My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    WASHINGTON, D.C. -- President Barack Obama commuted the prison sentences of 46 nonviolent drug offenders Monday, including Katina Smith, the mother of Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas.

Obama's sentence reductions included those of 14 people who were sentenced to life in prison, saying "their punishments didn't fit the crime." The 46 sentences are the largest number of sentences commuted by a president since the 1960s.

Katina Smith and Thomas' maternal grandmother, Minnie Pearl, were arrested in 1999 for narcotics trafficking. Both had been in prison since Demaryius Thomas was 11 years old. Smith was scheduled to be released in 2017. Minnie Thomas received a life sentence for that crime and remains in prison.

Demaryius Thomas' familial travails were do ented in the past by ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...tence-commuted

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    much respect to that half-a-cac obama for tackling the mass incarceration problem.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    All I read was she got a life sentence for drug trafficking. Also, it said she was a multiple offender....

What did she get caught with? How much did she have in her possession? It happened a long time ago...and I can't find anything on it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good week for Thomas:

Thread Information