

Anyone care to to make a donation to the help Josh's family fund?????
    Last edited by TXstbobcat; 07-26-2015 at 06:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #blacklivesmatter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If money was such an issue, why not stay with Houston, where the cost of living was so much less expensive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    him, my salary is hard on my family!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn these dudes don't know how lucky they are. 7 mm and dudes think they are struggling. Reminds me of Sprewell. Finances must be out of wack.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Sprewell turned down 21m / 3 years to retire. Is likely bankrupt by now

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    If money was such an issue, why not stay with Houston, where the cost of living was so much less expensive.
    Yep. He wanted more playing time, as he would have split time with Jones, Motiejunas, Harrell, and Capela. Doc sold him on playing more. But he shouldn't complain about money when Houston offered the BLE.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stop making fun of the less fortunate you insensitive son of a
    Everyone of your posts...shut the up

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Lockets paid Rin 8m/yr on average yet didn't even give him a mid-level contract. I'm pretty sure he could've easily got a mid-level deal (instead of vet minimum), or probably even more from a marginal playoff team who had cap space, given his solid performances in the 2015 playoffs as a Locket. Son of a wanted to join monkeyball's bandwagon and now he's complaining about paycheck, what a trash. made player joining made franchise, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone of your posts...shut the up

Chill w/ that Michael Sam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smith just providing another example of why athletes are usually broke 5-10 years after they stop pulling in those mega checks. How do these guys not plan for the fact that they play a game for a living and eventually, they're athleticism is going to decline and their pay is gonna go right down with it.

One would think with that $80M in career earnings, dude could have afforded to hire a financial adviser.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Damn these dudes don't know how lucky they are. 7 mm and dudes think they are struggling. Reminds me of Sprewell. Finances must be out of wack.
    What I'd do for 1 million, let alone 7 million. I'd be fresh out of debt, that much is for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Smith just providing another example of why athletes are usually broke 5-10 years after they stop pulling in those mega checks. How do these guys not plan for the fact that they play a game for a living and eventually, they're athleticism is going to decline and their pay is gonna go right down with it.

One would think with that $80M in career earnings, dude could have afforded to hire a financial adviser.
    It's not as if you still can't be taken advantage of, white collar criminals target athletes, especially those who lack lots of education and financial literacy which is at least 50% of them. The key for athletes is that you don't change your lifestyle and live pretty much exactly as you would if you were the store manager at Wal-Mart. For years, most of them didn't think about the fact that their career earnings, while abnormally high, also last for a short time, anywhere from about 1-20 years. Hopefully the "Broke" do entary started waking people up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I truly know the meaning of white privilege...........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not as if you still can't be taken advantage of, white collar criminals target athletes, especially those who lack lots of education and financial literacy which is at least 50% of them. The key for athletes is that you don't change your lifestyle and live pretty much exactly as you would if you were the store manager at Wal-Mart. For years, most of them didn't think about the fact that their career earnings, while abnormally high, also last for a short time, anywhere from about 1-20 years. Hopefully the "Broke" do entary started waking people up.
    Yeah, that was an excellent 30 For 30. Really eye opening and insightful, and really goes to show how these guys can blow through what most people would consider a lifetime nest-egg. Especially the lower tier guys making $1M-$2M a year but trying to keep up with the lifestyles of the ones making $10M-$20M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesnt he only have 1 kid...how much does he need or feeding his kid or family?

dont t ell me they using 100 dollar bills as toilet paper and ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats why you hire 2 independent financial advisors acting as fiduciarys, an accountant, and a lawyer and create a system of oversight.... You can create a pretty fail proof system quite easily.... But if these guys blow through money like this hey probably don't have the sense to care.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Some come from impoverished backgrounds and naturally want to give back but you have to secure yourself. And it has to be tough saying no to all of your hanger-oner's, not to mention the random leeches looking for ways to spend your money.

Thats why you hire 2 independent financial advisors acting as fiduciarys, an accountant, and a lawyer and create a system of oversight.... You can create a pretty fail proof system quite easily.... But if these guys blow through money like this hey probably don't have the sense to care.
    Didn't you just see what happened to Tim Duncan? He thought he had people checking on people that were also checking on people. It's a cut throat sociopathic world, which is why you live as if you work as the store manager at Best Buy.

Thread Information