Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not hanging around the courthouse in K-Mart apparel.
    Not hiring private s to follow his wife.
    Not letting some border jumper steal his boodle.
    Not letting some border jumper bust his wife's snatch.
    Not letting Battier steal his cookie.
    Not hugging David "Chicken of the Sea" Robinson like they're sexual lovers.
    Not appearing on the cover of People Magazine proclaiming his sexuality.
    Not letting the team across the hall take him out in his repeat year.
    Not letting some SF snot nose appear on his team's Forum, whoppin' those asses, takin' them names.
    Not ming with a female present
    Not passing the ball
    Not making the playoffs
    Not making any friends
    Not getting the hard truth that there is life after basketball
    Not responsible for 3peat
    Not getting a decent free agent
    Not even meeting the team across the hall
    Not anything close to Michael Jordan
    Not even as good as the DeAndre Jordan
    Not even as good as Jordan Crawford
    Not going to play another full season in his career
    Not going to ever escape the rape claim
    Not any different than Mike Tyson, look how his life turned out.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^ s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His pay doesnt even reflect a top 100 rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His pay doesnt even reflect a top 100 rookie.
    neither does your roster.

how low Laker fan has fallen to now equate greatness with pay scale. I never got into a sports discussion where bragging was about how much a specific athlete made. Unless he's your son why do you give a ? I will tell you why, you have nothing else. You are ing done.

Fans are mostly fans of the franchise, and its best for the franchise to have the maximum amount of talent for the minimum amount of money. That's certainly not happening with the Lakers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

how low Laker fan has fallen to now equate greatness with pay scale. I never got into a sports discussion where bragging was about how much a specific athlete made. Unless he's your son why do you give a ? I will tell you why, you have nothing else. You are ing done.

Fans are mostly fans of the franchise, and its best for the franchise to have the maximum amount of talent for the minimum amount of money. That's certainly not happening with the Lakers.
    Hey, s, you sound angry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan finished the year on the All-NBA 3rd team and was one of the only reason the Spurs were able to push the Clips to 7, so yes he's top 15.

And I love how Dale's lists have nothing to do with basketball He lost this battle, baaaaddddlly

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan finished the year on the All-NBA 3rd team and was one of the only reason the Spurs were able to push the Clips to 7, so yes he's top 15.

And I love how Dale's lists have nothing to do with basketball He lost this battle, baaaaddddlly
    They were selling your . Stringing your ropes. Fixing your greens & hummus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were selling your . Stringing your ropes. Fixing your greens & hummus.
    u been tryin to sell laker for last 4 seasons now...whats next clown?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    u been tryin to sell laker for last 4 seasons now...whats next clown?
    No. They were selling your .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan is just as damaged. It's just aside from Tim losing to Battier, $25 million, his 1st 5th, his wife & his children's autonomy, and countless rebates to Spurs Inc. you'd never know it.
    Kobe is a has-been. Mainly noted for being a rapist and a loser teammate - those 2 items are his legacy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe is a has-been. Mainly noted for being a rapist and a loser teammate - those 2 items are his legacy.
    Nice of ya to come down. Ya chicken , you.

I spit on you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You guys always move the goalposts. For years media and fans alike would on players that rang chased at the end of their careers for less money. In fact... we dont even recognize les for guys like Richmond and Payton due to that behavior. Now... guys like Jim and Dirk have changed the culture by taking paycuts just to lure talent to win rigns. This is beyond stupid and. the owners are literally laughing all the way to the bank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, s, you sound angry.
    Taint anger, tis the Grim Reaper come a callin'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys always move the goalposts. For years media and fans alike would on players that rang chased at the end of their careers for less money. In fact... we dont even recognize les for guys like Richmond and Payton due to that behavior. Now... guys like Jim and Dirk have changed the culture by taking paycuts just to lure talent to win rigns. This is beyond stupid and. the owners are literally laughing all the way to the bank.
    Huge difference between sacrificing pay for rings vs not ever being able to get one otherwise. Tim rung with max salary as well. Payton, well no so much.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Taint anger, tis the Grim Reaper come a callin'
    Hey, s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tis the Witch of November come stealin', and you Lakers are the Edmund Fitzgerald.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tis the Witch of November come stealin', and you Lakers are the Edmund Fitzgerald.
    You poor thing, you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You poor thing, you.
    Lakers... nary a in' lake.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers... nary a in' lake.
    That won't work. We got 16 and we ain't lettin' nary a 1 get away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge difference between sacrificing pay for rings vs not ever being able to get one otherwise. Tim rung with max salary as well. Payton, well no so much.
    No... he's sacrificing money for legacy. Lets be honest about this. Its a sucka move that he'll regret later in life.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That won't work. We got 16 and we ain't lettin' nary a 1 get away.
    I wouldn't want to see Kobe ever whoring himself out for 2 million dollars/ yr....I would denounce my fandom before I accepted it...that money is huge in the real world but in basketball terms if you're a vet and taking that level of pay it simply means you're officially a scrub....it doesn't mean you're trying to win or that you care so much..it simply means you're a ing washed up scrub...

I would not accept Kobe playing for such peanuts after all he's done for LA...in fact he should never play for anything less than 10 mill /yr even if he plays till 50....

Tim Duncan is a scrub but because of the lack of quality big men he's able to hang onto the nuts of younger players like Kawhi....if Kobe played for 2 mill like Duncan can you imagine the blowback from Spur fan....Tammy has no shame so he will do it...Guys like Kobe and MJ are iconic and global brands...they dont spend their free time in a auto mechanic shop as their second business because they're global entrepreneurs....and a global entrepreneur ain't wasting his time on a paltry 2 mill a yr...basically competing in revenue with the gym of a guy who robbed your ass of 1 million dollars to start the gym....all while dippin in that white nookie he took from your ass as well....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want to see Kobe ever whoring himself out for 2 million dollars/ yr....I would denounce my fandom before I accepted it...that money is huge in the real world but in basketball terms if you're a vet and taking that level of pay it simply means you're officially a scrub....it doesn't mean you're trying to win or that you care so much..it simply means you're a ing washed up scrub...

I would not accept Kobe playing for such peanuts after all he's done for LA...in fact he should never play for anything less than 10 mill /yr even if he plays till 50....

Tim Duncan is a scrub but because of the lack of quality big men he's able to hang onto the nuts of younger players like Kawhi....if Kobe played for 2 mill like Duncan can you imagine the blowback from Spur fan....Tammy has no shame so he will do it...Guys like Kobe and MJ are iconic and global brands...they dont spend their free time in a auto mechanic shop as their second business because they're global entrepreneurs....and a global entrepreneur ain't wasting his time on a paltry 2 mill a yr...basically competing in revenue with the gym of a guy who robbed your ass of 1 million dollars to start the gym....all while dippin in that white nookie he took from your ass as well....
    I wouldn't denounce it, and I wouldn't disown Kobe. I'd cite him on sight, like I've done Duncan.

And Kobe might do exactly what Duncan has done and what Daddy did. He's been touched by the fire 5 times. I could easily see him hunting that fire elsewhere.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't denounce it, and I wouldn't disown Kobe. I'd cite him on sight, like I've done Duncan.

And Kobe might do exactly what Duncan has done and what Daddy did. He's been touched by the fire 5 times. I could easily see him hunting that fire elsewhere.

No he wont...Jeannie will always take care of her boy and he knows it....dont believe me? Well then..listen to this ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Kobe played for 2 mill like Duncan can you imagine the blowback from Spur fan
    WTF would SF say Kool? I'll tell you one thing...If Kirbs made 2 mill for the past two years....your team would be a uva lot better than 21-61. And maybe even a shot at relevancy again. Bottom line....the 48.5 is crippling your franchise. Are you such a fanboi that you can't see this?

If that's what floats your boat....more power to ya Kool. Some of us fans aspire for bigger things than finishing 40 games below .500.

Good luck with those ping pong balls again next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jordan made $1M a year from the Wizards his final two years, struggling to make the playoffs in the East.

Kobe made $20M a year from the Lakers, leading them to the two worst Laker seasons ever, something even Vlade Divac wasn't able to do. He couldn't even hang on with the embarrassing line up of SGs in this era(Harden gets to be an MVP candidate just because he's playing that position). That is the definition of a scrub.

People measure success differently, some people measure it by the amount of money made. Others measure it by whether they get to do what they really love to do. I am sure Kobe loves spending his twilight basketball years sitting on the bench, missing the playoffs and recruiting free agents.

Thread Information