My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, if golf and tennis get their own threads, this should too

Let's go Team Sky!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andre Greipel (Lotto-Soudal) takes victory in the second stage, narrowly ahead of Peter Sagan (Tinkoff-Saxo), Fabian Cancellara (Trek) and Mark Cavendish (Quick Step).

Cancellara takes the yellow jersey from Tyler Farrar. Has a handy gap over other GC contenders.

The finish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joaquim Rodriguez of Katusha wins the 3rd stage narrowly ahead of Chris Froome of Team Sky.

Chris Froome takes the yellow jersey for Team Sky, 1 second ahead of Tony Martin of Etixx-Quick Step!

Leader of the race and yellow jersey holder until now Fabian Cancellara was involved in a huge crash, which injured him and saw him relinquish the yellow jersey. It is unclear whether he will be able to continue on. His chances of winning are over after finishing 10 minutes behind the winner of the stage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Martin of Etixx-Quick Step wins stage 4, after a fantastic breakaway with 3km to go, leaving the likes of Peter Sagan stranded. Despite having a relatively good day, finishing at the front of the main pack, Chris Froome relinquishes the yellow jersey to Tony Martin after having only worn it for one day. Froome of course won't be worried, there's a long way to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    isnt there bad blood between froome and martin? i remember both were on the same team once...and each one of them had the chance to win it upto the final stage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    isnt there bad blood between froome and martin? i remember both were on the same team once...and each one of them had the chance to win it upto the final stage
    Don't know if they were ever on the same team as each other, as for bad blood, Froome has a lot of enemies that he makes during stages with his elbows-out style of riding..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andre Greipel (Lotto Soudal) wins his second stage of the tour, winning stage 5 ahead of Mark Cavendish (Etixx-Quick Step). Tony Martin retains the yellow jersey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zdenek Stybar (Etixx-Quick Step) wins stage 6. The big story however was a crash within the final kilometre involving 2014 winner Vincenzo Nibali (Astana) and yellow jersey holder Tony Martin (Etixx-Quick Step). Martin looked injured and may be the second rider already to retire after a crash in yellow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Cavendish (Etixx-Quick Step) finally wins a stage, taking stage 7 ahead of Andre Greipel (Lotto-Soudal). Chris Froome (Sky) reclaims the yellow jersey following Tony Martin's retirement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First French win of the Tour. Alexis Vuillermoz (AG2R-La Mondiale) won stage 8 ahead of Dan Martin (Cannondale-Garmin). Froome continues to hold the yellow jersey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BMC win the team time trial by only a second, beating out Team Sky. Froome still holds yellow. Big loser of the day is Alberto Contador of Tinkoff-Saxo, losing 27 seconds in the overall standings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Froome storms to victory for Team Sky in stage 10, followed home by fellow Team Sky rider Richie Porte. Froome has opened up a chasm between him and his nearest rival TJ Van Garderen of 2 minutes 52 seconds. Contador has fallen 4 minutes behind. Froome also gains the Polka Dot Jersey for winning the first mountain stage, but it will be worn by Richie Porte because of Froome already wearing yellow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Froome storms to victory for Team Sky in stage 10, followed home by fellow Team Sky rider Richie Porte. Froome has opened up a chasm between him and his nearest rival TJ Van Garderen of 2 minutes 52 seconds. Contador has fallen 4 minutes behind. Froome also gains the Polka Dot Jersey for winning the first mountain stage, but it will be worn by Richie Porte because of Froome already wearing yellow.

That was an amazing performance by Froome. just took off around the 7 km point and never looked back. Originally I thought he had taken off too early but what do I know.

Quintana tried to hold on and minimize the damage but Porte nicked him towards and got the extra bonus seconds that were going to go to Quintana. Team Sky just dominated today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was an amazing performance by Froome. just took off around the 7 km point and never looked back. Originally I thought he had taken off too early but what do I know.

Quintana tried to hold on and minimize the damage but Porte nicked him towards and got the extra bonus seconds that were going to go to Quintana. Team Sky just dominated today.
    It's rare that someone wearing yellow would take such risks, but Froome has always had the ability to make a break for it on the mountain stages. With another solid performance today, it is certainly Froome's to lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rafal Majka (Tinkoff-Saxo) wins stage 11, 1 minute ahead of Dan Martin (Cannondale Garmin). Froome and Contador finish with equal times, 5 minutes 21 seconds behind Majka. Majka is not in contention for overall GC victory, so the time lost is of no concern to the main contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joaquim Rodriguez (Katusha) wins his second stage of the Tour in stage 12 ahead of Jakob Fuglsang (Astana) by 1 minute 12 seconds. Froome loses no time and remains in yellow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greg Van Avarmaet (BMC) wins stage 13 narrowly ahead of Peter Sagan (Tinkoff-Saxo). Froome loses no time again and stays in yellow.

Thread Information