Page 429 of 433 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433 LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 10814
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Moyers: Renowned Psychiatrist Warns That Trump Is a Danger to Us All

"We have a duty to warn if someone may be dangerous to others."

There will not be a book published this fall more urgent, important, or controversial than The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump, the work of 27 psychiatrists, psychologists and mental health experts to assess President Trump’s mental health.

Are you putting your profession’s reputation at risk?

Robert Jay Lifton:

I don’t think so. I think the Goldwater Rule is a little ambiguous. We adhere to that portion of the Goldwater Rule that says we don’t see ourselves as making a definitive diagnosis in a formal way and we don’t believe that should be done, except by hands-on interviewing and studying of a person. But we take issue with the idea that therefore we can say nothing about Trump or any other public figure.

We have a perfect right to offer our opinion, and that’s where “duty to warn” comes in.

Moyers: Duty to warn?

Lifton:

We have a duty to warn on an individual basis if we are treating someone who may be dangerous to herself or to others — a duty to warn people who are in danger from that person. We feel it’s our duty to warn the country about the danger of this president.

If we think we have learned something about Donald Trump and his psychology that is dangerous to the country, yes, we have an obligation to say so.

We argue that

Trump’s difficult relationship to reality and

his inability to respond in an evenhanded way to a crisis renders him unfit

to be president, and we asked our elected representative to take steps to remove him from the presidency.

people who have no discernible mental illness — and that may be true of Trump — may not be able to serve, may be quite unfit.

So it isn’t always the question of a psychiatric diagnosis. It’s really a question of what psychological and other traits render one unfit or dangerous.

Lifton:

Yes. And that’s what I call

malignant normality.

What we put forward as self-evident and normal may be deeply dangerous and destructive.

I came to that idea in my work on the psychology of Nazi doctors — and I’m not equating anybody with Nazi doctors, but it’s the principle that prevails — and also with American psychologists who became architects of CIA torture during the Iraq War era.

These are forms of malignant normality.

For example,

Donald Trump lies repeatedly. We may come to see a president as liar as normal.

He also makes bombastic statements about nuclear weapons, for instance, which can then be seen as somehow normal.

In other words,

his behavior as president, with all those who defend his behavior in the administration, becomes a norm.

We have to contest it, because it is malignant normality

http://www.alternet.org/books/bill-m...-danger-us-all

Trash in ABnormal, he's malignant, as are ALL you Trash fellators recruited into Trash's malignant cult.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Fans Just Held The ‘Mother Of All Rallies’ On Capitol Hill And Got Upstaged By Clowns

Unicorn Riot @UR_Ninja

'Mother Of All Rallies' (#MOAR) that called for 'millions' to come show support for Pres. Trump, seems to have pulled a crowd of 1-200
    11:43 AM - Sep 16, 2017

====================

Will Sommer
    @willsommer

Checking out the pro-Trump #moar rally on the Mall. Maybe 150 ppl, some III%er militia, Proud Boys turnout
    9:42 AM - Sep 16, 2017

==================

The MAGA chuds were overshadowed by the March of the Juggalos, the fans of the “Insane Clown Posse” hip-hop group known for their clown face-paint, their love for Faygo soda, and
    their hatred for fascists and Confederates.

http://verifiedpolitics.com/trump-fans-just-held-mother-rallies-capitol-hill-got-upstaged-clowns/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's pile of tacky, classless piles higher and stinks worse every day

Trump shares GIF of himself striking Hillary Clinton in the back with a golf ball

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/09/17/trump-shares-gif-of-himself-striking-hillary-clinton-in-the-back-with-a-golf-ball/?undefined=&utm_term=.5ef6565da38b&wpisrc=nl_most& wpmm=1

And, y'all, his cult followers are just as ty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Was Right! Brits Had Arrested Suspected London Underground Bomber Two Weeks Earlier.
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/21179/...mpaign=dwbrand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's pile of tacky, classless piles higher and stinks worse every day

Trump shares GIF of himself striking Hillary Clinton in the back with a golf ball

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/09/17/trump-shares-gif-of-himself-striking-hillary-clinton-in-the-back-with-a-golf-ball/?undefined=&utm_term=.5ef6565da38b&wpisrc=nl_most& wpmm=1

And, y'all, his cult followers are just as ty
    Clinton is still bashing him and his base
    She knows he fights back

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opinion: Donald Trump Embodies The Dumbing Down Of America

A con man doesn't necessarily have to be very smart.

All that is required is to be smarter than the targets of his con.

Eight months into his presidency Donald Trump has provided proof positive that America is wrought with ignorance and epic stupidity.

Look no further than his voter base to unearth evidence of the erosion of our national IQ.

When all is said and done, America is a laughingstock because of the clown our citizens empowered.

To see past his deficiencies, you either would have to be blind or subscribe to the same beliefs.

In either case, it’s a terrible reflection on this country.

Our only hope is that enough people have been shaken from their slumber

and will cast informed, educated ballots

in the name of change and common sense for the future of us all.

RESIST….

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/09/17/opinion-donald-trump-embodies-dumbing-america.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed &utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Polit icus+USA+%29

Trash is the candidate of the oligarchy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    These kids just can't keep their handshakes off each other.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maxine Waters pushes Trump impeachment — during eulogy!

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/max...chment-eulogy/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's SHS non-defending Trash with some typical LYING What-Aboutism about Obama

Huckabee Sanders fakes endorsement of Trump's 'destroy' North Korea policy—from Barack Obama

Sarah Sanders
    ✔@PressSec

Presidents have always been clear to deter threats: “We could, obviously, destroy North Korea with our arsenals” -@BarackObama last year
    10:42 AM - Sep 19, 2017

=================

... except for some pesky words located adjacent to those that Sanders lifted.

“It's not something that lends itself to an easy solution," Mr. Obama said.

"We could, obviously, destroy North Korea with our arsenals.

But aside from the humanitarian costs of that,

they are right next door to our vital ally, Republic of Korea."

So, Obama was making a statement about why he couldn’t destroy North Korea.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/19/1699790/-Sarah-Huckabee-Sanders-looks-for-an-endorsement-of-Trump-s-North-Korea-policy-from-Barack-Obama?detail=emaildkre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama has no balls

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Key results from the Politico-Harvard poll:
    •40 percent of those surveyed want to see Congress try to help lower the cost of prescription drugs this fall.
    •33 percent want to see the minimum wage raised at the federal level.
    •30 percent want to see the budget and overall spending reduced.
    •26 percent want to see Obamacare repealed and replaced.
    •24 percent want to see a spending increase to improve the nation's infrastructure.
    •23 percent want to see Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election investigated.
    •20 percent want federal taxes on individuals and businesses reduced.
    •11 percent would like to see Congress focus on building a border wall between the U.S. and Mexico in the fall.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    hey ducks, you ok if they follow the money?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's racism inspire The Best People

Two Naval Hospital Workers Just Brought Black Babies Into The World With A Hate Crime

Two disgusting excuses for human beings who worked in the maternity ward of the Naval Hospital of Jacksonville, Florida,

were idiotic enough to post their hate crime on social media, leading a high school classmate of one of the women to turn them in.

The junior corpswomen, Allyson Thompson and Joanie Barrett, used newborn black babies as props in their Snapchat posts,

drawing devil’s wings on them.

They made the babies “dance” by shaking them on video,

while playing 50 Cent’s “In Da Club.”

One of the women held her middle finger up to an infant, writing,

“How I currently feel about these mini Satans.”

http://verifiedpolitics.com/two-nava...ld-hate-crime/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Names Sarah Palin Ambassador to Nambia

WASHINGTON — Donald J. Trump on Friday capped a busy week of diplomatic activity by naming the former Alaska governor Sarah Palin the United States Ambassador to Nambia.

By naming Palin to this diplomatic post, the United States has become the first nation in the world to formally recognize Nambia’s existence.

In a joint appearance with Trump at the White House,

Palin acknowledged that she “didn’t know a lot about Nambia”

but said that she was looking forward to receiving a

comprehensive briefing on the nation’s history, culture, and customs from the Education Secretary, Betsy DeVos.

“Then it’s Nambia, here I come!” Palin exclaimed.

In a sign that Palin’s appointment was a popular move, a new poll shows that

an overwhelming majority of Americans support her permanent relocation to Nambia.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-names-sarah-palin-ambassador-to-nambia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love this: realDonaldTrump on NFL players disrespecting our flag/anthem: "get that son of a off the field right now - YOU'RE FIRED!"
    6:36 PM - Sep 22, 2017

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love this: realDonaldTrump on NFL players disrespecting our flag/anthem: "get that son of a off the field right now - YOU'RE FIRED!"
    6:36 PM - Sep 22, 2017
    What a pussy. Where was this vitirol when "the very fine" white supremacists ran over a woman?

And he needs to stick to politics.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he needs to stick to politics.
    He needs to stick to tabloids and reality TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol he is better then last 3 presidents combined.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's AmeriKKKa

Texas lawmaker apologizes for calling black district attorneys ‘f*cking n**gers’ out to get ‘taco eaters’

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/texa...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [Trump’s] coverage was negative from the start [of the general election] and never came close to entering positive territory. During his best weeks, the coverage ran 2-to-1 negative over positive. In his worst weeks, the ratio was more than 10-to-1. If there was a silver lining for Trump, it was that his two best weeks were the ones just preceding the November balloting.

This isn't to say that Clinton wasn't covered negatively as well, but for her to claim that Trump somehow escaped negative coverage, and that she was the real victim of the press, is ludicrous.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    [Trump’s] coverage was negative from the start [of the general election] and never came close to entering positive territory. During his best weeks, the coverage ran 2-to-1 negative over positive. In his worst weeks, the ratio was more than 10-to-1. If there was a silver lining for Trump, it was that his two best weeks were the ones just preceding the November balloting.

This isn't to say that Clinton wasn't covered negatively as well, but for her to claim that Trump somehow escaped negative coverage, and that she was the real victim of the press, is ludicrous.
    Compare the behavior, actions and policy of the two candidates during the campaign.

One attacked John McCain for being a P.O.W., called Mexicans rapists and murderers, called for the ban of all Muslims "until we figure out whats going on", was sued by members of his own "university" for fraud, said judge in the lawsuit should recuse himself since he was Mexican, offered zero policy specifics on literally anything, refused to release his tax returns, had a tax return leak which showed he has a one year income of negative 900 million dollars, attacked all media outlets except Fox News, got destroyed in three debates, had a god damn audio recording leak in which he bragged about "grabbing women by the pussy" and had politifact.com indicate that 71% of all his statements were either "mostly false", "false" or "pants on fire".

The other used private email while serving as our nation's secretary of state.

So how the could her negative coverage be in the same stratosphere as Donald Trump?

Thread Information