Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Develop an outside game? He's hit 13 of 30 from deep. Sample size isn't big enough, but it's a positive trend.
    Exactly, right now he is just very selective when shooting from out which doesn't make it a strength. Needs to become a reliable outside shooter, "improve his handles" (this is the least likely) and add more strength to his solid frame. I love his hustle and athleticism, though....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said it before (mostly because they both wore #17 with the Spurs) but any time I see Simmons, he reminds me of Mario Elie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said it before (mostly because they both wore #17 with the Spurs) but any time I see Simmons, he reminds me of Mario Elie.
    Mario was never as athletic as Simmons. Mario however was very smart. Even in his younger days with Portland and Golden State he was a damn smart player.

The player I compare him to who's game he reminds me of is Stephen Jackson. Athletic. wild. can drive to the basket consistently, and have decent outside shots.

Given time he could become the next Jackson. his shot form though is just ugly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one mentioned the two offensive fouls he drew vs DAL. Seems like his positioning is betting better although he still needs to stop gambling so much and picking up cheap fouls. Only more game experience will fix that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, right now he is just very selective when shooting from out which doesn't make it a strength. Needs to become a reliable outside shooter, "improve his handles" (this is the least likely) and add more strength to his solid frame. I love his hustle and athleticism, though....
    Yeah, what I was saying is his shot isn't broken - just needs to become something he can turn to more reliably. Imagine having a fourth green light outside shooter to pair with Green/Leonard/Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one mentioned the two offensive fouls he drew vs DAL. Seems like his positioning is betting better although he still needs to stop gambling so much and picking up cheap fouls. Only more game experience will fix that.
    He's been awesome in paint help. covered up for boban as much as anyone could tonight. He's so athletic that he can get in position outside the circle quickly. Covers a lot of ground with his jumps. didn't draw charges tonight, but he covered for Boban a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

David West working as mentor to Simms ..I have been saying, ring or not, Pop might opt to keep West (over Boban ) in off season just for his leadership attributes..And that might be more urgent if Timmy/Manu vacate our locker room..Kawhi/LMA aren't there yet in that department and Tony is not exactly that distinguished....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree with D west. Needs to be resigned!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

David West working as mentor to Simms ..I have been saying, ring or not, Pop might opt to keep West (over Boban ) in off season just for his leadership attributes..And that might be more urgent if Timmy/Manu vacate our locker room..Kawhi/LMA aren't there yet in that department and Tony is not exactly that distinguished....
    Aldrige is in his 30s..hes never going to be there. My 5 year old niece speaks better than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...-antonio-spurs

found on Reddit. Most of us know his story but ESPN now picking it up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More props for Jonathon Simmons:

http://www.businessinsider.com/jonat...den-gem-2016-2

In the absence of Manu Ginobili (out with an injury), Simmons has stepped up, averaging 23 minutes per game, nine points, two rebounds, and two assists over the last three games. Additionally, he's formed himself into a sniper from beyond the arc, hitting 42% of his attempts from three this season, third best on the Spurs. As a result, when Simmons is on the floor, the Spurs' offensive rating jumps up three points and their effective field goal percentage rises from 53.6% to 56.4%.
    Last edited by ceperez; 02-10-2016 at 04:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green will be traded in the off season to make room for Simmons. Hopefully, for a promising PG of the future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always liked simmons. Spurs found themselves another gem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green will be traded in the off season to make room for Simmons. Hopefully, for a promising PG of the future.
    I love Simmons but no to this!!!!!! And besides there is no need bc Manu is soon to retire anyways. By th time Simmons needs to be reupped we vey likely don't have Manu anyways, so no.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance in .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way is this happening. If anything the team will be too busy trying to find a somewhat suitable replacement for the greatest player in franchise history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green ain't going anywhere short of slapping Pop.. he's bargain priced

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4/10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald @JMcDonald_SAEN
    Earl Watson was on Spurs' D-League staff in Austin. Said he recognized Jonathon Simmons' potential quickly ...

Jeff McDonald @JMcDonald_SAEN
    Watson said he told the Spurs if Simmons spent another season in the D-League, "he would have been MVP of the league."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd like to see West stay. And for him to get a little bump

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Jsimms stays longer than his 2 year contract now ala GaryNeal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Jsimms stays longer than his 2 year contract now ala GaryNeal
    I expect Simmons to become part of the Spurs TNG. And Kyle, too, to go along with Kawhi and LMA.

Thread Information