Page 362 of 433 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 10814
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Clear choice! And who would want this knowing the following have also been man of the year: Vladimir Putin, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin (twice!), etc. LOL
    Obama, Bill Clinton and Merkel have also been named Person of the Year. Are they all Hitler too?

Actually, everyone on the planet is Hitler by your logic:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POLL: AMERICANS FAVOR KEEPING AIR FORCE ONE AND CANCELLING TRUMP

NEW YORK — In a stunning rebuke of the President-elect, a new poll shows that a majority of Americans favor keeping Air Force One and cancelling Donald Trump.

According to the poll,

ninety-four per cent of Americans believe that Air Force One is qualified to be an airplane, while only twenty-one per cent feel that way about Trump as President.

When told that Air Force One has a mobile command center capable of launching a nuclear attack, a broad majority said that they would feel safer with Air Force One flying around with no one in it for four years than with Trump on board.

And, in perhaps the most troubling result for Trump,

if a Presidential election were held today, Air Force One would defeat him by seventeen points.

Appearing on CNN, Trump surrogate

Kellyanne Conway called the poll results “meaningless” and said that they would not prevent Trump from starting Twitter wars with other inanimate objects.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/poll-americans-favor-keeping-air-force-one-and-cancelling-trump

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's Air Force One tweet appears to be retaliation against Boeing for hurting his fee-fees

why did Donald Trump suddenly take to Twitter to denounce Boeing for an "out of control" "$4 billion" contract for a replacement Air Force One? TPM notes that it quite possibly could be a tantrum-fueled attempt to damage the company after Trump read earlier in the morning that someone at Boeing criticized him.

Google search (which is obviously an imperfect measure) suggests that the Tribune story was the only published mention of the [Boeing] speech in the last 24 hours prior to Trump's tweet.

It seems at least plausible that the Tribune story was the first or one of the first reports of the speech Trump or his team saw.

What appears to have happened is that earlier this morning, the Chicago Tribune published a story reporting that a Boeing executive had some skeptical things to say about Donald Trump. We already know that Trump obsessively scans the news for critical mentions of himself.

a mere twenty minutes or so after the Tribune story about a Boeing executive criticizing him was published, Trump suddenly found a strong opinion over one particular Boeing contract,

declared it "out of control," and demanded it be canceled.

The result was a new out-of-nowhere presidential demand, and a sudden nosedive for Boeing’s stock.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1...g-his-fee-fees

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama, Bill Clinton and Merkel have also been named Person of the Year. Are they all Hitler too?

Actually, everyone on the planet is Hitler by your logic:

Actually, that's not my logic at all. It's a meaningless and largely stupid list is my logic. That ridiculous cover further proves my point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dude doesnt even pay rent you piece of .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harry Reid on Trump: 'He's Not as Bad as I Thought He Would Be'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clear choice! And who would want this knowing the following have also been man of the year: Vladimir Putin, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin (twice!), etc. LOL
    Dubya Bush, obomba, etc

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a second time, judge won't toss Trump Florida golf club lawsuit

If President-elect Donald Trump thought he could waive a magic want and make all his legal troubles disappear after the election, he was wrong. On Wednesday a U.S. District Court Judge refused to toss a 2013 lawsuit against Trump National Golf Course in Jupiter, Florida.

Club members say Trump hasn’t returned an estimated $6 million to members of his country club off Donald Ross Road. Trump bought the club from the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club & Spa for $5 million in 2012.

When the Ritz owned it, deposits ranging from $35,000 to $210,000 were refundable. But once Trump bought the club, some club members say Trump changed the rules and refused to return their deposits.

This is the second time U.S. District Court Judge Kenneth Marra denied Trump’s request to throw out the case; he did so for the first time in July. The trial was held in August and judgement still awaits.

Donald Trump sent a Dec. 17, 2013, letter to club members that is a key piece of evidence in the case. In that letter, Trump said Ritz members could “opt in” to his new club, in exchange for agreeing their memberships were nonrefundable.

If members weren’t interested in opting in, and they remained on a club resignation list, Trump said he didn’t want them, anyway.

“You’re probably not going to be a very good club member … you’re out,” Trump wrote in the letter. “As the owner of the club, I do not want them to utilize the club nor do I want their dues.”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1...28Daily+Kos%29

Don The Con is a total s bag.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robert Reich: Trump is already abusing his power and acting like a two-bit dictator

No President or President-elect in history has ever before publicly condemned individual citizens for criticizing him. That occurs in two-bit dictatorships intent on stamping out dissent.

No President or President-elect has ever before bypassed the media and spoken directly to large numbers of his followers in order to disparage individual citizens who criticize him. That occurred in the fascist rallies of the 1930s.

America came closest to this in the 1950s when Senator Joseph McCarthy wrecked the lives of thousands of American citizens whom he arbitrarily and carelessly claimed were communists.

McCarthy’s reign of terror ended when a single man asked him publicly, during the televised hearings McCarthy was conducting, “have you no decency, sir?” In that moment, Americans began to see McCarthy for the tyrant he was.

McCarthy’s assistant was Roy Cohn, an attorney who perfected the art of character assassination.

Roy Cohn was also one of Donald J. Trump’s mentors.

Trump’s capricious use of power to denigrate and even endanger his critics must end. He is not yet our President.

When he becomes so, he will have far greater power. Our freedom and our democracy could be gravely jeopardized.

We must join together to condemn these acts. Has Trump no decency?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/robert-reich-trump-is-already-abusing-his-power-and-acting-like-a-two-bit-dictator/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Pussy grabbers have "decency"? Only if it's decent pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's totally beneath the office and he relies on personal intimidation (e.g., "I'm going to sue you!") to make-up for his extraordinary lack of actual problem solving and deal making ability... as well as his lack of decency.
    Last edited by DMX7; 12-09-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OBAMA SIGNS EXECUTIVE ORDER REQUIRING PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES TO BE TAXPAYER

WASHINGTON — Calling his action “long overdue,” President Barack Obama on Friday signed an executive order requiring that the President of the United States be a federal taxpayer.

The order, which makes a non-taxpayer ineligible to serve as President, goes into effect immediately.

“Since the President has such a large say in how federal taxes are spent, it only makes sense that he or she contribute to those taxes, too,”

he said, noting that all forty-three people who have served as President have been taxpayers.

The President urged people “not to read too much into the timing” of his executive order. “It just seemed like the right thing to do,” he said.

Obama’s action drew howls of protest from Republicans on Capitol Hill, including the House Speaker Paul Ryan.

“This is nothing less than an attack on the American dream of paying no taxes,” Ryan said.

The President, who brushed off that criticism, is reportedly

readying another executive order requiring Cabinet members to have held at least a summer job relevant to their posts.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/obama-signs-executive-order-requiring-president-of-united-states-to-be-taxpayer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the Answer Is That He Can't Divest

I've suggested that the whole notion of 'conflicts of interest' doesn't really capture what we're dealing with here, which is

really a pretty open effort to leverage the presidency to expand his family business.

But a couple things came together for me today which make me think we've all missed the real issue.

Maybe he
    can't divest because

he's too underwater to do so
    or

more likely he's too dependent on current and expanding cash flow to divest or even turn the reins over to someone else.

The idea that Trump is heavily leveraged and reliant on on-going cash flow to keep his business empire from coming apart and collapsing into bankruptcy was frequently discussed during the campaign.

Trump sold all of his stock back in June, a portfolio which his disclosures suggest was worth as much as $38 million. Trump told Matt Lauer that he sold the stock because he was confident he'd win and "would have a tremendous ... conflict of interest owning all of these different companies" while serving as President.

Now, c'mon.

Donald Trump sold off all his equities more than six months before he could become president because he was concerned about conflicts of interest? Please. That doesn't pass the laugh test.

The most obvious explanation is that forgiving that debt from his campaign required him — through whatever mix of contingencies — to free up more cash, either for the campaign or personal expenses or perhaps to have a certain amount of cash on hand because of terms of other debts. It does not seem plausible at all that the timing is coincidental.

A heavily leveraged business, one that is indebted and dependent on cash flow to keep everything moving forward, can be kind of like a shark. It has to keep moving forward or it dies.

More plausibly, and consistent with Trump's history over the last couple decades, Trump's business is dependent on an ever expanding number of deals not just to grow but to stay afloat at all.

It is certainly plausible that if Trump simply sold off his company in toto, he'd be in debt.

behavior, cir stantial evidence and lots of evidence of tight reliance on cash flow to service debts of various sorts suggest that Trump may not be able to divest or separate himself from his business.

Why doesn't he?

Why does he court all this controversy?

Because he can't.

If all this is true, the peril of Trump's foreign deals is larger than we may realize.

It's not just a matter of hitting the billionaire big time.

It could be a matter of staying afloat at all.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...e-can-t-divest

And of course, we know he's heavily indebted to
    Deutsche Bank fined $15B by US govt, and what about any debts to the Russian oligarchy?

Trash lets bosom buddy Pootin take the Baltics, or all of Ukraine, and Pootin gets "his" oligarchy to forgive debts to Trash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash can't get anybody to entertain at his inaugural celebrations, except thie kicker

Country star Garth Brooks in talks for Trump inaugural celebrations

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/country-star-garth-brooks-in-talks-for-trump-inaugural-celebrations/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Kid Rock? Nugent?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump biographer: Stop overestimating him — he’s a cross between a junkie and a hungry chicken

a scathing editorial published Friday, The Truth About Trump author Michael D’Antonio said that critics who think President-elect Donald Trump will behave with more maturity and gravitas when he takes office are missing the point.

“The President-elect probably cannot control himself,” D’Antonio wrote in the New York Daily News. “I interviewed him for six hours when writing a biography, and I mean that literally.”

Trump’s habit of teeing off on average Americans on Twitter, D’Antonio said, is symptomatic of

his bottomless desire for approval and attention and his inability to moderate his feelings when he feels that he is under attack.

“Long an advocate of responding ’10 times harder’ when his feelings are hurt — and they are very easily hurt — Trump has a tendency to strike with massive force without much concern for the size or vulnerability of the person in his sights,” D’Antonio said.

“I suspect this is because the pain he feels when criticized doesn’t depend on the source. No matter who speaks out, he cannot bear disapproval.”

This explains his tirade at Indiana labor official Chuck Jones, which has ultimately resulted in Jones receiving death threats against himself and his children thanks to Trump’s 17 million Twitter followers.

“Unseemly and irresponsible in a candidate, Trump’s overreactions are downright dangerous when they come from someone with the power he now possesses.

Besides the obvious danger that arises when a president or President-elect paints a rhetorical target on a citizen’s back, we have to consider the civic damage done when people are made afraid to speak their mind about a political leader,” D’Antonio said.

But like fellow Trump biographer Tony Schwartz — who ghost wrote Trump’s bestselling The Art of the Deal — D’Antonio said that Trump has no attention span for anything that does not directly pertain to his own greatness.

Schwartz called Trump
    “a living black hole” with the attention span of a “kindergartner.”

“It’s impossible to keep him focused on any topic, other than his own self-aggrandizement, for more than a few minutes,” Schwartz said.

D’Antonio likened Trump to a junkie whose drug is attention and the instant rush he gets from Twitter is too powerful a high for him to give up or even control his need for.

“Trump, who has long been addicted to attention, had found a new, super-potent form of it in social media. This hit was not only powerful; it was available in an endless supply that he could access at will,” he wrote.

He finished with a disturbing image of Trump as a mindless animal in a behavioral experiment.

“He no longer had to manipulate journalists and wait for them to act. He could tap out a few words and get what he wanted immediately.

It reminded me of psychologist B.F. Skinner’s experiments with chickens that learned to push a button with their beaks for the reward of a food pellet.

Once they had trained themselves, the birds couldn’t stop pecking even when the pellets no longer came and they injured themselves,” he said.

“Like Skinner’s animal subjects,” he concluded.

“Trump has learned to get what he wants. No matter who criticizes him, no matter the consequences, he will keep doing it.

Those who ask if he will stop scouring the press for evidence of enemies and using his power in an indiscriminate ways should stop thinking of him as a conventional politician and start looking at him as a chicken.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/trum...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump Admits To Grand Rapids Rally Crowd That “Lock her up!” Was A Big Lie

President-elect Donald Trump continued his "thank you" tour with a stop in Grand Rapids, Michigan, during which his crowd chanted their beloved, "Lock her up!" Only to be told by Trump, "That plays great before the election- now we don't care."

President-elect Donald Trump continued his “thank you” tour with a stop in Grand Rapids, Michigan, during which his crowd chanted their beloved, “Lock her up!” Only to be told by Trump, “That plays great before the election- now we don’t care.”This was pointed out by Alexandra Jaffe:

Alexandra Jaffe
    @ajjaffe

Whoa—chant of "lock her up!" from the crowd, Trump replies: "That plays great before the election – now we don’t care"
    6:52 PM - 9 Dec 2016

The crowd behind him rolled with the changes from their leader, even though this chant was repeated as a reason many of them just had to vote for a man who bragged about sexual assault and mocked a disabled reporter.

They were so worried about Hillary Clinton’s “crimes”, you see.
    Now, it’s all a big joke. LOL.

Some things never change though:

Alexandra Jaffe
    @ajjaffe

He adds the media never shows the crowd & they turn and boo press pen https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/807389221044490241 …

Donald Trump got their vote, and now as a thank you, he’s telling them LOL, we’re not locking Hillary up. They’re all fine with it, because anything Trump says goes.

Perfect Trump: Perfect middle finger as thank you but the best part is his base doesn’t even care.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/12/09/donald-trump-admits-lock-up-great-election-care.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&ut m_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politicu s+USA+%29

What Don The Con's supporters don't realize yet is how thoroughly he lied to them about everything, and how thoroughly he and the Repugs are going to screw them ASAP.

Maybe they won't care about getting screwed soon, since they've been voting for Repugs for 50 years of getting screwed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most active president-elect I've ever seen.

Trump isn't waiting for inauguration day. Job started November 9th.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Actually, he's still campaigning, his damaged ego addicted to the affirming, adulating roar of the crowd.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    He's doing great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How so? You consider this "thank you" tour actual productivity? And it was Pence who really negotiated the giant tax giveaway to Carrier.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How so? You consider this "thank you" tour actual productivity? And it was Pence who really negotiated the giant tax giveaway to Carrier.
    He is raising the morale of this country with this optimism of more job opportunities, tax cuts, and etc. He's got me pumped up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the "thank me tour 'cause I'm the greatest" is not productivity, it's just self-aggrandizing activity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting At the Bottom

Pew just published approval ratings for the last five presidents during their transition periods, with approval

a) for explaining their policies and plans and

b) for their cabinet choices. They are:

Bush 65/59,

Clinton 62/64, Bush 50/58,

Obama 72/71.

For Trump they are 41/40.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...+%28TPMNews%29

I'm pretty sure, based on their policies and "personnel = policy", that the Trash administration plus the Repug establishment (whom he was supposed to overthrow) will do nothing to America and to the world that will improve the approval. It will only get worse.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-12-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A president can destroy a private citizen by targeting them, but Trump doesn't care

Last year, an 18-year-old college student decided to participate in the political process at a New Hampshire town hall, where she had the nerve to challenge Donald Trump.

"So, maybe I'm wrong, maybe you can prove me wrong," said Lauren Batchelder, a student at St. Anselm College in Manchester. "But I don't think you're a friend to women."

How dare she! Naturally, Trump put his crooked little tweeters to work, writes Jenna Johnson.

The next morning, Trump fired back on Twitter — calling Batchelder

an “arrogant young woman”
    and

accusing her of being a “plant” from a rival campaign.

Her phone began ringing with callers leaving threatening messages that were often sexual in nature.

Her Facebook and email inboxes filled with similar messages.

As her addresses circulated on social media and her photo flashed on the news, she fled home to hide.

“I didn’t really know what anyone was going to do,” said Batchelder, now 19, who has never discussed her experience with a reporter until now. “

He was only going to tweet about it and that was it, but I didn’t really know what his supporters were going to do, and that to me was the scariest part.”

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/12/09/1609238/-A-president-can-destroy-a-private-citizen-by-targeting-them-but-Trump-doesn-t-care?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_cam paign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos%29

Trash, his ty wife and daughter, and his goons are pieces of worthless .
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-12-2016 at 12:48 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I gotta admit I keep coming back to this site to see what Boutons posts next. It is quite entertaining.

Thread Information