My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The big 12* got left out after they screwed themselves with the re ed Co champion thing.

With Baylor's brutal schedule, I think TCU runs away with the le and Boykins gets the Heisman.

I think Oregon gets in.

I think Ohio St gets in.

That leaves the fourth spot to be fought out by the ACC and the SEC.

The problem for the SEC is that they're all equally tough; nobody really stands out. The problem for Florida St is that they play in a weak conference that they barely squeaked through undefeated .....with Winston.

it'll probably be the ACC that gets shunned, but I'll still go with the SEC getting left out. I think they'll end up with too many two loss teams.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    I think it might be Georgia's turn to win the SEC. They seem to have the fewest question marks going into the season. Richt always has solid QB play to open the running lanes for their monster backs. Bama always puts it all together, so they'll be right there. I'm not sold on Auburn. Too many ?'s on D. Arkansas will be pretty salty, but I can't see them winning the West unless there's a crazy tiebreaker scenario like in 2006. The Klan schools will return to the bottom of the standings. LSU will either go 11-1 or 8-4 depending on the QB play. The talent is there to win the SEC. A dark horse, but not deserving of any preseason respect until they prove they can complete simple intermediate passing routes to keep defenses honest. I remain skeptical.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    My Noles will finally drop a regular season game again

Oregon? Probably a few loses

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Alabama (until something changes)
    Ohio State
    TCU
    Oregon (again until something changes)

Those are my picks. FSU is always good, but the legal issues seem to be their biggest problem.

The SEC is always a mystery, but this could be the year everyone has too many losses to get someone in.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think it might be Georgia's turn to win the SEC. They seem to have the fewest question marks going into the season. Richt always has solid QB play to open the running lanes for their monster backs. Bama always puts it all together, so they'll be right there. I'm not sold on Auburn. Too many ?'s on D. Arkansas will be pretty salty, but I can't see them winning the West unless there's a crazy tiebreaker scenario like in 2006. The Klan schools will return to the bottom of the standings. LSU will either go 11-1 or 8-4 depending on the QB play. The talent is there to win the SEC. A dark horse, but not deserving of any preseason respect until they prove they can complete simple intermediate passing routes to keep defenses honest. I remain skeptical.
    rofl people overrate Georgia every ing year.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    rofl people overrate Georgia every ing year.
    Maybe, maybe not. They've been 2nd only to Bama in the SEC in overall recruiting the last 3-4 years. It takes time (4-5 years) to recruit and build a championship caliber roster with talent and depth unless you have an unprecedented built in support system for cheating like Alabama does.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Maybe, maybe not. They've been 2nd only to Bama in the SEC in overall recruiting the last 3-4 years. It takes time (4-5 years) to recruit and build a championship caliber roster with talent and depth unless you have an unprecedented built in support system for cheating like Alabama does.
    You need to check how many times Georgia has been in the top ten in the last 10+ years. It's a lot.

Only Clemson is more overrated/underachieving than Georgia

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    SEC

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    You need to check how many times Georgia has been in the top ten in the last 10+ years. It's a lot.

Only Clemson is more overrated/underachieving than Georgia
    Georgia's had some bad luck lately. 5 yards away from a national le in 2012, and a contending team the following year decimated by injuries. Plus, the brain fart against Urban Meyer in 2007 that allowed LSU to slip into the le game.

Clemson has no excuses. They recruit like an SEC team in the ACC and still manage to lose 3-4 games a year.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    Duke Blue Devils
    Post Count
    People actually picking Oregon? They almost always drop a Conference Home Game and just lost their Programs only Heisman Champ.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Georgia's had some bad luck lately. 5 yards away from a national le in 2012, and a contending team the following year decimated by injuries. Plus, the brain fart against Urban Meyer in 2007 that allowed LSU to slip into the le game.

Clemson has no excuses. They recruit like an SEC team in the ACC and still manage to lose 3-4 games a year.
    They're in the top ten in recruiting almost every year going back to 2003.

I know they've been in a number of SEC le games, but only 3 BCS games in 15 years with all that talent is inexcusable imo.

And that loss in '05 Sugar Bowl to West Virginia....lol brutal.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    when it comes to recruiting success, no team does less with more than Georgia.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    when it comes to recruiting success, no team does less with more than Georgia.
    Clemson and Aggy are in the conversation

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count

I'm surprised Tennessee is so high. The BUTtchuggers are still a year or two away from making real noise in the SEC IMO. Folks may be sleeping on A&M a bit. They could win 9-10 games, but they'll still get raped in Baton Rouge and lose the division.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Damn Missy St fell off the map fast. So did the game s

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    Oregon. We takin' it this year!

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    Oregon. We takin' it this year!
    How's USC's roster looking? I know you guys finally signed a full class last year, but before that the scholarship reductions did a real number on you guys. Saban would have never scheduled the USC/Bama game for 2016 if he thought USC was going to be at full strength.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    How's USC's roster looking? I know you guys finally signed a full class last year, but before that the scholarship reductions did a real number on you guys. Saban would have never scheduled the USC/Bama game for 2016 if he thought USC was going to be at full strength.
    It's going to be an interesting year. It's a weird year because this is Cody Kessler's last year and to be honest, this team is still a year away from truly contention for the Playoffs. I wouldn't, be surprised if they made the final four but then I wouldn't be surprised if they have 2-3 loses and will be relegated to watching Oregon the bed once more when the lights are brightest. Our RB corps is banged up for the most part and will have a little experience. Our O-line is going to be solid though. The secondary is going to be legit with Biggie involved. A'doree Jackson is going to be electrifying in space. Sua Cravens will anchor the LB corps.They'll have to replace a number of wr threats but the last recruiting class has filled some need. I will aim high and hope I land with the prediction that they go 11-1, win the south, then face Oregon in the PAC 12 Championship game. They'll avenge their only loss to Oregon and make the final four to lose. Then the real fun begins when the stench of the NCAA penalties are finally whiffed out.

Thread Information