My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mejri was a huge reason why they won game 2 and was a significant positive when he was on the floor. Hes slow on the pnr, but Mejris height eliminated the Simple down screen actions they run for durant. His height was enough to bother durant. He was a huge reason why he went 7-33.

Boban is a ty rebonfer but so was mejri.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things:

1. Stop posting.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Boban could have a 2014 Baynes type impact in limited minutes but he can't play Mejri type minutes. Actually, West/Diaw has been worse than Lee/Dirk which is sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban won't get outrebounded like a children as David West did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban could have a 2014 Baynes type impact in limited minutes but he can't play Mejri type minutes. Actually, West/Diaw has been worse than Lee/Dirk which is sad.
    Yeah fkr sure. Mejri ayed like 30+ in game 2.

I was just talking about his positive impact and used mejri as a comaprison so posters can have a player to look to for how boban can play in an okc series defensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only watched a little bit of one game in that series so I don't know about Mejri or anything. I thought we'd see him more this series. But Pop has gone away from that and towards a lot of switching. Guys apparently could nor execute their assigned rotations on the PNR quick enough so he threw adifferent scheme out there.
    We shall see I am not opposed to more Boban.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop knows we are terrible at rebounding and yet doesnt do anything about it

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    apparently could nor execute their assigned rotations on the PNR quick enough so he threw adifferent scheme out there.
    The MAJOR issue that I saw was that Tim kept hedging up too high on the WestBrick/Adams PnR which is why Adams kept getting dunk after dunk in the 1st half.
    Solution: Just sag & give WestBrick a wide open 15 footer. Plus, help off Roberson rather than Ibaka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I troll most of the time talking about Boban. However he can rebound and actually score because of his sheer size, we got killed on 2nd chance points last night. If Boban can recover most of those rebounds that OKC took advantage of we are already in better shape even if he doesnt score. He almost makes players think twice about going to the rim. If Pop wants to experiment with him, play him for a couple minutes in the first half, maybe the 2nd quarter to see how it changes things. I dont know why Pop didnt play Duncan in the 4tg, perhaps to save him for game 5? I trust what Pop has planned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The MAJOR issue that I saw was that Tim kept hedging up too high on the WestBrick/Adams PnR which is why Adams kept getting dunk after dunk in the 1st half.
    Solution: Just sag & give WestBrick a wide open 15 footer. Plus, help off Roberson rather than Ibaka.
    Russ has been making his,midrange jumper if you sag off him no problem. I saw Tim and bigs unable to do anything with Russell but foul even giving him room. They are all too slow to make a decent contest without fouling. LMA was able to at least get to him but Russ still got his shots or rather in t this case, drew the help and dished. He still got the penetration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boban should be in but not when Adams is in. Adams lushes him around like a doll and I believe Boban is scared.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why people say Boban is a bad rebounder?

He makes bigs look like children when he gets offensive boards over them, and boxes out fairly well... Light years better than what Diaw does

https://youtu.be/2deeioJRhT0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bob an will get eaten alive on picknrolls. Any picknrolls involving kd or Westbrook and a big is going to be a nightmare. Bob an should not see the floor unless both kanter is out there and it's still a huge gamble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone will look like a decent rebounder compared to west and Diaw. Boban is an atrocious box out guy too though. Hes better than the two because he is taller but they all have the basic fundamental weakness.

One guy that doesnt reboubnd a lot but is respondible for a lot of theie teams rebound is Blake Griffin.

These s need to start watching Griffin and the art of boxing out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop knows we are terrible at rebounding and yet doesnt do anything about it
    Spurs were actually a great defensive rebounding team this year, OKC is just that much of a monster on the offensive glass. Kanter and Adams are excellent at offense rebounding. The West, Diaw pairing was never going to be a good rebounding unit. Diaw rebounds like a small forward and West has never been a dominant rebounder. Maybe Boban is an option, teams are probably wary of his size and would probably send extra men to crash the defensive glass to make sure he does not get put backs and offense rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bob an will get eaten alive on picknrolls. Any picknrolls involving kd or Westbrook and a big is going to be a nightmare. Bob an should not see the floor unless both kanter is out there and it's still a huge gamble.
    His lateral quickness is an issue, especially the further away from the basket he is. He needs to be near the basket like Duncan does to be effective. I am curious to see what his rim protection % is because he does seem to get scored on in at the rim at a decent clip., then again, he does block and alter shots too.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is true with respect to KD pick and rolls. With respect to RWB pick and rolls, Boban would be fine just sagging back in the paint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????Another one of your muslim friends?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Russ has been making his,midrange jumper if you sag off him no problem. I saw Tim and bigs unable to do anything with Russell but foul even giving him room. They are all too slow to make a decent contest without fouling. LMA was able to at least get to him but Russ still got his shots or rather in t this case, drew the help and dished. He still got the penetration.
    WestBrick made ONE midrange shot & ONE 3 pointer in Gm 4. (Actually, you want him to make a couple so he goes hero ball mode)

Outside of Gm 2, he has been ATROCIOUS from mid-range & he made contested 3s in Gm 4 which the defense will live with on every possession.

Besides, WestBrick drawn ZERO fouls against Tim in the ENTIRE series.(Most of his fouls have been on Adams)

Since he doesn't have a floater, Tim just stands outside the restricted area & force Westbrick to go around him for a layup which he misses so often. It's Durant that can score on Tim consistently b/c he has a floater & long ass arms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WestBrick made ONE midrange shot & ONE 3 pointer in Gm 4. (Actually, you want him to make a couple so he goes hero ball mode)

Outside of Gm 2, he has been ATROCIOUS from mid-range & he made contested 3s in Gm 4 which the defense will live with on every possession.

Besides, WestBrick drawn ZERO fouls against Tim in the ENTIRE series.(Most of his fouls have been on Adams)

Since he doesn't have a floater, Tim just stands outside the restricted area & force Westbrick to go around him for a layup which he misses so often. It's Durant that can score on Tim consistently b/c he has a floater & long ass arms.
    He was looking to dish in game 4. He made more in game 2 and I remember him going off in one of our RS games. He can get hot from the midrange but you are right in that out of everything he can do, letting him take a midrange shot is the least harmful. I feel like on If them is going to be doing damage. Kawhi can't be on both.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He was looking to dish in game 4. He made more in game 2 and I remember him going off in one of our RS games. He can get hot from the midrange but you are right in that out of everything he can do, letting him take a midrange shot is the least harmful. I feel like on If them is going to be doing damage. Kawhi can't be on both.
    By all means, WestBrick will be invited to chuck on every possession to take the ball out of Durant's hands.

Thread Information