Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen some Serbian reports saying that even if he was a free agent, Red Star will get $500K. I see nothing wrong with Spurs paying a buyout to get him but I just hope his contractual situation is clear and that NBA will receive his FIBA's letter of clearance quickly to make the signing official.
    Spurs aren't especially in a rush but it would be nice to see the other signings that are on hold happening and not seeing a battle between agents/teams about a possible buyout.

It's too soon to start really worrying but if the signing isn't official tomorrow, there might have some kind of contractual troubles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen some Serbian reports saying that even if he was a free agent, Red Star will get $500K. I see nothing wrong with Spurs paying a buyout to get him but I just hope his contractual situation is clear and that NBA will receive his FIBA's letter of clearance quickly to make the signing official.
    Spurs aren't especially in a rush but it would be nice to see the other signings that are on hold happening and not seeing a battle between agents/teams about a possible buyout.

It's too soon to start really worrying but if the signing isn't official tomorrow, there might have some kind of contractual troubles.
    Is that 500K counted against our cap?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that 500K counted against our cap?
    It isn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool. Thanks for clarifying.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What his current team did not have is the passing abilities of guys like Manu and Boris. If you took highlights of the Spurs scoring in the last couple of years, you could say that they were mostly easy layups.

So when Marjanovic receives the ball in the Spurs offense... it will not because he's flanked with a lot of defenders and needs to make a difficult shot... it will because he can just simply lay it in. The argument that he's going to get blocked by someone is completely moot because that someone will not be in the play to be able to block it.
    Red Star had great PG (Marcus Williams) for European standards, but yes, he is not like Manu or Boris for sure. Marcus has the most assists in one Euroleague game (17ass). (If you want, you can see his skills http://youtu.be/Cf6ijr-kzuQ )
    Bobi should be thankful a lot to Marcus for this sign. Red Star fans were kidding that Bobi should give him 50% of his next contract.

Some assists for Bobi:
    http://youtu.be/MDFUbtrC7AI
    http://youtu.be/yaFkbCUhEEE
    http://youtu.be/mxjNjFIjLe8

And there are a lot of others...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's seems polished on offense. That should take care of itself.

But the Spurs will need to maximize his defensive potential. Everyone says he'll never be a rim protector, but the Spurs may need him to be with no other true 5 on the roster.

Some guys actually defend NBA bigs better than Euro bigs, even though the NBA bigs are generally better. It depends on how a player's game translates to the NBA style of play. I'm hopeful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red Star had great PG (Marcus Williams) for European standards, but yes, he is not like Manu or Boris for sure. Marcus has the most assists in one Euroleague game (17ass). (If you want, you can see his skills http://youtu.be/Cf6ijr-kzuQ )
    Bobi should be thankful a lot to Marcus for this sign. Red Star fans were kidding that Bobi should give him 50% of his next contract.

Some assists for Bobi:
    http://youtu.be/MDFUbtrC7AI
    http://youtu.be/yaFkbCUhEEE
    http://youtu.be/mxjNjFIjLe8

And there are a lot of others...
    Is that laptop-stealing Marcus Williams or U of A Marcus Williams? Or another one?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that laptop-stealing Marcus Williams or U of A Marcus Williams? Or another one?

Yes, laptop-stealing Marcus Maybe his buddy comes also in Zvezda, AJ Price. Perhaps they could rob a bank this time..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who needs selfie sticks???? Puny humans...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got it - like Chinook alluded to though - it's a risk. With it being only 1 year and him likely not getting minutes, Spurs will have to make a judgement to keep him next year - especially if he shows promise - with only likely limited minutes to go upon.
    They did largely the same thing with Fabricio Oberto. Although he was on a 2 year deal, he basically never played that entire first season. But after his second year they had to decide whether or not to resign him - and of course they did.

Thats actually when I first joined this forum. I remember advocating pretty hard for moving on from him in 2006. Glad I was totally wrong there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just realized we might see @DjokerNole at #spurs games now: found this pic: igcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot Novak, I want his wife at the games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at that lady on the far right, she looks like she's seen a giant..
    He probably shouldn't be wearing flip flops. But, we just have him for a year, right?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need that guy who was posting earlier who followed all of Bobans games to answer that one.
    Edit: Boban was born a few days before me.
    You're lucky you didn't get eaten.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we're calling it a "debacle" now?
    It was in the top two or three things that cost us a le defense, so I'll endorse debacle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marjanovic salary has appeared on realgm trade checker (they are usually accurate but not always). It shows about a $1.2M salary which is all the capspace Spurs have if they don't waive Reggie Williams (and Williams salary is still on their trade checker).

If it's confirmed that Spurs haven't waived Williams to sign Marjanovic, it gives them another way to get the shooter they seems to look for with a little trade. Spurs could get a player paid $1.9M or less with Williams non-guaranteed contract in a trade. It would be lowered at a $1.6M player once they did all their moves and become a taxpaying team.
    Spurs could also do a bigger trade with aggregating Williams with another player. For example, Williams and Anderson can bring back a $3.6M player.

Or maybe realgm trade checker is wrong, Williams will be waived and Marjanovic will sign for the reported $2M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got the center we need!

Yipppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll just think what I always do after sifting through a typical ST manifesto: I'll just defer to the FO's expertise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty much excited about the upcoming season

could be the best season of all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marjanovic salary has appeared on realgm trade checker (they are usually accurate but not always). It shows about a $1.2M salary which is all the capspace Spurs have if they don't waive Reggie Williams (and Williams salary is still on their trade checker).

If it's confirmed that Spurs haven't waived Williams to sign Marjanovic, it gives them another way to get the shooter they seems to look for with a little trade. Spurs could get a player paid $1.9M or less with Williams non-guaranteed contract in a trade. It would be lowered at a $1.6M player once they did all their moves and become a taxpaying team.
    Spurs could also do a bigger trade with aggregating Williams with another player. For example, Williams and Anderson can bring back a $3.6M player.

Or maybe realgm trade checker is wrong, Williams will be waived and Marjanovic will sign for the reported $2M.
    I think Williams may have already been waived..
    1. He was listed on the Grantland roster for the basketball tournament, but he secured a new deal
    2. On Instagram he thanked The Spurs and their Fans a couple weeks ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban Marjanovic, my pick for NBA Rookie of the Year!!

i dont care if he wins it or not, he is my ROY

yippppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee!

Go Spursssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marjanovic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember the initial report came out about him getting $2 million, and I couldn't tell whether it was just a spotty translation or what, but it sounded like just speculation based off the amount of cap space the Spurs have as opposed to a concrete fact about how much he was getting. I wouldn't be shocked if that initial figure wasn't accurate.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pozdrav!

In europe you can't find better center then Bobi.He is not just big he has skills.Toni-Bobi best tandem in NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Williams may have already been waived..
    1. He was listed on the Grantland roster for the basketball tournament, but he secured a new deal
    2. On Instagram he thanked The Spurs and their Fans a couple weeks ago
    You can't really "sneaky waive" a player. There is a full procedure (player put on waivers for 48 hours and then clearing waivers) attached to it.

Spurs might very well have told him that he wasn't part of their future and that he would be traded/waived this offseason but I highly doubt he has already been waived.

Thread Information