Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...gas-or-seattle

The Milwaukee Bucks are a young, promising team that has a devoted fan base throughout the state of Wisconsin. However, Bucks president Peter Feigen believes that the NBA will take control and move the team out of state if the Wisconsin legislature doesn't approve $250 million in public financing to help build a new arena in downtown Milwaukee.

From the Milwaukee Business Journal:

Milwaukee Bucks president Peter Feigin told Wisconsin lawmakers Monday that time was of the essence in approving $250 million in public funding for the proposed arena in downtown Milwaukee or the NBA will move the team to another city.

At an informational hearing held by the state Legislature's Joint Finance Committee, Feigin said the Bucks owners' purchase agreement for the team includes a provision that construction of a new arena start in 2015. If that does not occur, he said the NBA will buy back the team for a $25 million profit and move them to "Las Vegas or Seattle."

Feigin said the team needed to start construction by October or November to avoid the NBA starting a process of seeking buyers for the team. The team's lease at the BMO Harris Bradley Center expires in 2017, he said.

I personally think they should just double up in Chicago if at all possible, they wouldn't leave the fanbase behind very far if at all and even some season ticket holders live within driving distance of Chicago and some fans in the metro area.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seattle, I hope the Bucks string those gots along just like the Kings did.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Im all for a move west if it shifts Memphis East where they belong.

Though I bet Phoenix gets ed and moved into Southwest division to accommodate geography of the situation.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Though I bet Phoenix gets ed and moved into Southwest division to accommodate geography of the situation.
    they'll probably move okc to the sw actually

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Which western team would switch to the east when the Bucks completed this move?

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Hopefully the Grizz. I'd like us to at least make a token Finals appearance at some point in the franchise's history.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    they'll probably move okc to the sw actually
    Good.

Mods ruined spurstalk!!!! Walter Donovan's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MOVE TO SEATTLE AND BECOME THE SONICS.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah and please hire Ray Allen as the headcoach since dude has played for both the Sonics and Bucks.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    If the Bucks moved to Las Vegas, i don't think those players would even want to show up to games. Shieeeet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who gives a ?

We just got LMA and Team Leader David West

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boilerplate relocation threat material.

Expect the Milwaukee arena to be built.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those gots in Seattle don't deserve another team. Vegas is the only choice.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Las Vega$ Buck$

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, been awhile since LV has come up... in fact since the Sonics left Seattle, tbh. LV is not a sports city, it's a fun center. They should move the bucks to Green Bay. , build a retractable roof for Lambeau so there will no longer be any excuse to freeze A-Rod's testicles in -9 degree playoff games.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Memphis? Why wouldn't it be New Orleans or even Minnesota, who is within easy driving distance of Chicago (and FWIW, Milwaukee though that wouldn't matter)?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MOVE TO SEATTLE AND BECOME THE SONICS.
    They already have the color scheme to match the Sonics historical one.

Boilerplate relocation threat material.

Expect the Milwaukee arena to be built.
    Like I said, move them to Chicago, it can support 2 teams and the current fanbase would still be able to make every home game if dedicated enough.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mother ers. Let 'em build it if they want to. Ain't nobody stoppin' 'em. Stop by city hall get the building permit, go to Home Depot on the way out, get a shovel and start diggin'. "We're" always getting threatened if we don't come up with the money. "You'll be part of it, "we're" in this together. It'll be your stadium too." you.

This in' bas here, owner of the D'Backs, actually lamenting on local radio a fan(s) he saw at the stadium that "we" built this hump:::"The problem, John (98.7) talk show host who's interviewing this MF'er....the problem is the fans won't spend money on the extras. I've watched many men and women sit down in those seats, open up their purses/pockets and take out a tuna fish sandwich and a plastic bottle of water. We can't make money that way." That in' animal. 20 years ago they begged to have us taxed to build that in' thing. "Oh, it'll be your's too. I promise."

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dale, you alright?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    they could be called the las vegas high rollers.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Memphis? Why wouldn't it be New Orleans or even Minnesota, who is within easy driving distance of Chicago.
    You do realize Memphis is East of the Mississippi River?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You do realize Memphis is East of the Mississippi River?
    So is New Orleans. But either team would be viable movers to the East.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    So is New Orleans. But either team would be viable movers to the East.
    I do know this. I answered his "why Memphis!" Inquiry.

New Orleans could be it to solve the western hoard of stars. Send Davis east.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I do know this. I answered his "why Memphis!" Inquiry.

New Orleans could be it to solve the western hoard of stars. Send Davis east.
    Balance out the West and East indeed.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It'll probably be Vegas since they have a ready-made NBA arena either under construction or already finished and Seattle doesn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mother ers. Let 'em build it if they want to. Ain't nobody stoppin' 'em. Stop by city hall get the building permit, go to Home Depot on the way out, get a shovel and start diggin'. "We're" always getting threatened if we don't come up with the money. "You'll be part of it, "we're" in this together. It'll be your stadium too." you.

This in' bas here, owner of the D'Backs, actually lamenting on local radio a fan(s) he saw at the stadium that "we" built this hump:::"The problem, John (98.7) talk show host who's interviewing this MF'er....the problem is the fans won't spend money on the extras. I've watched many men and women sit down in those seats, open up their purses/pockets and take out a tuna fish sandwich and a plastic bottle of water. We can't make money that way." That in' animal. 20 years ago they begged to have us taxed to build that in' thing. "Oh, it'll be your's too. I promise."
    Couldn't agree more. I think Dale ate some truth pancakes over the 4 July weekend.

Thread Information