Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judge Blocks Utah Guv's Order To Cut Off Planned Parenthood Funding

A judge on Tuesday blocked an order issued by Utah Gov. Gary Herbert to cut off federal money going to Planned Parenthood in the state after the release of secretly recorded videos by a California anti-abortion group.

U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups issued the temporary restraining order during a hearing, allowing the money to keep flowing while the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah seeks a longer-term injunction.

Planned Parenthood sought the emergency order a day after suing Herbert. It said some programs would have expired Wednesday if the money was blocked.

Herbert acted on his personal and political agenda when he cut off funding to the organization following the release of the videos, said Peggy Tomsic, a lawyer for the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ga...+%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/..._1020250.html#

Just an answer to Planned Parenthoods "independent" analysis LOL. And all your neutral articles you post.
    WS doesn't answer . It's just a VRWC mouthpiece

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weekly_Standard

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's McCarthy also admitting Repugs are ACORNing / Shirley Sherrod-ing /Benghazi-ing Planned Parenthood.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../29/cg.01.html

Obi Wan Ginobli
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what is her expertise then? Why can't you just answer the question?
    Her life's work has been on abortion, so her expertise is in abortion. That is implied. No one is saying she's more knowledgable then some others but she's obviously knowledgeable enough to speak before a congressional committee. Not sure why you are so offended.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Her life's work has been on abortion, so her expertise is in abortion. That is implied. No one is saying she's more knowledgable then some others but she's obviously knowledgeable enough to speak before a congressional committee. Not sure why you are so offended.
    You still didn't answer the question. Being aborted doesn't make one an expert on abortion. What is her expertise? She is speaking on abortion using an ANECDOTE. See how far anecdotal evidence gets you in any court. I'm not offended I'm just not persuaded by her testimony. Add in the fact she believes in an invisible man in the sky who watches us all and I take her testimony even less seriously.

As an aside to her specifically, WHERE is the evidence PP did anything illegal as the Center for Medical Progress (hilarious name) claims? Or are you just another person who thinks things were better when abortion was illegal?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Catholic asshole slanders and lies

NY Times' Ross Douthat Resurrects Debunked Claim That Planned Parenthood "Endorsed A Right To Post-Birth Abortion"

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...d-claim/205887

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fire at Thousand Oaks Planned Parenthood office found to be arson

A f
    ire Wednesday night at a Planned Parenthood facility in Thousand Oaks was determined to be arson, authorities said.

Ventura County sheriff’s Capt. John Reilly said someone likely used a rock to shatter a window at the Planned Parenthood facility in the 1200 block of West Hillcrest Drive, then threw gasoline inside the office and ignited it.

The attack comes more than six weeks after the office was vandalized,

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...001-story.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Planned Parenthood Talks

Peering down at Richards, Representative John Duncan Jr., a Tennessee Republican, noted that the Boys & Girls Clubs of America “received $26 million from the federal government, compared to your $528 million. Seems a little bit lopsided to me.”

Richards mildly noted that as much as she respected the Boys & Girls Clubs, it doesn’t do a whole lot in the way of providing health care services to Medicaid recipients. Unmoved, Duncan then demanded to know if Richards would defend “the sale of baby body parts.”

Several Democrats on the committee charged their Republican colleagues with sexism because they continually interrupted Richards and talked over her answers. (Representative Gerry Connolly of Virginia complained about “the disrespect, the misogyny rampant here today.”) But to be fair, this is really standard operating procedure in the House these days, and Richards, who is the daughter of former Texas Gov. Ann Richards, is not exactly a delicate flower.

Her interrogators also harped on her salary, which is more than $520,000 a year.

The base salary for the head of the Boys & Girls Clubs, by the way, is $576,000.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/01...alks.html?_r=2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seth Meyers DESTROYS the bull PP hearings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=120&v=K7pNkqVmNKM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Planned Parenthood Talks

Peering down at Richards, Representative John Duncan Jr., a Tennessee Republican, noted that the Boys & Girls Clubs of America “received $26 million from the federal government, compared to your $528 million. Seems a little bit lopsided to me.”

Richards mildly noted that as much as she respected the Boys & Girls Clubs, it doesn’t do a whole lot in the way of providing health care services to Medicaid recipients. Unmoved, Duncan then demanded to know if Richards would defend “the sale of baby body parts.”

I also heard that Boys & Girls Club really falls behind Planned Parenthood when it comes to selling live human aborted American babies to BigPharma.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also heard that Boys & Girls Club really falls behind Planned Parenthood when it comes to selling live human aborted American babies to BigPharma.
    You Lie

... as expected. Totally, WILLFULLY duped by CMP bull vids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You Lie

... as expected. Totally, WILLFULLY duped by CMP bull vids.
    what's CMP. what vids?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's CMP. what vids?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Satanic Temple Sues For Woman’s Religious Freedom To Do Devil Abortions

Back in June, Missouri filed a motion to dismiss the suit, and last week, the Satanic Temple filed its answer, arguing that as a Satanist, their client, “Mary Doe,” believes her body is inviolable, and only she can make medical decisions about her medical care. Thus, the waiting period and mandatory anti-abortion reading material infringed her ability to exercise her faith. (Also, at this point, while the suit is going forward, the practical outcome is no longer a question, since “Mary Doe” went ahead and had the abortion, accepting the waiting period under protest.)

Thanks to restrictive abortion laws, Missouri has only one clinic that provides abortions. (It’s the same one and only Missouri abortion clinic the state attorney general just finished investigating, and no, it is not illegally selling baby parts for scraps.)

When a woman goes to the clinic to have an abortion, she then has to turn around and go home to and wait for 72 hours, to make sure she really really wants that abortion. The Satanic Temple’s position is that since none of the state’s restrictions are medically necessary, they cons ute an effort to coerce religious beliefs upon the woman seeking an abortion:

Under the group’s tenets, Doe does not believe having an abortion terminates a separate, living human being, court do ents say. So she believes her rights were violated when she was subject to the consent information and the 72-hour waiting period when she went to Planned Parenthood for an abortion.

Doe’s attorney, W. James McNaughton, argued that Doe was en led to an exemption from the waiting period and reading material under, Missouri’s Restoring Freedom of Religion Act:

http://wonkette.com/594487/satanic-temple-sues-for-womans-religious-freedom-to-do-devil-abortions

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems: GOP Won’t Give Us Full Planned Parenthood Attack Videos

Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY) said on the House floor Wednesday that congressional Republicans are refusing to give Democrats copies of what could be the full, unedited source footage of the deceptive videos attacking Planned Parenthood.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, chair of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, issued a subpoena last month to David Daleiden, head of the anti-choicefront group known as the Center for Medical Progress, for all of the unedited videos he has that relate to the acquisition, preparation, and sale of fetal tissue.

Daleiden delivered these videos to the committee on September 25, Slaughter said—but he only provided the videos to the committee’s Republicans, in direct violation of the subpoena. That subpoena reads, “Two sets of do ents shall be delivered, one set to the Majority Staff and one set to the Minority Staff.”

Then, Slaughter said, Chaffetz refused to open the package containing the videos until two weeks later. Now his staff is refusing to give copies of the videos, which Chaffetz “has in his possession right now on a computer hard drive,” to Democratic committee members.

http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/20...ality+Check%29

If the Repugs have nothing to hide ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took one editor of the Planned Parenthood videos 11 months to do his work

Huffington Post has discovered the iden y of at least one of the editors of the videos produced by the Center for Medical Progress showing what the CMP and Republicans say is Planned Parenthood doing something bad. Not only have they identified the editor, they've discovered how long it took to get at least one of the videos out: 11 months.

Which makes for a lot of editing time.

Video editor Ryan Gonzalez spent at least 11 months working on the footage, according to his Facebook page and a friend of his who is familiar with the editing process. The friend requested to remain anonymous due to the sensitivity of the matter.
    Gonzalez worked on the videos with David Daleiden, a self-described "citizen journalist" who started the Center for Medical Progress and who previously worked for the anti-abortion group Live Action. […]

On July 14, after the center released the first hidden-camera video, Gonzalez posted the link on Facebook, saying, "This is the first part of a project I've been editing since last August and haven't been able to talk about until now."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/1...28Daily+Kos%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    House Republicans vote to give Planned Parenthood the Benghazi treatment

There will be a select committee to "investigate" Planned Parenthood after the House voted on Wednesday, 242 to 184, to create a 13-member panel. This after House Oversight Committee Chairman (and would-be Speaker of the House) Rep. Jason Chaffetz admitted that Planned Parenthood had broken no laws. Nonetheless, the resolution creating the committee came to the floor and passed.

The four-page bill does not mention Planned Parenthood by name. Instead, it charges the committee to investigate

“fetal tissue procurement,”

“federal funding and support for abortion providers” and

“born-alive” abortions, generally.

But Republicans were clear that the committee’s work is intended to deepen three existing House committee probes into Planned Parenthood, which began in early August.

The committees have held three hearings as part of their investigations, which has prompted Planned Parenthood to turn over at least 20,000 do ents, according to Democrats.

Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) will lead the panel, with Republicans apparently believing that having a woman head up it up will inoculate them against charges that this is just more of their War on Women.

They're wrong.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/10/08/1429094/-House-Republicans-vote-to-give-Planned-Parenthood-the-Benghazi-treatment?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&ut m_campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos%2 9#

Just more 100% bull distraction and pandering to their misogynist, pro-birth, Christian Sharia base.

aka, Repug MISgovernance in bad faith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^VLWC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said Thursday that the GOP's investigation into Planned Parenthood's use of federal funds hasn't turned up anything.

"Did I look at the finances and have a hearing specifically as to the revenue portion and how they spend? Yes. Was there any wrongdoing? I didn't find any," he said during a Judiciary Committee hearing on the family planning provider.

Chaffetz, a candidate for House speaker, grilled Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards during a five-hour hearing last week. He questioned her salary, asked about the organization's expenses and revenues, and pressed Richards on why the group had revenue of $127 million last year if it's a nonprofit. (Nonprofits put their revenues back into their programs.)

But after all that, he concluded that Planned Parenthood isn't doing anything sketchy with its money. "Did we find any wrongdoing? The answer was no," Chaffetz said.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0dbb8000de134

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what govt is supposed to do: protect naive, stressed citizens from dangerous frauds, liars like the bogus, LYING unlicensed, non-medical Crisis Pregnancy Centers.

One State Finally Cracked Down on Deceptive Anti-Abortion Pregnancy Centers

California on Friday became the only state to target anti-abortion pregnancy centers with a law cracking down on deceptive practices some have used to prevent or dissuade women from having an abortion.

The new law, which forces some crisis pregnancy centers to offer information about public assistance for reproductive services and others to notify patients that there are no medical professionals on staff

But the new law may represent the outer limit of what legislatures can do to regulate crisis pregnancy centers. The measure, called AB 775, almost certainly faces the same fraught legal battles that stalled similar regulations in cities including Baltimore, New York, and Austin. Those battles forced NARAL and its allies to be conservative in crafting the new regulations. For instance,

the law cannot force unlicensed centers to inform women that the state health department encourages women to visit licensed medical providers for prenatal care. A new court fight could erode their options even further.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...gnancy-centers

do you bag rightwingnuts, Repugs, Christian Taliban provide any HONESTY in anything you do or say?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug MISgovernance, obsesses with vaginas and wimmen having sex

GOP Lawmakers To Smithsonian: Take Down That Margaret Sanger Bust!

A group of Republican lawmakers are reiterating their call for the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery to remove a bust of Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and 25 House members sent a letter to the museum's director Kim Sajet Friday calling the display of the bust "an affront both to basic human decency and the very meaning of justice."

The letter pointed to Sanger's support of eugenics, but also blasted her for founding Planned Parenthood, which has been in the crosshairs of congressional Republicans and nearly prompted them to shutdown the federal government rather the reauthorize its funding.

"Renewed concern and scrutiny of Ms. Sanger’s background stems from the recent ongoing revelations of Planned Parenthood’s potential activities in the trafficking of fetal tissue and baby body parts from abortions," the letter said. It goes on to take out of context a line from a 1939 letter written by Sanger to suggest Planned Parenthood was formed to "exterminate the Negro population.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas cuts off Medicaid funding to Planned Parenthood: report

Texas has cut off Medicaid funding to Planned Parenthood, NBC News' Houston affiliate reported on Monday.

In a letter on Monday, Texas health officials told Planned Parenthood clinics statewide that all funding from the government health insurance program for the poor was being severed, KPRC reported.

The move follows a federal judge's decision blocking Louisiana's efforts to defund Planned Parenthood clinics in that state.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/19/us-usa-plannedparenthood-texas-idUSKCN0SD1UY20151019?feedType=RSS&feedName=domest icNews

White, rich, TX Christian Sharia ing over poor women, which is what Christ would do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iowa Right To Life director: Contraception can’t decrease abortions because it has a ‘huge failure rate’

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/iowa...e+Raw+Story%29

.... news from The Pro-birth Twilight Zone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Eliminates Taxpayer Funding To Planned Parenthood Providers

Following the release of gruesome videos filmed at Planned Parenthood facilities, including Gulf Coast in Texas, Governor Greg Abbott announced his LIFE Initiative to provide greater protections for children in the womb and prevent the sale of baby body parts. Today, the Office of Inspector General at Texas Health and Human Services Commission issued a letter ending Medicaid participation for Planned Parenthood affiliates in the State of Texas based on evidence of Medicaid program violations. The cancellation, consistent with Governor Abbott’s LIFE initiative, calls for funding to Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers out of taxpayer money to be eliminated completely, both at the State and local levels.

“Texas has stepped forward and shown its unyielding commitment to both protecting life and providing women’s health services,” said Governor Abbott. “The gruesome harvesting of baby body parts by Planned Parenthood will not be allowed in Texas and the barbaric practice must be brought to an end. As such, ending the Medicaid participation of Planned Parenthood affiliates in the State of Texas is another step in providing greater access to safe healthcare for women while protecting our most vulnerable – the unborn.”

In the letter issued, the Office of Inspector General made the following points for ending enrollment in the Texas Medicaid program:

• That Planned Parenthood and its affiliates are no longer capable of performing medical services in a professionally competent, safe, legal and ethical manner.
    • The termination of all Planned Parenthood affiliates will not affect access to care because there are thousands of alternate providers in Texas including federally qualified heath centers, Medicaid-certified rural health clinics, and other health care providers across the state that participate in the Texas Women’s Health Program and Medicaid.
    • The State of Texas requests cooperation in informing all clients and potential clients of alternatives where they can obtain Medicaid services from providers in good standing with the State.

http://gov.texas.gov/news/press-release/21560

100% slander and lies, just your typical TX Repug BULL and War on (Poor) Women

Thread Information